Souths Purple Patch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Souths have hit some purple patch. They are now the richest club with the biggest backing, arguably the best coach, the best fullback, The best new young players coming through. They have lost Burgess and Teo and they look stronger. I cant see it coming to an end. They are the new Bronco's.

What kills me is they somehow found the cash to sign Gifty??

However if they lost Inglis.

Souths have hit some purple patch. They are now the richest club with the biggest backing, arguably the best coach, the best fullback, The best new young players coming through. They have lost Burgess and Teo and they look stronger. I cant see it coming to an end. They are the new Bronco's.

What kills me is they somehow found the cash to sign Gifty??

However if they lost Inglis.

Don't forget that was us a few years back, their time will come, all their stars will be in the market and want huge upgrades.

Swings and roundabouts

it's their time, no doubt. But at the end of the day, they are Souths and that is a burden in itself, so whatever they achieve, they'll still simply be "Souths".

Give them credit, they have taken advantage of their brand, pushed it and pushed, they are the envy of the other clubs at the moment. The overwhelming indicator is how together they are as a club. That is what we need to get back to very fast.

And the NRL, channel Nein and the referees juuuuuust swoon every time a bunnies player turns around.

I am surprised how much I like them now.

But then again I'd had a gutful of Burgess and hes gone, and one of my favourite all time players in Gift is there.

Give them credit, they have taken advantage of their brand, pushed it and pushed, they are the envy of the other clubs at the moment. The overwhelming indicator is how together they are as a club. That is what we need to get back to very fast.

I don't envy them though; they are Souths.

Their jersey looks awful, they were bailed out by one of the worst actors in Hollywood, they are loved by every "johnny come lately" supporter, won most of their premierships when there were only 5 teams in the competition, and they're a bunch of fairies.

The Manly brand is so much more appealing to me than Souths; made up of 20,000 bandwagon members.

The only thing bigger than the purple patch South's are in at the moment is the wet patch on the channel 9 commentators seats after 80mins.

I don't envy them though; they are Souths.

Their jersey looks awful, they were bailed out by one of the worst actors in Hollywood, they are loved by every "johnny come lately" supporter, won most of their premierships when there were only 5 teams in the competition, and they're a bunch of fairies.

The Manly brand is so much more appealing to me than Souths; made up of 20,000 bandwagon members.

You're kidding right?

Russell Crowe despite all the phone throwing pretend musicianing is the best actor since Brando. Land what he has done for Souths is so incredible it's not debatable. I don't like their Bellamy throw back wrestling moves but I respect the way they won last year. They beat us and everyone else that mattered. There are twelve or thirteen teams I would see them raise the trophy over excluding us. They are hot right now. But they have waited and earned it. They built that team. Didn't buy it like the Rorters.

Well unless we buy back Gift & Choc , keep Foz & dump DCE that ain't happening in this era.

They're in a great spot right now, money, fans and media darlings.
I can definitely see why the Penn's brought in Kelly, if he had a hand in transforming the Rabbits brand into what it is then I'm very excited about what can potentially happen at Manly.
Also, the Broncos isn't a big get, they're a bottom 8 squad and Bennett is a rubbish coach now, should've retired after 2010.

You're kidding right?

Russell Crowe despite all the phone throwing pretend musicianing is the best actor since Brando. Land what he has done for Souths is so incredible it's not debatable. I don't like their Bellamy throw back wrestling moves but I respect the way they won last year. They beat us and everyone else that mattered. There are twelve or thirteen teams I would see them raise the trophy over excluding us. They are hot right now. But they have waited and earned it. They built that team. Didn't buy it like the Rorters.

Best actor since Brando?

Stop the fight! Have you seen American Gangster? Cringe worthy performance.

Crowe is not a likeable guy; an ego maniac who pumped $$$ into the club to buy success.

They play a boring brand of football built on wrestling, and they have the biggest prima donna for a captain, crawling all over the ground on all fours like he has worms up his bum. They covered up an assault on a bouncer, and a domestic violence case from the public to protect their image, and their supporter base is made up of the biggest collection of "gummy bear blow ins" outside of a government housing complex.

OK, they're winning football games; congratulations, but let's not get carried away with envy. We've won lots of football games over the last 5 decades.

Best actor since Brando?

Stop the fight! Have you seen American Gangster? Cringe worthy performance.

Crowe is not a likeable guy; an ego maniac who pumped $$$ into the club to buy success.

They play a boring brand of football built on wrestling, and they have the biggest prima donna for a captain, crawling all over the ground on all fours like he has worms up his bum. They covered up an assault on a bouncer, and a domestic violence case from the public to protect their image, and their supporter base is made up of the biggest collection of "gummy bear blow ins" outside of a government housing complex.

OK, they're winning football games; congratulations, but let's not get carried away with envy. We've won lots of football games over the last 5 decades.
He isn't even the best actor from this hemisphere, that goes to Eric Bana followed by probably Hugh Jackman or the bloke from Thor,he's behind so many

They only won last year because the NRL wanted them to

Don't get me wrong fella's i hate them more than anything. They are a carbon copy of the cheating 2000's storm. And I for one hope they crash the team bus and all break an ankle.

Souffs have the best fullback? Sure Inglis is good, especially when he's running with the ball in his hands. But as a fullback I'd rather have him in the centres and have Snake with the #1 on his jumper.

Good to see Gifty without a stomach though. Now he looks barrel chested.

Saw some of the first half, Souths look good, as they did during last years finals and again this pre-season. Fine by me, let them be front runners this time. It's a bloody long season, I don't think they'll win the comp this year.

Russell Crowe has an outstanding body of work , across many genre's.

I recently saw" The Water Diviner", which he wrote, directed, funded ( partially) and starred in, he's a very very talented man, and streets ahead of any other actor from down under.

Souths are well funded, well promoted , well coached, well set up and are currently in a massive purple patch.

They may have bogan supporters , but they have over 30,000 of them.

I bet if you asked Scott Penn he'd like to have the same set up he'd swap in a heart beat.

This is by no means a Souths love fest but you can't but not admire what they've done and where they are currently at.

I was underwhelmed by the match last night. I found it dull and I think my enthusiasm for rugby league, which I've been watching for 55 years, has waned. I hope I get the excitement back watching Manly tonight.
My season fear is that we will have to watch those plodding Broncos on TV for 18 or so more times during the year. On the lack of form they showed they are going to finish near the bottom of the ladder. Nice work Channel Nein; it's one thing to watch a decent team, but you are subjecting us to a season of Bronco television dross.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6