1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sour Grapes

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Mar 14, 2009.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Look, i know its being cheap, we lost the game and its just sour grapes (titled as such)

But who else can stand when a wooden spoon team throws their hands up at the end of the game beating previous years GF team?

It just ****s me, its like woohoo, round one win, **** yeah, we beat the best team yadda yadda after a week of the biggest **** storm since coffs harbour.

Also, hasem elmasri. **** footballer, good goal kicker. Disgrace to the game that  guy who can only score goals is counted as a points scorer along side players like johns, stewart and the like who add so much more than two minutes to kick goal after the skillful players give us what we want to see.

End rant

/sourgrapes

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    [img=400x300]http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg[/img]

3. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    hahaha I feel your pain.

Anyway no surprise we lost.  Excluding the last week we always get beat round 1 anyway.  

4. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 20
    I think we all know what happens to the teams that peak at the start of the season. By round 5 you will have Canberra, Bulldogs, Titans, Panthers all up in the top 8 and by the end of the season they will be fighting it out for the spoon.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,133 / 289
    Hopefully our boys will focus this week with no new issues to drag on.

6. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    lol BE, at least now i know how much its costing me to be bitter in defeat.

lols

7. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not good but we will bounce back.

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    0-6 first half penalty count didn't help things.  I thought Gallop had ended the punishment with the $100k fine.

9. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Who cares enjoy the fact we are world champions, they are round one winners........ big difference, im sure any teamwould swap for our possie

10. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Can we invent a trophy and invite Gallop out to Brookie after rnd 5 to present it to us after we flog the tigers.........

11. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      As a nice touch we'll name it after him.

The Failed Solicitor Cup.

12. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I'd like to present Gallop with the law suit against the NRL when Stewart is cleared. That would make my day.

13. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
  14. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35

[/quote]
    how about the **** CUP

15. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Thats clearly sexual harrasment towards anyone with a **** cliffy.

4 week ban from the forum.

Reason: Not supporting a team owned by news.

16. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6

[/quote]
    how about the c**t CUP
    [/quote]

I don't know about you Cliffy, but that po-faced ignoramus has no hope of giving as much pleasure as one of those when it gets cupped.

17. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I was wondering, is there any way at all to guage or find info on the profits made by news on a year when one of their own teams takes the premiership, compared to when an independantly owned club wins?

18. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    We never got an opportunity to get into the game early. No posession and got caned in the penalties. Once we got behind the guys might have subconciously thrown in the towel. The weather didn't help and the Dogs played pretty well on the back of having plenty of the ball. Not much went our way tonight. Caps off a pretty sh!t week to be honest. There's always next week, let's hope they can bounce back.

19. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    CnC analysis spot on. But other lessons here amongst the other factors:
    every bunch of miserable crumbs will aim up against us this year (at least that is the best assumption to go with weekly)

the 2 ref thing appears to emphasise the advantage to a team with roll on momentum

the bailey at 5/8 strategy is a work in progress. Probably right to give it the time to develop but there is and will be alot of pressure on while B.Stewart is out. seeing ox trying to playmake both sides of the ruck (eg. in the grubber kick gone wrong) is a bit worrying.

20. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    Agreed. Just one of those nights when nothing went our way. They weren't that good and we weren't that bad (aside from the handling errors). At least the season is underway.
    Warriors looked good tonight so we'll be up against it next week.