Souffs v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Souths or storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Berkeley_Eagle said:
cliffhanger said:
I've had money on souths to win the comp long ago...heeheehhee.

So does The NRL
There is no doubt at all the NRL would love Souths to be in the GF, but I don't think they really need Souths to win it.

By the way, a 'heroes v villains' GF featuring Souths and Manly might be one of the best results for the NRL.

Brissie Kid said:
21000 there last night. When Souths are doing well, rugby league is doing well. Not.

I hate them both, but would have preferred to see the scum win, than the wabbits.

Was nice to see unbiased reffing last night :rolleyes:

Souths winning was a much better result for Manly. It means win or lose tonight all our remaining games will be in Sydney and there is no possibility of us having to play the scum in Melbourne.

I feel dirty this morning realising souths have made me do something I thought not previously possible and thats feel sympathy for melbourne.
It's probably more a reflection of how I feel abouts souths, I don't think theres a team in the comp I hate more than those diving, toothless fanned, centrelink supported wabbits, In fact they should have put north back in the comp before allowing souths return.

How was the small crowd last night ; 21000. Just goes to show Souths fans don't travel out of whatever ****hole they happen to be living in.

Eric Galt said:
Souths winning was a much better result for Manly. It means win or lose tonight all our remaining games will be in Sydney and there is no possibility of us having to play the scum in Melbourne.

That I agree with, and thank **** we don't have to play in Melbourne to have to Qualify!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
HoldenV8 said:
... More importantly, Storm player or not I hope Waqa is ok. That looked nasty.
I'm sure every league fan agrees with that. Good luck to Sisa Waqa, I hope he makes a full recovery. This guy is seriously athletic and his strong physique may be the only thing that saved him from being carted off to the morgue instead of hospital.

It was horrific to watch. The rule should be changed to protect attacking players as well as defenders.

Good luck with your recovery Sisa.

Melbourne Storm winger Sisa Waqa has been given an initial all-clear after a horrific incident during Melbourne's qualifying final loss to South Sydney.

Waqa landed on his head after being tipped from a considerable height by Dylan Farrell as he attempted to collect a bomb.

Storm medical officials used the medicab to transport him off the ground - he was then taken to hospital.

On Saturday, Melbourne's official Twitter account gave an update on Waqa's condition:

Waqa update: Initial scans clear & positive, he will have MRI in Melb but as you can see he's ok and on his way home

- Melbourne Storm (@MelbourneStorm) September 14, 2013

Waqa was seen at the airport with his neck in a brace.

Waqa would be considered in some doubt for next week's elimination game against the winner of Sunday's Canterbury-Newcastle clash.

Farrell was placed on report for putting Waqa in a dangerous position but the incident appeared more bad luck than malicious as Waqa's legs were taken from under him.

The Souths centre, gagged by NRL rules from commenting on the tackle given the incident was placed on report, admitted to some concern for his opposite winger's plight.

-----------
Glad that he is ok. It looked incredibly bad. Farrell was genuinely concerned and if they out him it would be a poor decision as there was no intent that I could see.

My take on it is that he can attempt the tackle within the rules but like any other tackle if you put the opponent in a dangerous position then you get penalised for it. He should go for 3 weeks as the player landed on his head from a dangerous tackle. Simple as that

I didn't think he tackled him. He moved backwards to get into position and probably didn't know that Sisa had decided to play AFL. Whatever the outcome it means very little to me anyway Fluffy :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7