Souffs v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Souths or storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What did it for me was at one stage Inglis dropped the ball on his 5m line (in about the 45th min), Jarrod Maxwell runs in saying 'Souths Penalty...Souths Penalty' but he didn't even seem to know what it was for?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Wow that was a bad one there, no intent at all but the kid could have a lengthy stint on the sidelines for that one

He played the man so he has to take responsibility for the outcome of his action. Not intentional, but most definitely careless or reckless so he deserves to miss the rest of the year. If Richie gets 7 weeks for Inglis diving on his own head then this one is worth at least that.

What was the crowd? Looked pretty pathetic. Especially after all the crap we copped for not going the 36kms to the cowboys final..the souths supporters wouldnt go the 5kms

Dan said:
What was the crowd? Looked pretty pathetic. Especially after all the crap we copped for not going the 36kms to the cowboys final..the souths supporters wouldnt go the 5kms

I keep hearing government benefits aren't enough to live on but given the amount of souths supporters who made it there tonight, either they're getting free tickets with their payments or slinging drugs on the side in this economy is still paying ok.

Dan said:

No point forking out beer and smokes money on a fore gone conclusion game.

God said:
I keep hearing government benefits aren't enough to live on but given the amount of souths supporters who made it there tonight, either they're getting free tickets with their payments or slinging drugs on the side in this economy is still paying ok.

Cash Converters has been really busy the last few weeks

Souffs are dead set morals this year - seriously they can plenty of help at the right time in games.

We need to go back to giving the attacking team some benefit if there's doubt over a try. That first Storm try they disallowed was just like the one they took off Matai - clearly a try, now way on earth the ball didn't touch a blade of grass, but there's no decent camera angle on it and the ref has said "no try", so the video ref can't rule against it. But if Hayne had called it a try there's no way they could have overruled it.
The second one they disallowed was even funnier. Clearly, you're just not allowed to score tries against South Sydney. Any attempt to do so will result in a penalty against your side.

Killer03 said:
What did it for me was at one stage Inglis dropped the ball on his 5m line (in about the 45th min), Jarrod Maxwell runs in saying 'Souths Penalty...Souths Penalty' but he didn't even seem to know what it was for?

That was a deadset joke. He got a call from one of the others in pink. The call was " number 18 off side", I looked at the replay a few times and #18 (Whiddop) was a good couple of yards behind the kicker and he got there after Inglis spilt it - #10 & 14 were in front but didn't get in the play.
Now that is just more than incompetent.
Not to mention the no try to Slater.
Seriously, dodgy calls are gonna decide this comp.

Ah we'll - someone had to win it and I hate them both. Poor refereeing bordering on unbelievable in places.

Whatever

Credit for Souf's goalline defence. But that is all because the script is writ and no one else has a hope of winning this year. I have watched RL for 5 decades and their penalties left me scratching my head. Add in two disallowed tries that should have been awarded then it goes beyond conspiracy. I didn't care who won but Martina is entitled to blow up and cop a 100k fine paid by all of us.

We've been worried about a video ref howler costing a team a finals match, and we got it tonight with Melbourne's second disallowed try. The second decision was given as a try by the onfield ref. It was correct, but the video ref must have been a Souffs supporter to overrule it. Melb would have gone on to win that game had the correct decision been made.
So, fellow posters, are there still some of you in favour of the video ref?

That video no try for Slater's try was a ridiculous call - that was a try.

I can go with most of the other calls, but the Storm were ripped off with that one.

Thankfully, Souths mostly earnt the win through much of the rest of the game play.
And still, any Storm loss is a good loss.

Tough game in Mexico next weekend for the winner of Sharks v Cowboys tomorrow night.

Bunnies showed quite a bit of weakness, esp. in the 2nd-half, and you know that gives me some promise if our boys can put in for most of our matches.. Come on Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2