Souffs game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The result of the ruck interpretations is constant milking in the play the ball area. The Bulldogs tried this all night against the Broncos (their first try came from field position from one of these dubious penalties). Unfortunately referees will find it easier than ever before to influence a match because the subjective option to penalise a team exists in every play the ball.

Injuries are part of the sport. Blooding some young faces early in the year is what 2v needs to do. We ain't got that many injuries and we can't have the same team every game any way. Aren't you more excited to see what Blair, Hiku, JSL, Hasson, Satini, Lui, Starling have to offer. If King, Snake or Wolf come back to early you might as well as scratch em for the season.

mickqld said:
Irrelevant who we play. Refereeing will decide the game like it does with most nrl games. Its the reason why I dont watch other teams much. Too many games decided by whistle blowers.

I hate to say it, having been a fan of this game for more than 50 years but @mickqld is 100% spot on.

Only 2 or 3 years ago I found myself watching most games, now I'll watch Manly and maybe a little of a few others that are live, but after a while I get pissed off at a decision and say to myself SSDD and turn off and do something else.

And they wonder why crowds are falling!!

I can see it already. If we kick off Souffs will get a penalty in the first set of 6 and we will be back pedaling for ages. If we receive they will smash us with everything illegal and nothing will happen.

MWSE website says definitely no Brett and no King but Wolf is back.
Bit concerning that our leading prop is still unavailable two games in. Thought our forwards were ground down against the Storm, who look lightweight compared to the Burgess-infested Bunnies.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
Irrelevant who we play. Refereeing will decide the game like it does with most nrl games. Its the reason why I dont watch other teams much. Too many games decided by whistle blowers.

I hate to say it, having been a fan of this game for more than 50 years but @mickqld is 100% spot on.

Only 2 or 3 years ago I found myself watching most games, now I'll watch Manly and maybe a little of a few others that are live, but after a while I get pissed off at a decision and say to myself SSDD and turn off and do something else.

And they wonder why crowds are falling!!

Count me as part of this group. I watched the game last week, but I suspect I won't bother for a while, it's just too frustrating for me.

I was once a avid attendee at games and watched every game every week, but not any more. The NRL are producing a "product" not playing Rugby League. They desperately want every fan to think their team is a chance every week. If one team skips out to a big lead, the pinkies step in and even it up rather than allow the players to decide the outcome. If anyone here doesn't realise that's what happened last Saturday night, you're in Disneyland. Once the momentum had shifted we couldn't turn it around.

our forwards made just as many metres as the storm pack who had more ball. I thought they went well. I thought our backs were underdone and faded badly. Lost shape.. made errors and cost us the game.

Matai and Lyon barely had a preseason game.. the two wingers were poor and Buhrer had to play centre. I think they will get better with a few more games. Looked fresh and sharp in the first half with Brett firing. We will be more structured now that we can set up without Brett.

I'm hopeful that "Coach Geoff Toovey will name a strong side for this Friday's clash with [insert opponent here]"

It's what Ch Nein , Foxsports wants. Manufactured results to boost viewers and sell advertising. You think they threw all these dolars at rugby league just for the NRL to run the game. No f*****g way. Greenturd installed as their puppet to do their bidding. Independant commission what a laugh.
It's not just a game to watch and have fun with on the weekend anymore. It's a corporate "product" manipulated and designed to fleece money from the masses. It's making me sick these days. Football played by footballers is dead.

Shoe1 said:
I'm hopeful that "Coach Geoff Toovey will name a strong side for this Friday's clash with [insert opponent here]"
I know what we are going to do to Souths and Shoe has worded it very politely ;)

I am afraid to say it but it's Souths by plenty on Friday, just cannot see our forwards holding them and we seem bereft of attack without B Stewart (why I have no idea).

BUT what's the bet the "evening up" won't happen in the second half, for some magical reason what happens to everyone else will allude Manly.

Souths by 24 (or more)

Townsville Eagle said:
You are probably right Mark.

I sincerely hope I'm not (right).

Yes it's only one game (so far) and perhaps I'll need to reserve my judgement for a while, and absolutely not writing us off for 2014 after one game.

It may be like other seasons in the recent past, we only win 1 one 2 of our first six games but win the ones that count later in the year.

Remember we had never beat a top 4 side last year and still made it to a GF

I hope you are not right as well but all I am saying is that Souths have a big point to prove and will want to smash us into submission. Bring on the game and I hope we see the manly of last years semi.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I am afraid to say it but it's Souths by plenty on Friday, just cannot see our forwards holding them and we seem bereft of attack without B Stewart (why I have no idea).

BUT what's the bet the "evening up" won't happen in the second half, for some magical reason what happens to everyone else will allude Manly.

Souths by 24 (or more)
Sure not having Brett there does not help, but let's not forget that we played in three semi finals games without Brett for a narrow loss and two wins when we were severely wounded.
I saw a replay of the game, sure, Stewart getting injured didn't help, but what killed us were the penalties, 9 in a row did not help,the possession against us in the second half was 82%, no team can win with as little possession as that.

That's a good point Peter (and good to see you in Sydney mate), as Townsville Eagle suggests the Bunnies have a VERY VERY VERY big point to prove and we are (at this stage) seemingly a bit underdone, whereas they had a very big hard game last week with some of their big names on fire.

I expect us to be smashed through the middle and leak points at the edges of the Ruck, Inglis (if on song) could score another 3 or 4 this week.

If its embarrassing at half time, the Pinkies (despite this being Steggles Hayne) will do their best to even up so it may not be as embarrassing as a 40-0, my thoughts 36-12.

Man of the match Inglis (who scores 16 points)

Bloody hell I hope I am wrong but if I was in the tipping comp then that would be my pick

Mark good to see you as well, sometimes you never know, it is going to be hard and Souths have a point to prove,but we have some great players , and they have all been through the trenches together and know how to play that sort of football.
Pressure is all on Souths, they're expected to win to show they're premiership contenders.

Related article:

Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs preview

By Chris Kennedy, National Correspondent
NRL.com
1:30pm Wed 12th March, 2014

Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs
Bluetongue Stadium
Friday 7.40pm (AEDT)

Rugby league heads to the NSW Central Coast for the first time in 2014 with the ‘home’ side, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, still stinging from one of the most amazing upsets in recent memory.

Last week they conceded the biggest ever turnaround at Brookvale Oval – never before have Manly given up a lead as big as the 20-point start that got run down by the Storm last Saturday night.

Click here to read the full article at NRL.com

This is the resolve we need from the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles :angel:
Don't die wondering, Manly :exclamation:

Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd.

Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.