Sorry But Monaghan Isn't The Long Term Answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

well how old do you have to be to be too old for harrold mathews but young enough for SG ball.

your a teacher, you shouldnt expect everything to be spoonfed.

Agreed MB, develop don't buy. Why does nobody have any confidence in our ability to produce our own players ?

i dont think that is the case duff , i actually agree with you but management obviously cant see much in the ranks that could develop into a greating (thats one for the flufster) halfback in the next 5 yrs.good point you raise though i love my manly juniors

well how old do you have to be to be too old for harrold mathews but young enough for SG ball.

your a teacher, you shouldnt expect everything to be spoonfed.
I have no idea how old you have to be to play Matthews, Flegg, Ball or Mickey Mouse Cup, that's why I asked!!!!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

I think SG Ball is U18s these days and contains two age groups (ie: Matthews is U16) so he's a few years off yet. That's a big couple of years in the development of a kid to see whether he's tough enough and skilful enough.
It would be beautiful if Groom made the grade but we can't wait that long unless, of course, Witt or Monas surprise with their development.

Maybe if there is no one there at the moment we could buy a 19 or 20 year old or even an upcoming PL halfback who is behind say Gower or Kimmorley or whoever & wants to step out on his own. Remember that's how Kimmorley started off behind Johns.
At risk of sounding like a broken record, we shouldn't be after the big name, all you do is set yourself up to look stupid.

Thanks Bradza - I note that a couple of the very good Ball team are now playing Flegg, but that Groom has not moved up there yet!!

[quote author=KaZa]
[quote author=sue ridgepipe]
8 line drop outs for tigers.2 tries from his kicks.real poor.2 other try assists.30 points in second half.perhaps a small wager on us scoring 30 at liechardt-its normally just so easy there.

well yeah they had so much ball compared to Manly against the Roosters.

Its funny how Monas haters point out the error he made against the roosters but dont say anything about Orfords woeful errors in the game against poorer opposition.

Go back to the Tigers game when we played them.. and tell me how Monas played if you really want to compare them.

[/quote]

I don't think we are Monaghan haters.... we just think he lacks that bit of class. As for the Tigers game who really cares how he or Orford performs against lower opposition.... come semi final time those teams will be sinking piss on some Island whilst Monas lines up against Lockyer....oh noooo better book my flight.......

[/quote]

and Whats Orfords record in the finals? haha

At least let Monas have his chance before you bag him. This year would be his first fianals series as a half back. hes only had 60 games or so anyway. Unlike Orford who is at his peak Monas still has a way to go before he starts firing.

Monas is long term... Orford is short term.

Hes done very well so far.. lets not say hes a choker in the finals when he hasnt played in them yet... unlike Orford.

I like Witty and Monas.. their both young and passionate i think they can take us to the semi's... whether we can win it i dont think we have the backline to do so but you never know. Im not ruling it out.

GO MANLY

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8