• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
Should just be one change in 2011, Barrett out ???? in

Some of the mistakes tonight were simply lack of experience together

I am tipping Gasnier comes in for Scott.

What a stupid play by Ennis to get up throwing punches. The penalty was only gonna go one way!!! I have never been convinced by Ennis...MYTH!!!

Why didn't Choc get low and slide over the line?!

I agree with an earlier poster who thought that Beau Scott offered nothing. Play seemed to stop when he had the ball.

I remember when I suggested that Manly sign up Greg Bird years ago but was howled down on the main site...what's up with that? How good would Bird look in a Manly jersey?

Ennis, you dead-set goose. Why throw that crap with the opp 20 out.
If you wanted to throw them that bad you should've (someone should have!!) clocked that hairy,fat cat-Thaiday, that act should've instigated an all-in.
Bird is made for Origin, Lars was great.

Ennis, Bird and Pierce lost the game for NSW.  Ennis for that stupid punch, Bird for being a ball hog (he just will not pass) and Pierce for just not showing anything creative.  His kicking game was non-existent.  The NSW 'squad' was given all the help in the second half by Shayne Hayne, was camped on the Qld line for almost all the half, and won't win another game for at least two years.  The minute the Qlders got down NSW's end they scored.  Go figure.  At least King and Choc weren't hurt.  Hopefully Shillington will get on the grog for the next four days and do himself an injury.    

Ennis was lucky to be selected - I would have had Farah in there.

Thought Gidley was good off the bench - though he did nothing in the previous games.

The Ennis brain explosion was because he was belted first by Miles, who resented the high tackle - though he got the wrong person. It should have been a penalty to NSW for the first hit and then NSW win. Same as the poor charge down call in the first half on Barrett who was only trying to tackle Lockyer. QLD's ability to slow the game to their own pace and their experience won it in the end.

DSM5 link said:
Ennis, Bird and Pierce lost the game for NSW.  Ennis for that stupid punch, Bird for being a ball hog (he just will not pass) and Pierce for just not showing anything creative.  His kicking game was non-existent.  The NSW 'squad' was given all the help in the second half by Shayne Hayne, was camped on the Qld line for almost all the half, and won't win another game for at least two years.  The minute the Qlders got down NSW's end they scored.  Go figure.  At least King and Choc weren't hurt.  Hopefully Shillington will get on the grog for the next four days and do himself an injury.   

Lol, Bird lost them the game? Haha, you really have nfi.

Beau Scott has now challenged Wolfman and Steve Turner as the worst player to wear the Blue jersey in the last 10 years.

And Bellamy now has the honour of being the worst NSW coach in history.  3 series losses in a row including a whitewash.

So much for killer instinct...

Beau Scott was woeful. He will be lucky to keep his place at St George Illa let alone in NSW. Couldn't run out of sight in a blackout!

Just as an aside all the prematch talk re NSW being grubs etc is way off the mark - QLD are the same if not worse

Falou / Slater and their carry on re ball throwing at players.....

It is one thing to win it is another to win with class. Something, considering the experience QLD has had over the year, they are yet to display

Hayne was outstanding. Most of the NSW team were also excellent particularly Learoyd Lars - his best game -and even Gidley & Gallen were very good. King really stood up.
Lewis and Jennings couldn't get into the game in attack, and Scott's limitations in attack were exposed although he didn't play badly. Pierce did a couple of good things but did not exactly nail down down his spot.

NSW did very well to come back from a nervous start and get in position to win. The key moments in the game were Morris dropping the ball, Slater holding up Choc (amazing), and Ennis's penalty. Qld definitely deserved to win, they were good enough to take their chances.

The Blues actually had me cheering them on (for possibly the first time ever). The Blues next year will go out with a fair amount of belief and some momentum after a pretty gutsy display.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Hayne was outstanding. Most of the NSW team were also excellent particularly Learoyd Lars - his best game -and even Gidley & Gallen were very good. King really stood up.
Lewis and Jennings couldn't get into the game in attack, and Scott's limitations in attack were exposed although he didn't play badly. Pierce did a couple of good things but did not exactly nail down down his spot.

NSW did very well to come back from a nervous start and get in position to win. The key moments in the game were Morris dropping the ball, Slater holding up Choc (amazing), and Ennis's penalty. Qld definitely deserved to win, they were good enough to take their chances.

The Blues actually had me cheering them on (for possibly the first time ever). The Blues next year will go out with a fair amount of belief and some momentum after a pretty gutsy display.

Nice accurate wrap up.

For qld i thought matt scott had a blinder as well. I didnt rate this guy much but he has had a great series and kind of shows that it takes a few games to fit into origin, but once you do, you lift. nate myles is in this category as well.His first 2 games were unbelievable

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183893.msg272262#msg272262 date=1278504603]
Should just be one change in 2011, Barrett out ???? in

Some of the mistakes tonight were simply lack of experience together

I am tipping Gasnier comes in for Scott.
[/quote]

Lyon should be there too - maybe in the 6 for Barrett.  Glad to see they finally picked close to a decent bunch of forwards.  Take Lockyer and 70c/L out of the Morons side next year and it might be a contest. 

The Gronk link said:
Lyon should be there too - maybe in the 6 for Barrett.

Good idea.

The Gronk link said:
Take Lockyer and 70c/L out of the Morons side next year and it might be a contest. 

and Falou

Yeah, I thought that the Bird was ordinary call was rather quite odd...

Volley link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183893.msg272272#msg272272 date=1278505567]
Ennis, Bird and Pierce lost the game for NSW.  Ennis for that stupid punch, Bird for being a ball hog (he just will not pass) and Pierce for just not showing anything creative.  His kicking game was non-existent.  The NSW 'squad' was given all the help in the second half by Shayne Hayne, was camped on the Qld line for almost all the half, and won't win another game for at least two years.  The minute the Qlders got down NSW's end they scored.  Go figure.  At least King and Choc weren't hurt.  Hopefully Shillington will get on the grog for the next four days and do himself an injury.   

Lol, Bird lost them the game? Haha, you really have nfi.
[/quote]

When you consider that this Qld side is rated as the best ever and the NSW side rated as far from our best ever, but only lose 2 games in a three game series by less than 6 points it gives you a little hope for the future.

We gave the Toads 12 points start, Morris & Choc bombed tries as well as the dopey Ennis penalty so the signs are good.

It was funny to hear Gus questioning why Bird was hitting it up off a tap saying it was not his job, but at that stage there were no front rowers on the field for us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6