SOO II Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The selectors picked 3  locks in the nsw side. G stewart, gallen, o'donnell. We need 1 lock and that needs to be Stewart, gallen and o'donell need to be replaced with one prop and a secondrower maybe tom learoy larhs

My team
Gidley only because they won't move him
Brett Morris from the dogs,tall,scored heaps of tries.
Lyon
Jennings
Hayne
Barrett
Mullen because they won't pick ox or kimmorley
G stewart
Tom Learoyd Larhs
Ben Creagh
Weyman
Ennis
Poore

Bench
Choc
Laffranchi
Wing
Luke Douglas/luke Bailey

Kite, wolfy, Farah, Gallen, Odonnell gone

Worst NSW team ever.

Glad to see everyone has caught up with my with putting Ennis in.

My changes would be

- Wallace out -> Kimmorely in
- Farrah out - Ennis in
- Gidley out (he offered nothing in hooker or fullback) Hayne to Fullback
- If Barrett is available I would probably pick him, or consider Soward
- Gallen Dropped -> Gifty to start in Lock, but would also consider Tongue
- Kite Dropped (no idea who to replace him with)
- Bring in another prop
- Wolfman can stay, I think he ran too hard not realising how hard they hit in Origin. Though I would think about dropping him and bringing in Morris

Our halves did absolutely nothing, I mean nothing, they were lost, though Barrett did actually try, he was much better than Wallace

It was left to players like Lyon and Hayne to do everything.

Hayne was just awesome, he is about the only player for another team that I really enjoy watching, I rate him highly and he should be the first picked and be allowed to play in fullback because he is about 10 times the fullback that Gidley is.

Watmough had an awesome game in defense and didnt drop a ball. It would have been nice to see the halves give him some ball just wide of the ruck and on the run.

For mine the selectors and coach need to go and we need a proper captain.

Again, the same as last game we were headless chooks and completely lacked a leader

I went to the game last night and I can tell you watching it live that NSW were woeful. As much as I hate Queensland, you've got to give it to them for winning that game considering the circumstances. They had a lot of players that were visibly flat and sapped of energy from the get go. That stomach bug really had an effect on them, you could see it by the amount of players walking and getting water from the trainer at every stoppage. Hardly mattered in the end though, they could have all had one leg last night and won, NSW were that inept.

You wouldn't see 4 softer tries in Origin ever, let alone in one match. Smith's one at the end you can forgive a little because O'Donnell was trying to stay in the field of play, but the other 3....FMD. They didn't show many replays of Inglis's try at the ground so couldn't really pick up who he ran between, but whoever it was should hang their heads in shame. Folau must have slipped Poore and Farah $50 before the game, because their cuddle on him was embarrassing. Lockyer was just gifted a try my grandmother could have scored.

Wolfman had a shocker and will be dropped, and probably deservedly so. You've got to hang onto the ball at this level, plain and simple. He compounded these mistakes by throwing a wild speculator in field instead of kicking ahead, and then kicking ahead on an early tackle.....effectively blunting two good attacking chances. The crowd were giving it to him where I was sitting.

Walllace has got to go. He has had two chances now to prove he has something to offer and has come up with nothing both times. His kicking game was woeful again last night. Get rid of him. Mullen is probably the obvious replacement, but I wouldn't be against giving Soward a go, but he is probably better suited to 5/8. Kite was ieffectual last night and may as well not have been there, he is offering nothing for us, or the Blues at the moment. The only worthwhile thing Barrett did was break Inglis's jaw (which will teach the traitorous bastard), I was getting severe deja vu last night because every time we had the ball he'd come to our left and hit his old buddy Creagh. Queensland sweated on it and snuffed it.

Choc surprised me, I thought he would produce his normal mixed bag of a game, you know dropping a couple of pills, jumper grabbing in defence, giving away penalties........but he was very good and NSW looked most likely when he was on. He defended well and looked like the only NSW forward likely to bust the line. Good effort and will get a run game 3 no worries. Hayne was the only other Blue who you could say had a positive impact, as he did in game 1. My only concern with him was that he went wandering in defence a couple of times and him and Monaghan didn't seem to have the best understanding.

The rest of them were mediocre and should hang their heads in shame for producing a game of football that bad, and for being so farkin soft that they couldn't beat a visibly flat and injury depleted opposition. Embarrassing is the only word for it.

Bellamy has got to go after this series. Let's get someone who has tactics and can get the best out of the players. Bellamy isn't that person.

Dan link said:
we need a proper captain.

Again, the same as last game we were headless chooks and completely lacked a leader

Exactly right there Dan.  We lacked direction and needed someone to step up and take leadership.  But who's it going to be?  There also didn't seem like they had much of a game plan.  Maybe they just forgot it in the heat of the battle.  In the second half NSW should have played an up tempo game.  They handed it to QLD by doing just as QLD did with slow play the balls and slow play in general.

If NSW had settled down at the beginning of the match they could have been right in the match.  And they could have won it with more effort in the second.  I think the turning point was with about 15 min to go when Price charged that kick down when NSW were attacking in QLD's territory.  The next set and QLD marched up 50 and from then QLD found another gear and stepped up to hold NSW out.

Hayne had an amazing first half and good second.  I remember one return he did from a kick in the second half where he caught the ball on the full and steamed up the field like Slater often does.  I didn't see Gidley do this once in game 1 or 2.  Gidley needs to get the chop but I highly doubt they will do it.

Although the Wolfman did do some stupid things, I think he did enough to show that he has a future in Origin.  I think he was too hyped up at the beginning, needed to take a deep breath, settle down and not run the ball up so hard.

Barrett also had a solid game.  He's tough and I think is well suited to Origin although his hit on Inglis was a cheap shot.

Gidley backs away from the ball in fullback and hayne comes forward to it. It is the difference between making 10 and 20 metres

The Inglis thing was a cheap shot that said though - Inglis had the time to at least try to get up, and if you’re going to lay on the ground with the ball and you haven't been tackled you deserve to get hit hard.  Unfortunately for Inglis he was on the ground and made himself a smaller target and in doing so increased the chances of himself getting hurt. I don’t think theres to much in it TB deservers a week at most.

Origin is about cheap shots, who cares it happens

missing_something link said:
The Inglis thing was a cheap shot that said though - Inglis had the time to at least try to get up, and if you’re going to lay on the ground with the ball and you haven't been tackled you deserve to get hit hard.  Unfortunately for Inglis he was on the ground and made himself a smaller target and in doing so increased the chances of himself getting hurt. I don’t think theres to much in it TB deservers a week at most.
I still say i saw barret hit the shoulder first and then it bounced up.

Yeah it skimmed off the shoulder but it was still a fair hit.

How good was that punch that landed on Crockers chin?

No place for a cheap-shot merchant like Barrett.  Sticky teaches that kind of stuff down at the Shire and that's where it should be left.  All Barrett had to do is hold the guy.  He wasn't going anywhere.  It was an old fashioned swinging arm and I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a couple of weeks. I'd be ropable if that happenned to any of ours.  Anyway, I agree with all the summations, except that NSW also had the assistance of the ref and the video refs, and still couldn't do it.  Hopeless. 

Barrett accepted a 2 week ban. He will be back for Origin 3.

Pity.  The guy doesn't know how to win the big games.  I read on the site somewhere that he went to the same school as Anasta and they both truanted the class on 'how to win a footie game'. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6