• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win SOO 2

• New South Wales

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am surprised that on the day of SOO 2 there isn't a thread regarding this game, so am starting one!!.

By the way (as always) interesting being in Queensland and wearing a Blue jumper this week, you get some funny looks and a number of rude gestures but I give as much back as I get!!

All I hope for tonight is that our three players come through uninjured, a NSW win would be a bonus but gee this once in a generation QLD team will be hard to beat.

But (and this is just my humble opinion) it is starting to seem like the NSW side they have picked does have the goods...maybe not yet but they are bloody close, so if they lose this game (and the series) they can't be far away from breaking the drought.

From tonights 17 it would only be Ben Creagh I would replace, for the life of me I can't understand why he gets the gig when his club form has been pretty poor, but I am only an armchair expert so I guess we'll wait and see!

Regardless I'll be cheering the Blues from afar tonight, and hoping I'll be able to wear that Blue jumper with pride on the train to work tomorrow!!

I am cheering for NSW but think we will get blown out of the water.

QLD 12+, they wont play as bad as they did last time.

I can't see Robbie F having two good games in a row and in a wet game this really worries me. Choc should have a big impact I factor will be our 2nd row that get us home against the qld'ers. Nsw by 11

I think the greater worry for NSW is Morris up against Inglis. Morris left Uate stranded, not that I rate Uate as a defender, in game one. Morris is nothing special, and the Qld backs are.

Morris on Inglis worries me also , not to harp on team selection I may of gone with Chris Lawrence to try match up on him purely to try contain him as I see lawrence as alot better defender and a bigger body etc his form probably doesnt warrant selection though. So il back Morris and hope he can do a good job.

Anyway I really hope we can get the job done and I rekon we can. Im hearing people say wet weather can suit QLD more with their big men but my thinking is this, if you saw after 20 mins in game 1 their big men were sturggling big time , out of puff. If we can somehow get the upper hand early like we did, make them do more work i think the wet track will only tire them out more especially with our backrowers footwork and pace etc around the ruck. I hope so anyway lol NSW by 10

We ALL live in hope Haz!!

At this stage I think the NSW forwards are equal or better (maybe different is the word) to the Queensland forwards, and I think they will hold their own pretty well regardless of the conditions.

But you can't escape the fact that the Queensland backs have some of the best players in the game playing in those positions.

Cronk
Thurston
Inglis
Slater

And then we have Hodges / Tate and Boyd who perhaps are not superstars but more than do the job.

If NSW are to win they will need to dominate big time up front, it's about the only way they can beat them I feel!!

Mark from Brisbane said:

At this stage I think the NSW forwards are equal or better (maybe different is the word) to the Quuensland forwards, and I think they will hold their own pretty well regardless of the conditions.

But you can't escape the fact that the Queensland backs have some of the best players in the game playing in those positions.

Cronk
Thurston
Inglis
Slater

And then we have Hodges / Tate and Boyd who perhaps are not superstars but more than do the job.

If NSW are to win they will need to dominate big time up front, it's about the only way they can beat them I feel!!

Haha so true.

Yeah your right , if we can get the game going nice and fast up the middle and roll them over , we tire their big boys out and also the more time QLD are on the backfoot the more it keeps the players you mentioned out of the game longer.. in a perfect world that is! lol

Haz88 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

At this stage I think the NSW forwards are equal or better (maybe different is the word) to the Quuensland forwards, and I think they will hold their own pretty well regardless of the conditions.

Cronk
Thurston
Inglis
Slater

Haha so true.

Yeah your right , if we can get the game going nice and fast up the middle and roll them over , we tire their big boys out and also the more time QLD are on the backfoot the more it keeps the players you mentioned out of the game longer.. in a perfect world that is! lol

A 40-0 scoreline in 2008 proves that if the forwards are going forward even a side stacked with superstars is no match.....for me we have to dominate and win a majority of the possesion to be any chance...if we don't (and if Queensland get out of second gear and into fifth) then god help us....and he'll be the only one that can!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Haz88 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Cronk
Thurston
Inglis
Slater

Haha so true.

A 40-0 scoreline in 2008 proves that if the forwards are going forward even a side stacked with superstars is no match.....for me we have to dominate and win a majority of the possesion to be any chance...if we don't (and if Queensland get out of second gear and into fifth) then god help us....and he'll be the only one that can!!

Good point. They wont be able to work their magic if they are on the backfoot we just have to get them there and then keep them there for as long as possible!! Easier said than done, but the signs were there last game that we could get on top.

Shaping up to be a cracking game tonight

This game will be a disaster. NSW will get flogged and Choc's injury will be turned into a long long period on the sidelines.

Gee I hate SOO.

Watching game 2 1991 now in preparation. One of my favourite games of origin. Great gutsy win for nsw they really fought hard back then

Not confident of a Blues win. I felt Queensland played at about 80% in Game 1 and have plenty of improvement in them. Remember it was only their first game without Lockyer holding the reins, so they are still working on combinations. Their backs are a class above ours and have played together that often they are like a club side. I think we can match them in the forwards early, Thaiday is a big loss for them.

A wet track may bring us into the contest as it will negate the classier Queensland backline. However our success rests in Carney's hands, if he fires and creates some chances we might surprise. If he goes missing like he did Game 1 then Queensland have the skill and experience to get home.

Chip and Chase said:
Not confident of a Blues win. I felt Queensland played at about 80% in Game 1 and have plenty of improvement in them. Remember it was only their first game without Lockyer holding the reins, so they are still working on combinations. Their backs are a class above ours and have played together that often they are like a club side. I think we can match them in the forwards early, Thaiday is a big loss for them.

A wet track may bring us into the contest as it will negate the classier Queensland backline. However our success rests in Carney's hands, if he fires and creates some chances we might surprise. If he goes missing like he did Game 1 then Queensland have the skill and experience to get home.

A very concise precis C & C, I thnk you have nailed it 100%....if we take this straight to the backs they'll slaughter us, if we can dominate through the forwards we have a great chance.

My score for tonight is NSW 20-Queensland 12, an 8 point margin...hope I am right

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Clint said:
I think if it is wet it suits us more than Qld.
How wet is it down there?

I work at Rhodes about 2 minutes from the ground and as we speak it is peeing down. Has been plenty of wet weather over this way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6