Songs that remind me of our premierships

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
OK so I've got nothing to do this year because we are out but become nostalgic and reflective.
With every one of our 8 premierships there's always a song, or two, that reminds me of each one. No rhyme or reason to them, no particular genre, in fact sometimes I don't particularly like them they just remind me.
These are they:
72- Crocodile rock, Most people I know (Billy Thorpe)
73- seasons in the sun.
76- Afternoon delight ( no idea why ), more than a feeling ( Boston )
78- Fabulous dancer ( wha koo )
87- Learning to fly (Pink Floyd )
96- Come down ( Bush )
08- Not my time ( 3 doors down ), Sex on fire ( Kings of Leon )
11- Arlandria ( Foo Fighters ) Make it stop ( Rise against )
Anyone else got any?

For the 2011 GF I always think of the song 'Grand Final Day' it's by an aussie group called the Yatla Batla. Not sure if they are actually recording artists or not. But Voss played this on the Sunday Roast the morning of the 2011 GF and I thought it was a great tune and it always makes me think of that great day.

2008 - Black Eyed Peas 'I Gotta Feeling' and 'Boom Boom Pow' (I think because the cheerleaders danced to them at a bunch of home games that year)

My mum rang the radio station and requested The Eagles 'Take It To The Limit' the day of the '76 grand final. Before I was born, but that song always reminds me of Manly premierships!

1976 - Fooled Around and Fell in Love, Elvin Bishop (he wasn't the singer, that was a mystery for many years)*. Although the song may have charted here after the GF.

Also Noosha Fox's various hits that year - Single Bed, Imagine Me Imagine You
and Only You Can
Eric Clapton - Hello Old Friend.
Wings - Let 'em In and Silly Love Songs.
Bob Seger - Night Moves.
1978 - too many to name but here goes:
The Babies - Isn't it Time?
Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes
Scott Fitzgerald & Yvonne Keeley -If I had Words...(based on an old Saint-Saens piece)
Uriah Heep - Free Me
Supercharge - I think I'm Gonna Fall in Love
Yellow Dog - Just one more Night
Todd Rundgren - Can we Still be Friends (at the top of the charts around GF time)
Jeff Wayne - War of the Worlds
Graham Bonnet - Warm Ride

*It was a backing singer called Mickey Thomas.

Last edited:
Absolute gold Tezza.
I think baby blue by Graham bonnet came out then too.
Reminds me wagging school.

That was late the year before - the old Bob Dylan number. GB is still recording and performing.

Did a bit of wagging back then too.;)

What about Dragon's O Zambezi album? Big around 1978 finals time. Are you old enough...

I remember he done his crumpet over something or other when he came out here in the 80s I think to play with the party boys and went home.

Anyone who sat in the Sheridan stand through 78 playoff series would remember the sea eagle chant to the tune of........
'We shall not be moved"

Just like the tree that standing by the manly wharf- we shall not be moved

Peanuts- hot dogs - ive creams echoes out as Stephen knight smashes his fist into mark harris's nose and wombat pots another one over

Back on subject I think the Angels were just starting to cause damage with face to face

Peanuts- hot dogs - ice creams

What no cashews

Absolute gold Tezza.
I think baby blue by Graham bonnet came out then too.
Reminds me wagging school.

My parents used to drive in fender benders and demolition derbies in the 70s, Mum's little Fiat Bambino was called 'Baby Blue'. Dad had a Valiant with 'Count Dragula' painted up the sides. Of course!

My parents used to drive in fender benders and demolition derbies in the 70s, Mum's little Fiat Bambino was called 'Baby Blue'. Dad had a Valiant with 'Count Dragula' painted up the sides. Of course!
Did they race at Granville? Would have seen them if they did. Dad used to take us out there.
In fact one night footy players were in one. I certainly remember Tom raudonikis in a car because I think he won it. Wouldn't happen today.

Did they race at Granville? Would have seen them if they did. Dad used to take us out there.
In fact one night footy players were in one. I certainly remember Tom raudonikis in a car because I think he won it. Wouldn't happen today.

Yeah, they went to speedways all over the place, but Parramatta Speedway was their 'home ground'. One of mum's other cars was called 'Lady Bump' I think - she had a thing for smashing up poor little Fiats lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4