Something that frustrates me.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
madlyn said:
MANLY4LIFE said:
Rename thread - time for the bandwagon supporters to come out of the woodwork lol

It is very frustrating trying to support a club when the draw is so unfair My husband & I bought 3 game memberships + membership for a grandson + a future generation ( that by the way was free as a baby then $5 the next year then junior membership this year (she is only 2 yrs) We could not go to any games due to work commitments & our membership was not valid at bluetongue We live on the coast so we were pretty p***ed off We try to support the club the best we can & not "getting on he bandwagon" but sometimes people just can't get to all the games but if possible would love to support the team in the big one Maybe a rant but we all have an opinion

Oops, I didn't want to start the 'true supporter' argument again! ;)

But it's not situations like yours that I meant; more so, those who don't go to any games normally, can't even be bothered to watch on tv half the time, struggle to name a player or two, but suddenly because it's grand final week and they have cash to splash around are the biggest fanatics going - we all saw it with Souths, and every club has them, including us.

Each to their own, but it is disappointing when people who actually do follow the team and want to go to the game can't get tickets, or can't get into the Leagues Club or whatever.

And don't get me started on the type who change teams every few years depending on who's winning! :p

For the record, my membership next year will probably be non-ticketed, but hey, I'll still get one - I want my 10 year membership badge lol

The draw stopped a lot of us getting to as many games as we would've liked this year, surely we can't be that *unlucky* again (yeah right!)...but if you can go to the GF, enjoy!

ManlyMagic said:
Hi everyone this is my first post so if I stuff up please don't be too critical.
With regard to membership I feel that the draw is designed for the television stations, so many Monday night games and Friday night games.For you single guys that's probably ok but for me with two young mad supporters like their old man it is just impossible to make these time slots. .I wish they could bring back the 3pm Saturday and Sunday games but that is not goings to happen.Finally when we do get a lovely Sunday afternoon game against a quality side if seems to be moved to Central Coast.
Anyway go manly

Hi and welcome aboard!

Don't let fear hold you back, despite bing a ticketed member I got to only a handful of games this year for same reasons as you - jump in and become a member, irrespective of games attended you will be giving something back to a team that has given so much!

ManlyMagic said:
Hi everyone this is my first post so if I stuff up please don't be too critical.
With regard to membership I feel that the draw is designed for the television stations, so many Monday night games and Friday night games.For you single guys that's probably ok but for me with two young mad supporters like their old man it is just impossible to make these time slots. .I wish they could bring back the 3pm Saturday and Sunday games but that is not goings to happen.Finally when we do get a lovely Sunday afternoon game against a quality side if seems to be moved to Central Coast.
Anyway go manly
Pretty fair comments mate.

I find it pretty wrong Newcastle requested for more Sunday games and got them. When manly have been doing that for ages and get ignored

CAMBO said:
Next Sunday there will probably be 20-30000 manly fans at ANZ just like there was in 2011 and just like there was even more in 2008.

Why won't this people commit to our clubs future and become members.

If they are going to enjoy the good times ensure we have a club long term and support our club.

Rant over

Not all fans live in Manly ?

Las Vegas Blvd said:
CAMBO said:
Next Sunday there will probably be 20-30000 manly fans at ANZ just like there was in 2011 and just like there was even more in 2008.

If they are going to enjoy the good times ensure we have a club long term and support our club.

Rant over

I'm aware of that champ. I live in redcliffe there's heaps of options to choose from. Country wings suits me other out of towners my just choose the supporters membership.

The point of membership is to help the club. A side effect is that you get a good deal for whatever number of games you were going to attend, plus some other benefits besides.

I was vocally critical of the membership idea several years ago, mainly in that it didn't come with any right to have a say in the club. But we can still have a say via the Football Club, for a few $ extra.

In some ways I consider my membership to be a donation. In various seasons I've had the dearest and the cheapest membership options . And though I don't live in Sydney I have more than got my money's worth each time. I'm pretty pleased Manly still exists and am happy to do a little myself to keep it going.

I was going to post that for those that can't get to games...do what I do and get a supporters membership. Then I checked and supporters m'ship is $80 and the 3 game white wings m'ship is $70!

lol, I thought the supporters one would be the cheapest as there's no tickets to games.

Anyway...now to type something that for the first time may be considered rude and unfair from me.

If Manly's efforts of 4 grand finals in 7 years by a team that plays tough, uncompromising, fair, never say die style of footy that you can actually be proud of doesn't get those fence sitters off said fence to join us....

Then stay away, I don't want you to be a member of this club. It's a privilege so screw you guys! I'd rather a lower, more passionate group of supporters. Just stay away spinless jellyfish. Don't whine to me about the cost. $70 with an easy pay system! Can't afford it, please. Naff off.

This is an amazing club going through a golden era. Not enough? Stay away then.

It's lucky for you guys that hard working people like Larissa and the rest of the Manly membership team work year in and year out begging you guys to join as I wouldn't bother.

I don't want to see your excuses, just your "I'm a member badge" or your butt hitting the fan door on the way out.

"Go Manly!"

Las Vegas Blvd said:
CAMBO said:

Rant over

We live in Shellharbour (south of Wollongong) - which is why the draw stuffed up our ability to get to games this year - it's at least a 4 hour round trip and just not workable on a weekday (for weekend games we usually just make a day of it, have breakfast on the road and lunch in Manly or at the Leagues Club or whatever).

That said, I'll probably be back in the army next year and will go for one of the Country Wings or similar options. My two nieces (4 and 5 years old) got to a grand total of one game this year, and their baby brother missed out because he was sick on that particular Sunday; even so, their $30 memberships were worth it a) to support the club and b) for the kick the kids got out of getting their hats, stickers, keyrings etc in the mail. Also pretty cool that the 17 month old got his 2-year loyalty pin this year :cool:

The club has a pretty good selection of options if you don't live in the area or can't get to (many or any) games for various reasons, and they're not unreasonably priced.

I view my membership (golden wings and football club) a donation to our team as it very hard for me to get to games. The "easy eagle" payment scheme is a great way of painlessly paying for whatever membership you want or can afford!!

GO MANLY!!!!

A lot of people are Manly members but we don’t live in Sydney, which is why you don’t see us at the club games, so we can save money to get the GF. My son and I are country supports and like other members I see it as a donation and a chance to show our support to the great club plus you get a cool hat each year.

P.S We brought our tickets when they came out ages ago and we will be there cheering Manly on for another GF win.

Lansim said:
A lot of people are Manly members but we don’t live in Sydney, which is why you don’t see us at the club games, so we can save money to get the GF. My son and I are country supports and like other members I see it as a donation and a chance to show our support to the great club plus you get a cool hat each year.

P.S We brought our tickets when they came out ages ago and we will be there cheering Manly on for another GF win.

Oooh, lucky you didn't jinx us by buying tickets early :p ...I've been hassling the Souffs supporters at work all morning that the loss was their fault for buying grand final tickets in July haha

madlyn said:
MANLY4LIFE said:
Rename thread - time for the bandwagon supporters to come out of the woodwork lol

It is very frustrating trying to support a club when the draw is so unfair My husband & I bought 3 game memberships + membership for a grandson + a future generation ( that by the way was free as a baby then $5 the next year then junior membership this year (she is only 2 yrs) We could not go to any games due to work commitments & our membership was not valid at bluetongue We live on the coast so we were pretty p***ed off We try to support the club the best we can & not "getting on he bandwagon" but sometimes people just can't get to all the games but if possible would love to support the team in the big one Maybe a rant but we all have an opinion

Hi madlyn , I'm more implying the part time supporters that can't even name 5 players in the team and go from not mentioning manly all year to suddenly being their biggest fan ! or when times are tough they go missing all together and don't go to a single game all season but once success rolls around again they turn up wanting to go to the grandfinal "suddenly".

I understand and respect your position but I wasn't targeting your specific situation cheers

judging by replies there are about 1/3 of members outside of Sydney and 2/3 in or about 7K but out all of those 30K plus that go to the grand final there are still only the same 7K in Sydney that go, all the others are out of towners.

I don't buy that, has to be 10K plus in Sydney that are just lazy bandwagoners.

Not a member nor a band wagoner. I do plan on membership as a donation to the club as I can't get to games. Was supposed to begin this year but is looking like next year for me.
There are many circumstances that may be behind why individuals or families are or are not club members. We don't need to judge each other.
My Dad is a lifelong Manly fan who has never been a club member. Due to him we currently have 3 generations of Sea Eagle nuts.
He has got to the point in old age where he no longer watches live matches anymore as he feels he'll have another heart attack. I don't doubt his commitment. Go Manly!

I have the whole family signed up this year. (5 of us all up)

Due to work i only get the 3 game membership. My boys play league, and do not need the membership, but i do my part.

I can afford it thanks to the direct debit option.

Not sure if many now about that option, so thought i should get it out there.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Souffs got 29,000 ?

* Less pet members
* Less Crowes friends in Australia
* Less centrelink sponsored billboards
* Less Crowes friends in the USA
* Less the mathematical equation of the number of dentists in Sydney x the net profit percentage of medibank privates dental program x the number of clientele of the off the streets program
* Less their mascot who has already jumped ship to support Manly
* Less Crowes friends in Ibiza

niccipops said:
There are many circumstances that may be behind why individuals or families are or are not club members. We don't need to judge each other.

You hit the nail on the head there. You can't judge someone till you have walked a mile in their shoes. Im sure there are people out there that can afford to be a member but are too lazy to do so and only make an effort when we make the GF but the majority of people have genuine reasons for not being a member.

Not a member nor a bandwagon supporter either, however am definitely getting membership next season, even if I can't get to games at Brooky that often (all these Monday night games were a massive roadblock this season considering uni & work)

I get fustrated by bandwagon supporters of other teams, been very noticeable the past few days with mates saying how much of a Roosters fan they all are... one believed Brett Morris played on the fkn wing.

niccipops said:
Not a member nor a band wagoner. I do plan on membership as a donation to the club as I can't get to games. Was supposed to begin this year but is looking like next year for me.
My Dad is a lifelong Manly fan who has never been a club member. Due to him we currently have 3 generations of Sea Eagle nuts.
He has got to the point in old age where he no longer watches live matches anymore as he feels he'll have another heart attack. I don't doubt his commitment. Go Manly!
Hey Nicci
It's not about judging it's about encouraging people to join.
We are the luckiest fanbase in the league. Our club not only rose from the ashes of extinction we are now the benchmark. It's about making sure we can financially support our club at any level we can afford to keep our club strong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6