Something that frustrates me.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
Next Sunday there will probably be 20-30000 manly fans at ANZ just like there was in 2011 and just like there was even more in 2008.

Why won't this people commit to our clubs future and become members.

If they are going to enjoy the good times ensure we have a club long term and support our club.

Rant over

It's a gradual process of educating people about the reasons to be a member. It won't happen overnight, but the more successful the team is, the more new fans we'll attract.

I agree Cambo, education is the key. I remember the club running promos about being an Eagle scout and wonder how that went??? We all need to make 2014 the Sign a mate up season.
#MatesDontLetMatesFollowParra

What frustrates me is the stupid printer at work always prints double-sided, which doesn't suit my needs, then I have to copy everything again.

I see your point Cambo but there are many reasons people don't become member's. For example i have work hours and conditions that don't really allow me to go to any games during the year, in 2011 i got a 6 match membership as i was able to get to a few of the games that year, this year i had no chance to get to games. I will be getting a 3 game membership in 2014 to support the club but i have a fair disposable income atm. There are many people that simply cant afford luxury's like Footy club memberships.

What frustrates me is threads with cryptic headings like "Something that frustrates me"' so you have to read the thread to know what the hell it is about and then before you know it you are replying to it and altough you would like to contribute to the discussion on the actual topic as it is an interesting point your reply is about what frustrates you because that is the thread title and then to top it off you realise you have no full stops and not even a comma in your post so a visit from the punctuation police is surely imminent...

torana355 said:
I see your point Cambo but there are many reasons people don't become member's. For example i have work hours and conditions that don't really allow me to go to any games during the year, in 2011 i got a 6 match membership as i was able to get to a few of the games that year, this year i had no chance to get to games. I will be getting a 3 game membership in 2014 to support the club but i have a fair disposable income atm. There are many people that simply cant afford luxury's like Footy club memberships.

True, but then if you can't afford membership, how do you afford GF tickets?! I only got a three game membership this year, because of the awful draw mainly (knew I couldn't get to Thursday, Friday or Monday games), but also because it's been a bit of a lean year for us. Even so, I got a three-gamer for myself and my mum on the Easy Eagle option, plus renewed the 3 nieces and nephews' next gen passes...

But no way known we can afford to go to the GF!

What I'm unsure about is how many Roosters fans will be there. There supporter numbers at games seem to be consistent like ours with no major increase except for later in the finals series like last night.

yokahontas said:
torana355 said:

True, but then if you can't afford membership, how do you afford GF tickets?!

Sure if your team got into the GF every year that would be correct but if you only go to say 2 GF's in 10 years it would be cheaper then getting a membership each year. It would be even cheaper for Souths fans lol

MadMarcus said:
What frustrates me is threads with cryptic headings like "Something that frustrates me"' so you have to read the thread to know what the hell it is about and then before you know it you are replying to it and altough you would like to contribute to the discussion on the actual topic as it is an interesting point your reply is about what frustrates you because that is the thread title and then to top it off you realise you have no full stops and not even a comma in your post so a visit from the punctuation police is surely imminent...

You really are mad Marcus :)

torana355 said:
yokahontas said:
torana355 said:

Sure if your team got into the GF every year that would be correct but if you only go to say 2 GF's in 10 years it would be cheaper then getting a membership each year. It would be even cheaper for Souths fans lol

Haha, very true! I meant just one year though - and with the option to pay off your membership at what, $5 a month? I can find that cash more readily than $80 in one go, especially when it's at the wrong time in the pay cycle ;) (damn you monthly pay!)

I don't like bandwagon jumpers in general, even when they wear our colours ;-p

CAMBO said:
Next Sunday there will prolly be 20-30000 manly fans at ANZ just like there was in 2011 and just like there was even more in 2008.

Why won't this people commit to our clubs future and become members.

If they are going to enjoy the good times ensure we have a club long term and support our club.

Rant over

Agree, was just doing calcs on GA membership v silver tix for GF, then I saw your post, point proven.

yokahontas said:
torana355 said:
yokahontas said:
torana355 said:

Haha, very true! I meant just one year though - and with the option to pay off your membership at what, $5 a month? I can find that cash more readily than $80 in one go, especially when it's at the wrong time in the pay cycle ;) (damn you monthly pay!)

I don't like bandwagon jumpers in general, even when they wear our colours ;-p

Yeah i agree, i feel guilty for not getting a membership this year but i will be getting a 3 game membership for 2014.

MANLY4LIFE said:
Rename thread - time for the bandwagon supporters to come out of the woodwork lol

Still - we welcome members to the bandwagon, so long as they don't prevent access to the leagues club or the after party

So many people are not True Supporters.

In 2008 there were about 70 000 Manly supporters there - not 30 k. Will be interesting to see if there are more chook fans than us. Newcastle fans severely outnumbered them by the look of it. Will they travel from the Eastern Suburbs? :)

MANLY4LIFE said:
Rename thread - time for the bandwagon supporters to come out of the woodwork lol

It is very frustrating trying to support a club when the draw is so unfair My husband & I bought 3 game memberships + membership for a grandson + a future generation ( that by the way was free as a baby then $5 the next year then junior membership this year (she is only 2 yrs) We could not go to any games due to work commitments & our membership was not valid at bluetongue We live on the coast so we were pretty p***ed off We try to support the club the best we can & not "getting on he bandwagon" but sometimes people just can't get to all the games but if possible would love to support the team in the big one Maybe a rant but we all have an opinion

Hi everyone this is my first post so if I stuff up please don't be too critical.
With regard to membership I feel that the draw is designed for the television stations, so many Monday night games and Friday night games.For you single guys that's probably ok but for me with two young mad supporters like their old man it is just impossible to make these time slots. .I wish they could bring back the 3pm Saturday and Sunday games but that is not goings to happen.Finally when we do get a lovely Sunday afternoon game against a quality side if seems to be moved to Central Coast.
Anyway go manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8