Something stinks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
With Greg Inglis holding off signing with the Broncos because the NRL are pressing with all players and managers signing statutory declaration about their contracts just shows that the contract with the Broncos stink.

At first I thought the NRL were or are not entitled to make player/managers sign these declarations but after this caused Inglis to hold off signing with the Broncos maybe it is something that will make teams stay within the cap.

The stench from up north is overpowering.  I just hope that all our players are above board, I think there will be a few clubs fighting this new rule big time.  The afl players have to sign stat decs, can't believe it hasn't been in place in the nrl before now, could have prevented a whole stack of problems.  Then again of course I can believe it, bring on the idependence and get some real professionals in.

They won't sign stat decs because they know the illegal goings on with player contracts and don't want to share a cell with the last bloke who signed a false stat dec -Justice Yeldham.

Gallop would give them an ultimatum - sign or your lose your accreditation.  Players would be better off without them anyway.

Wait for the players strike action next - maybe the fans should strike against the players then the TV should strike against the fans and the list goes on.

kingyfan link said:
They won't sign stat decs because they know the illegal goings on with player contracts and don't want to share a cell with the last bloke who signed a false stat dec -Justice Yeldham.

Justice Yeldham? I'm sure you mean Justice Marcus Einfeld. No big deal. But I can;t understand why the NRL didn't consult with the players union before issuing a unilateral edict. The players are being railroaded by the bully boys of the NRL without time to give the matter due consideration.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=184742.msg286005#msg286005 date=1282269278]

Justice Yeldham? I'm sure you mean Justice Marcus Einfeld. No big deal. But I can;t understand why the NRL didn't consult with the players union before issuing a unilateral edict. The players are being railroaded by the bully boys of the NRL without time to give the matter due consideration.
[/quote]

Because the NRL knew what players would say and didn't want the story to leak. Better to surprise everyone and look like you are being decisive.

Frankly anyone who wont sign one of these will look suspicious and should expect to be be treated as such.

I think it's a great idea! It should help the integrity of this competition enormously. And I wish people would get over Inglis, Brisbane have maintained it wall all done fairly, so why can't everyone just leave it be? We can't change what's happened, but we can help the future, what is what I think has been done. Best decision by the NRL in a LONG time.

I think it's just because the Thoroughbreds have been delayed in having a boozy lunch at a strip club to work out who is going to "sponsor" the lady basher. 

Sorry had a vindaloo from hell, that is probably what you are smelling

In fine form, the wife is rolling her eyes so must be on fire

Matabele link said:
I think it's just because the Thoroughbreds have been delayed in having a boozy lunch at a strip club to work out who is going to \"sponsor\" the lady basher. 

Paid for by the bongos no doubt

the big elephant in the room is that the NRL (and everyone else for that matter) know the players and managers are up to their eyeballs in it.this bull**** that the the players didnt know defies logic with multiple contracts etc.the nrl however know that the ceos and player managers are an easier target as they are not fan favourites.

By getting players and managers to sign stat decs they achieve the desired result without having to accuse the players outright over past misdemeanours and risk fan backlash.

as a past lawyer it all seems a little strange as when a party signs a contract they are effectively guaranteeing the authenticity of the contract.what the stat dec does is  make the matter a definite criminal issue as opposed to a contract dispute that may or may not be criminal in nature.

they are obviously very keen on this and the players are kidding if they think they will have public support on this as the only conclusion that can be drawn if they dont sign is GUILT,particularly as it operates in the AFL without any problem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4