Something rotten in the State of . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bomack44 said:
Gal was telling the truth. We all know Greenberg is a C

So what. If your boss what the biggest C**t in the world do you think it would be Ok to call him that on Twitter and if you did do you think he would sack you?

Years ago (I'm a bit out of touch now) but employees could in fact blow up at their boss in NSW and not be sacked. It was something like "employers had to take into account extenuating circumstances of the employee's business and possibly personal life." And so if they came back the next day and said they still wanted their job, they either got it, or could successfully claim unfair dismissal.

But not sure if that's the same now. (That was in the retail game)

Gallen just said: "At least Noyce cares and no other c... in the nrl does."

He didn't call anybody specifically a 'c'.

So by fining him, smith and greenburg have admitted there must be 'c....s' in the nrl!

For the fine to stick....smith should have to name who the nrl perceive are c....s and therefore they are the ones offended by gallen's remarks!!!!!!*

* I do not condone the c word as an acceptable expletive.

Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

So what. If your boss what the biggest C**t in the world do you think it would be Ok to call him that on Twitter and if you did do you think he would sack you?

Ok, challenge to all Silvertails. Someone tweet that their boss is a ......

Come on, it's for comparative reaction study purposes.:p

niccipops said:
Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

lol.....as if any of the guys on here are going to call their wives that!!!!!!!!!!!

because their wives are their bosses

Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

Calm your farm champ. It was just an off the cuff comment taking a shot at toad Greenberg.

What gallen did was pretty stupid but not worth 50k and loss of a rep jumper.

niccipops said:
Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

My boss wouldn't know one end of a tweet from another. I could tweet whatever I wanted and he would be highly unlikely to ever find out.

He was a pretty ordinary player when he played for norths.

had a good shoulder charge but that was about it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I'm with Frogz on this one as well

See it the same as a player taking the early guilty plea at the judiciary to miss a week rather than fighting it and getting 2 or 3

Am sure we all remember the Jason King shoulder charge earlier in the year that he was pinged for. Everyone knew he wasn't guilty of it but it wasn't worth the fight so he pleaded guilty

We all saw that Jason king hit so we were able to make a judgement. None of us seen what Gallen did or did not do, and we don't know whether he knowingly did it.

This is so over the top its not funny. . I have mates in certain industries where the c bomb is a tem of endearment and the boss is the bigges c out there , its a badge of honour. Gallen also works in a workplace where is pretty exceptale to swear your tits off.

Now it was stupid. Agree and it was out of his workplace and very public but

The c bomb amongst youth isnt waht it used to be. its used much more often in the younger ages per day then we would use in our lives. Im almost 50 and drop i very rarely but it never seems right and i know. Shouldnt have. Thats not the younger generation anymore . Its used with gay abandon.

By taking the aussie jmper off him is potentially a 100 k hit in the pocket. Can we even fathom that a swear word could cost anyone that........really. Are we all that sensitive and high and mighty tha we are comfortale with that outcome. Im not. It was stupid amd he should pay a price but this is ridiculous . This is just a deflection of the real issue here and that the players feel the boss hung them out to dry after politicians hung them out to dry.

I know the story i dont agree with drug cheats . Im not condoning this.

When i look at gallen, he is a leader, he leads by example and is a bit of a throwback. Its pretty easy to fathom that this man may be carrying the burden for many mistakes others made. Its easy to see he could have issues. Why are the nrl not getting him asessed in the process. Why have the just set a punishment which may make it worse without consultation with the player. Its arrogant as hell. Why is the players union not involved in this.

This isnt just a nrl fail. Its a human rights fail

Like honestly how many f this and f that were dropped in nrl head quarters when the found out aout the tweet. That swear jar could probaly cover gals fine

niccipops said:
Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

I often do call my boss all soughts of names. I just called him a pr!ck while I was having a shave this morning. He just said get to work you lazy ba$tard and I did.

You know he's that bad he doesn't even pay me. :mad:

But at least I know he can't fire me. :D

niccipops said:
Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

Last year some employees where I work took to Facebook to voice their displeasure at the company's handling of a long, drawn out EBA negotiation. I don't remember the exact wording but the post went something like 'We should kidnap the c***s until they give us what we want'. The OP and all who commented in support of the post were sacked. The union here, which usually loves a fight, wouldn't touch it with a stick and said the company was within their rights to take the action they did.

Bomack44 said:
Ralphie said:
Bomack44 said:

Calm your farm champ. It was just an off the cuff comment taking a shot at toad Greenberg.

What gallen did was pretty stupid but not worth 50k and loss of a rep jumper.

I am sure mostly everyone would slap him on the back with a "well done" but as an;
1. Australian representative,
2. NSW Blues Captain,
3. NRL Cronulla Sharks Captain,
4. A player many young kids look up to,

There are certain things you just don't do and a message had to be sent. Imagine if Tooves brought out the C word in post post match conference, the fine wouldn't be 10k would it!

Lastly, thinking back to Snakes very bad treatment, he was suspended for (correct me if I am wrong) 4 weeks and fined $X for being NOT GUILTY. Gallen is guilty on both fronts.

Yeah it's a harsh penalty but ****, does he actually have a brain?

Is Dave Smith and his cronies Gallens boss????...I thought the Sharks would be.
Paul does not answer to Smith or Greenturd

So the NRL actually tell the players what to do and when to do it then....

The clubs must register their players contracts with the NRL,...Dave Smith isn't boss of the players.

Chip and Chase said:
I'm all for principles, but quitting my job in support of a drug cheat is not my idea of an ideological stance worth taking.

I don't care for the Gummies nor Gallen.
But $50K for calling someone a c*nt is a bit rich.
Hell, I'd be bankrupt right now if that was the law.

Frogz said:
Is Dave Smith and his cronies Gallens boss????...I thought the Sharks would be.
Paul does not answer to Smith or Greenturd

No they are not, but he plays/works in a product they provide be it, National Rugby League, State Of Origin or International Test Matches. I also assume he gets paid to play in tests by the NRL as well as State Of Origins and that doesn't come from Cronulla.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4