1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Manly should be looking into

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagles2win, Nov 10, 2010.

1. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    In the Sydney Morning Herald (well on the website atleast) there is an article that has the Bulldog's are forming a sister club partnership with Leeds where they'll share information and underage player's will be sent over to Leeds

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    That would be outside of Manly's catchment area. Think more along the lines of:-

[​IMG]

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Choice Bro.

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    thinking like that seems outside the square now

5. PaulieG

PaulieG New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe a few good players could be found on that little Island below the south Island - Stewart Island.........

6. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Ahh that's old hat nowgetting player's from NZ. Gotta try and not limit yourself to just that option

7. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    I agree Ant, there are so many possabilities if a union can be found global recognition for club and sponsors and tax write offs if they chose to sponsor eachother , mid season transfer to cover injuries etc etc

Imagine being able to sign a player jointly , as eg. How many young people want to see the world. Imagine offering the best juniors a 3 year deal which included 1 overseas,

I sent the club this info, about 5 pages of benefits when they were the Northern Eagles and never got a reply

Bottom line, england has cash but no talent, australia has talent but no cash. How couldnt that work

8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Hey, we should form a partnership with one of the lower level English clubs, the same with the Eagles in the US and certainly a lower level NZ club, as well as a QLD cup club. You don't have to be sending players to a club to have a relationship, sometimes an agreement will just be to have an occasional friendly match, or to have some kind of training/knowledge exchange, frankly if it costs us nothing what is too lose.

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    EDITED - sorry - bad mood - VERY bad mood.

10. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Yeh,yeh,USA all the way!!lol.Trip to USA would be good.

11. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Id love to have an understanding with a PNG/Tongan club side,some of those players while undertrained were absolutely damaging,especially the jukebox

12. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I cant see why we don't have some form of relationship with a club in every comp we can. One its good for international RL, two its good for us, and three it doesn't cost us anything. But then I am not the CEO, nor would I want to be the way every CEO I can remember has been bagged.

13. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    If you guy's are starting to come around to the growth of International Rugby League there is an article in the Sydney Morning Herald (or atleast the website leaguehq.com)by Brad Walter that list's many promising thing's in the pipeline and some astonishing stat's about the All Blacks and the one sideness of Rugby Union that doesn't attract the negative media that a one sided Rugby League Test Match receives.

14. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,083 / 284
    Make it St Helens & The Bulls please.

15. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    St Helens out of those two choices please. St Helens had a great winger named Jamie Foster debut for them this year and was great

16. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
  17. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Actually that wouldn't be to bad either and given our  CEO's relationship with Wigan it would be doable (Lowe still has a good relationship with the club)
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1289952694[/time][hr]
    Apparently Russ was on a US talk show recently and was discussing South Sydney and how the acquired Inglis's services.

And the Tomahawks (US's national team) are playing today.

www.wearerugby.com/atlantic-cup-live-feed

18. eagles2win

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Russell want's to take the WCC to America and has floated the idea of playing an expanded comp at Vegas.

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/crowe-reveals-his-american-dream-20101126-18ard.html

I get the feeling that Mark's eyes are lighting up as he read's this ;)