Something I am going to trial in the offseason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

during the offseason I wanted to setup a second rugby league forum on this site, this one will be a "self policing" forum. It may lead to fights it may lead to drama or it may be a magical thing.

I am still working out the logistics of setting this up, however the basic idea is that all members with x amount of posts will gain access to the forum, you will all have permission to vote up and down posts, you will have the ability to hide other posts but not remove them completely, others can resurrect posts.

The idea is that the community is in control of its content and I want to see how such a forum goes, whether it becomes a fight or whether a self-policing community is something that could work, much like on sites like stackoverflow.

Anyway I would value your thoughts on this and ideas.

cheers
Dan

Give it a shot! It will encourage people to use Silvertails a lot more because they need to get the 'X' amount of posts! Very smart thinking!

Yeah im in. Could be interesting.

I like the idea of setting an entry with a minimum number of posts. Stops the casual trolls.

For fun the more one posts inthe "true supporters forum" the more features you should unlock, such as posting anomolysly or even stopping replys for a desginated period to prove/ win the fight.

Is it closed off entirely to those that don't qualify? Are you creating a illuminati forum? Have the tin foilers won???

Is it closed off entirely to those that don't qualify? Are you creating a illuminati forum? Have the tin foilers won???
Lol it will be viewable by everyone, but not postable until you reach the threshhold. I havent even decided on the post threshold amount, anyone got a suggestion for what the minimum post count should be?

Lol it will be viewable by everyone, but not postable until you reach the threshhold. I havent even decided on the post threshold amount, anyone got a suggestion for what the minimum post count should be?
666 - sounds like a Forum with a minimum blood alcohol content requirement :p

5954 posts as a minimum lol.

1 billion.

Plus we need a poll on who should not be allowed to post in there regardless of post numbers.

Annnnd go.

I am going to also add quality controls.
So basically to remove posts they need to be reported then they get deleted. If you have too many posts badly rated in that forum or moderated then eventually you will lose access to that forum

Its really just an idea to see if something like that could work, and could be a bit of fun

Dan are you doing some kind of university thesis experiment thing ? And if so, haven't you read "The Lord of the Flies" ?:wondering:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2