1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something Different....

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ConcernedSupporter, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    How's Beaver going in the UK?

Anyone seen any games?

2. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pretty average... looks like he's on a working holiday - and little work IMO. Thgink he's struggling with the pace of the game, or he might be carrying an injury.

3. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    He should come back and play in the NRL again as he would fit in nicely with the current Manly team who also look like they are on a holiday.

4. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I reckon he would make a big difference to their attitudes if he was back here.

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Iv'e seen two of their games on Fox, he looked pretty average (in a VERY average team)...although it is hard to compare I feel to the highs of 2008 when he played with a legend team!!

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,763 / 72
    I saw one game a few weeks ago and he missed a tackle he wouldn't hanve missed in 349 NRL games - I think he has earnt a golden handshake and the come down after 2008 must have been huge for him.

I really think after this season he should come back and spend the summer at Freshie Beach and sit back and enjoy retirement. 

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The games I have seen he seems to have been given a coach's roving role and this has resulted in him being out of the line of defense and the opposition have crucified the Bulls because of it. There doesn't seem to be much urgency in his play, but to be fair to Beaver the rest of the team seem to be playing the same style.