Someone who had s huge game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I thought one person who deserves a wrap today is Pappa Joe he was great took it forward seemingly every set and made some good tackles. Bent the line often too.

Even kite had one of his best.

I agree 100%. I can't understand why he gets bagged so much on this forum. He does what everyone expects of a prop, hits it up - and straight. He doesn't have an offload but he generally beats the advantage line. Smokin Joe would be in my team every week.

Hoppa was also good to see him directing wolfman to stay out when in a 1 on 1 was great and showed great football knowledge and an ability to read the game. Great effort by the young kid

i totally agree.couldnt understand why dessie used smokin so sparingly at times last yr. always makes good yards,and defence is great. had a great game 2day.

I think Hoppa has consigned Trex to the bench or wing on that effort.  He will be the first toi cover Lyon/Matai from now on

Yes, he is good every week if you ask me.
Amazing how some of the self proclaimed experts on here, would have had Joe in the nursing home by now.

I have a reason for not favouring him,he wasnt that interested in joining us,that said he has been a solid buy

Trex would be the first to go from that backline when Lyon comes back. Then with Matai still to return, Trex could be looking at NSW cup.
Tim Robinson was as good as you could expect from a big bopper on debut. Harrison showed he has a future and Bhurer was top class again. so Trex is in strife as far a spot in the 17 goes unless he has a blinder and a half next round.

Joe does his job every week, he should have seen more time last season

I thought Kite paced himself through the game to play extra minutes today

Good to see Kite holding the ball and not stupidly passing it.  Joe was excellent.  He grunts away and made metres, as did Hoppa.  A real selection dilemma for Des.  All good.

Yep I admit after last week I thought Joe was gonski but he was great today, he ran like a someone 10 years younger.

rarely applauded, always consistent but i thought m.robertson had a great game. i really like how he comes in from the wing and takes up those occasional hit ups (with gusto), even if its one hit up every few sets, it helps out and makes a difference. fresher legs, at pace always steal a few extra metres, if only t-rex was watching and learning that. within the team we have the potential to take the ball 50-60m each set before the kick with the balance of speed and size.

im just happy we're going forward this year and not sideways!

but i agree, joe stepped up yesterday. handy to have at the ready.

Hoppa, wolfman and Robbo all took extra hit ups to relieve the forwards. There was one set where all 3 took I think 4 tackles up the centre with Seu Seu taking the next

I'd say the whole team performed well (for the most part). Our completion rate in the first half wasn't super hot, but we knuckled down better after the break.

I think the game on the weekend demonstrated that we have a bit of depth in the backs and some decent forward coming through.

Not to sound like a smart arse but I thought he was playing well for us last week before he got kicked in the groin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6