1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone is smoking crack if this is true.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Lyonstomenzies, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    The idea has been floated around in several conversations on this site and facebook.

What I find so amusing about sports journalism now, is that social media has allowed them to use any comment as the basis for a story, because they don't actually need to be facts based.

2. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    This has to be the funniest thing I have read for ages...can you imagine if Arthur actually came to us this year- as much as I love Tooves, I would want to see this happen just to see Whatnow's reaction...
    PS Drugs are bad, very bad.

3. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,819 / 53
    This is just Arthur's management looking for more $ from Parra a couple of months after he signed a new deal. Standard practice from the management firm who brought you the DCE tour of the sh1ttiest clubs in the NRL.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    I did like how they list his "achievement" of taking them from last to tenth.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I reckon this is Zorbas fault, or DCE it has to have something to do with a cafe surely

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58
    I blame lu.

Actually thought when reading this that this week in particular, the 'sports journos' have really lost the plot.

There have been amazing stories over the last three days.

I just can't believe the writer of that article can go home and proudly tell his family what he did at work today. I mean all the innuendo in the first chunk of writings...then "ceo kelly states no one has spoken to arthur." You'd think that would therefore make it a non story never to see the light of day.

But here it is. It would be great to hear why he wrote the article....in truth. Most would say the editor forced him and I'm certainly not going to join twitter to ask him.

It's why I don't get seriously involved in the click bait drama of the last week. Others do and that's ok (but weird) and we all hope Mark doesn't have a heart attack.

I propose , just like the mods "SECRET" forum we have one just for those don't buy into the rubbish.

Well, none of the reporting has been weirder than the clips posted in the music clips thread....but you know.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Funny thing is that Parra would give us BA for 2V in a heartbeat!
    Hmmm the real plan is to get 2V to Parra :)
    Suppose this will be the next story

8. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Maybe a Premium Members only forum GE?

9. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
  10. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58
    "True supporters" forum! WINK

11. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Just like the 'expert' sports journo with the super hot mail on radio yesterday (not sure which station, was flicking through) who had 'heard from a great source' that the delay is because there will be a player merry-go-round in progress. Roosters are having cap issues in the coming years and after the all stars game Pearce has requested to leave to join Foran in the Manly halves which will release pressure on roosters and the only way Foran will stay at manly, is if Pearce comes. A young fella (12-13ish) rang up and told the bloke he's kidding himself. 1. recently re-signed until end of 2017, 2. recently named co-captain... and then the kid blurted out 3. Roosters... Salary Cap problems? They haven't had a cap for years now! and hung up. The 'expert' shut his trap pretty fast. classic.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    This is outrageous! Just another pathetic attempt to unsettle our club and it really is time for journos to get real!

13. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    A wonderful work of fiction. It should be in the Book Reviews section of the newspaper.

14. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    So the SMH ran a story on Thursday saying Foran was off to Parramatta. Now, in this story, they're saying 'if he decides to go'. Maybe tomorrow they will print that 'he is unlikely to go' ? And by Monday he should be all signed up at Manly.

• Like Like x 3
  15. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    At least try & snare des back,not arthur.

• Like Like x 1
  16. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 63
    The Sheep aren't going to like this ..

17. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Not sure how they can print this tripe. Seems to be a **** stir at manly month in the media.

18. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    All this week I wondered what would finally make me laugh again. And here it is. Thank you!

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    Well I heard Parramatta want to sell their club to the Penns.
    If they can pull off that coup, they'd then use the money to buy Manly, which is what they've really craved all these years.

• Like Like x 2