Someone has to say it...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From what i can put together we are going to lose Glenn for the year and lose Foran, Robbo, Lussick and Brett for at least a few games, more then likely won't see them back unless we make the GF. Im shattered. :(

Can't see how what happened on Friday night had anything to do with Gallop the Gaylord and the Brett Stewart saga. Gift was sticking up 4 a rookie forward who was belted by Blair.
Gets sin binned Blair gets in his face and grabs him. What's he supposed to do? The storm are grubs and Blair the dog got what he deserved.
For mine Gift should get 1 week max, Snake a couple for running in, and Blair 1-2 weeks. A fine for both clubs and let's move on. In saying that Gallop would love 2 stick it 2 us again.

Even though I believe the Stewart brothers are justified in feeling angry about way they've been treated by Gallop and we all do things we regret in the heat of the moment.....I also feel Glen's & Brett's actions have put the club in a very bad position.
As Susan said, management need to sit the two of them down and remind them about their responsibilities. They are part of a team who have been working towards achieving a premiership. They both now face the very probable eventuality of taking no further part in that and at the same time making it harder for their team mates.

susan said:
Wont be popular but 2 things need to happen very quickly at our club

1.Glen Stewart needs to be told a few home truths about his responsibilities as a senior player and to the rest of the playing group.2 years in a row is not acceptable ergardless of the media garbage.

2.This whole Gallop /Stewart thing ends here.Brett was treated terribly and everyone accepts that.But almost everyone faces some great adversity in their life.I know I have and plenty of friends have but in the end you get on with life and move on.At the beginning of all this Brett had support across the entire league community.I can tell you from what I here is that people are very tired of it and our club and the S tewart boys need to move on.It is quite obvious from 2009 onwards that our club has suffered enough and Glen Stewart has simply lost his ability to make good decisions.

The Stewart family are great people and the boys are great players.Time to forget and move on before all this s**t tears Manly apart.

Best post I've read on here for quite some time.

I'd say if it continues to be an issue they are going to need to need to look at moving both players on even though I'd hate to see it you can have players worth the kind of money they are on sitting on the sidelines.

Brookie said:
Moops said:
Matabele said:
All very well for people to pontificate on how they should feel without having walked a mile in their shoes. But the whole situation is a grave injustice and it continues. Gallop will not miss either brother this week, but that doesn't diminish the sense of injustice they would feel, the slight on their reputation, the lack of support or empathy and the millions of dollars lost in court cases and lost sponsorship.

I'd suggest the trials of both are greater than the average man in the street, and its played out in the public eye. League is an emotional game as we know, and it is full of hypocrisy. Both sides were wound up like gladiators all week, they acted as one would assume, now they will be pilloried while being milked for cheap headlines all week and the game will be played endlessly for decades as an example of "the best of league".

The hypocrisy and hubris lies not with the Stewarts.

I don't think anyone would disagree with your last statement BUT how long do you hang onto all the hate? The only ones they are hurting are themselves and the club. The NRL couldn't care less about the 'hypocrisy' and 'hubris'. I bet you they sleep well at night! Gallop has won. I can just see him sitting there smiling and rubbing his hands together as we speak. I bet you his coffee tastes better this morning!!!!

Brookie said:
Moops said:
Susan, give up.

agree.

dr no fun

Nothing to say really...I think your avatar says it all.

Gangsta? Seriously????
You sound like one of the ten year olds that i teach

lol, you're the idiot here....
i was agreeing with you that susan should give up, calling susan dr no fun (not you)
so you attack me. i'm embarrassed for you now cause you misread the post. you sound like one of the 10 year olds that you teach...lol!

p.s. i'm probably older than you!

You are older than me and you call yourself a gangster (sorry gangsta)...heaven help us all!!! Reliving your youth, huh?

You are the idiot because I was actually supporting Susan in my post. Read it again, bro! Or did you just read the first few words? I look forward to a response whereby you don't have to resort to cheap insults.

Daddycool said:
Even though I believe the Stewart brothers are justified in feeling angry about way they've been treated by Gallop and we all do things we regret in the heat of the moment.....I also feel Glen's & Brett's actions have put the club in a very bad position.
As Susan said, management need to sit the two of them down and remind them about their responsibilities. They are part of a team who have been working towards achieving a premiership. They both now face the very probable eventuality of taking no further part in that and at the same time making it harder for their team mates.

At last the posters with a bit of sense are coming out of the woodwork!

The whole saga could have been avoided if the on field referee was competent enough to simply blow his whistle and award a penalty to Manly as soon as Hinchcliffe used his elbow on Lussick. He was very quick to blow his whistle when Darcy threw a punch, and If he only acted that quickly on the elbow, then what followed may not have happened.

Mata,I agree that it would have been tough for the boys but I think the whole saga needs some perspective..Brett was sorely mistreated and it hurt badly.At least he received some recompense from the telegraph for the garbage written.No one died here.Every day of the week famiiles lose loved ones to drunk drivers or a victims of crime or some injustice.A friend of mine lost his 6 year old to meningitis last week.Lets have some clarity here.Brett has been totally vindicated byt by the law,is well thought of amongst most thinking people and has a great life ahead.Waiting for an apolpogy is that will never come and continuing to reap all these consequences is a total waste of time for everyone.Does anyone seriously think that it is helping iether boys at the moment.

As for being Dr Fun I fail to see the funny side of any of this and to do so would be to draw a long bow.

mickqld said:
susan said:
Wont be popular but 2 things need to happen very quickly at our club

1.Glen Stewart needs to be told a few home truths about his responsibilities as a senior player and to the rest of the playing group.2 years in a row is not acceptable ergardless of the media garbage.

2.This whole Gallop /Stewart thing ends here.Brett was treated terribly and everyone accepts that.But almost everyone faces some great adversity in their life.I know I have and plenty of friends have but in the end you get on with life and move on.At the beginning of all this Brett had support across the entire league community.I can tell you from what I here is that people are very tired of it and our club and the S tewart boys need to move on.It is quite obvious from 2009 onwards that our club has suffered enough and Glen Stewart has simply lost his ability to make good decisions.

The Stewart family are great people and the boys are great players.Time to forget and move on before all this s**t tears Manly apart.

Disagree totally. G Stewart was sin binned for trying to stop the fight. The refs f***ed up totally. Then he has that gorilla chasing him off the ground and mouthing off something I can imagine was non too complimentary of course it was going to end in another fight cause Blair wanted it to
. As for Brett gee I dont know why he would have a grudge seeing as how his employer NRL hung him out to dry basically saying that they agreed he was guilty of the actions he was charged for. Cost him several 100 thousand dollars in potential sponsorships earnings as well as his reputation as a decent person then when he was found innocent didn't have the guts to talk to him and try and fix the damage they did.

Gorilla comment sounds like a redneck and just fuels hatred in more ways than is necessary.

well done Susan and good to see lots on here realising the same. The more we keep bringing it up the longer it's going to fester. Shame about Glenn, in wonderful form but has brought the club down (and probably cost us the chance to win the premiership) 2 years in a row with actions that only he can explain. After watching taht performance, we were definitely favourites to win in 2011.

Darren said:
well done Susan and good to see lots on here realising the same. The more we keep bringing it up the longer it's going to fester. Shame about Glenn, in wonderful form but has brought the club down (and probably cost us the chance to win the premiership) 2 years in a row with actions that only he can explain. After watching taht performance, we were definitely favourites to win in 2011.

Souffs won't make it, manly still has a great shot

mickqld said:
Disagree totally. G Stewart was sin binned for trying to stop the fight. The refs f***ed up totally. Then he has that gorilla chasing him off the ground and mouthing off something I can imagine was non too complimentary of course it was going to end in another fight cause Blair wanted it to
. As for Brett gee I dont know why he would have a grudge seeing as how his employer NRL hung him out to dry basically saying that they agreed he was guilty of the actions he was charged for. Cost him several 100 thousand dollars in potential sponsorships earnings as well as his reputation as a decent person then when he was found innocent didn't have the guts to talk to him and try and fix the damage they did.
This sums up my thoughts exactly and totally agree.

Love the hatred. Go Manly. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We will prevail. Keep the faith.

susan said:
Did you hear Glens mid week media interview.What was that about then.As a fan I would like to see my team achieve the very best and all this s**t just doesnt help.It is not rocket science.I wouldnt have such a problem if it didnt happen in r25 last year as well.What happens if he is baited in r25 next year as any thinking coach will.?You cant look at this in isolation.Two years in a row,please...

You forgot to put 'ffs' in this post.

Darren said:
The Eagle, you keep harping on about it, can you leave it alone?

No,you are a troll with a Slater mask for your bf Jase,anything you say shall be treated with due contempt,you are like Slothfield to read

Susan, it's clear that you have not ever met glenn because if you did you would know that he is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. He and Brett and the family have been through a horrible experience and your lack of empathy says a lot. Playing a football game is not like taking the dog for a walk, the boys are full of adrenalin and that can lead to snap decisions. Glenn was angry at what happened to Darcy,Blair is hated by all the manly players, a combination of these things and Glenn lost it. Plain and simple, not ideal but it happened. I think we can all remember a time when the biff was still around! But Susan, for you to talk about OUR club and in the same post say that Glenn and Brett should get over what happened to them makes me sick!
You clearly don't know them so don't judge them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6