1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody run off Trex PLEASE

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Fluffy, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    On the few occasions a game he puts his head down, breaks the first, second and third tackle why is there no support?

Off the scrum at 50 mins he was left alone when 1 player running off him could easily have been a try.

2. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Exactly on the few occasions. He is overrated, lazy and not interested.

3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    But he was better tonight. Still frustrating to watch.
    Was he rested, or did he play the full 80?
    He is better in short bursts.
    Still, we smashed the team most of the media, and the NRL, is pumping up. Refs gave Souffs every chance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Another lazy 144m tonight ...

Just the 107 more than Glenn

5. The Eagle Has Landed

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    On the few last performances I wouldn't have him in the starting line up. I would have him come off the bench. To get a rocket up him. He really frustrates me and I'm sure alot of other Manly supporters.

6. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    I know you love him KE. How many tackles his he make compared to the other forwards, and DCE and Foran?

7. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Really? Fark me, 80% of those must have been in the 1st half. He disappeared in the 2nd half from what I saw.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I don't love him, I just think the constant bagging of him is over the top

It's hard to make tackles if people don't run at you, and the teams seem to attack us the other side of the park, same reason why DCE is making more tackles than Foran every week.

If we look at the backrower/halve/centre combos on each side of the park tonight

Lyon/Stewart/DCE made 64 tackles
    Whare/Williams/Foran made 29 tackles

That shows exactly where teams are looking to attack us

9. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +949 / 40
    Kiwi are you serious? You diminish yourself with these comments because I know you are football smarter than that. TRex played better tonight and no one will question that but to compare his metres to gift should be beneath you. Do they count his metres as from ten behind where Foran starts and then when he burrows two or three more. Do the count the ten metres he runs and then drops the ball.

Glen Stewart is our best forward and I will make that huge call knowing full well how good Choc and Kite were tonight. TRex looks like he is coming good but don't compare his role in out team to that of our second best player( after killer ) for the past year and a half.

If rugby league were just stats then David Middleton would be Wayne Bennet.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Not meant as a shot at Glenn in any way at all

Glenn is the better footballer by a mile, but just pointing out he didn't do a lot with the ball tonight either

Stats aren't everything, quite correct, but I guarantee you if Williams had a 37m game those stats would be very relevant for people having a crack

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    farkin woeful isnt it.

7 hit ups for 87 metres at half time

12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I've got no problems with his running. Its his lazy efforts in defence which are issue for me.

13. The Eagle Has Landed

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Mate you can't compare the two, Gifty is inspirational the other just doesn't want to be there and it shows on the field

14. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    How does he make those metres though if he is lazy and doesn't want to be there ? Nobody made more

That's the only thing that annoys me every week tbh, his hit up numbers are always in the top couple in the side, which doesn't suggest laziness. I know where people come from when they don't see him run onto the ball etc but he still makes his metres every single week

15. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    He is showing 29 points in supercoach so therefore he was poor tonight. That is all the stats that you need.

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    sometimes i wonder if people actually watch the game rather than just read the main stream media opinion.

Its like going into an election posters here just vote for who they have been told are ****.

basic rule of thumb as a forward is 100m per game, Trex has missed this only once this season (94m) yet gets bagged every single game.

No wonder the forums have gone to **** in the last few years, the IQ has dropped by 50 points, maybe 100

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    So Corey Parker is the next immortal ? ;)

18. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Him and Gallen should be the highest paid players in the game!!!!!

Seriously though. I want Williams in the side every week and never bag him but I thought he was not that impressive tonight. Not bad by any stretch but he had little involvement from what I recall, his stats shocked me. I only recall any major involvement from him in the 1st half.

19. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I thought the same as you Garts, he can play far better. But even if he did he would get a flogging

20. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    He is hit and miss, he will never be a choc or gifty. Des had the same dramas with him. I would rather see him off the bench and joe to start. He made some good charges