Some very sad news...Anthony "Mouse" Young

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
hope you dont mind but I cut that bit out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_aEvLAi_ts

What a great way to remember him. He was his own mouse. Many people with far less issues than mouse complain a lot more. Great life attitude and the world is a sadder place without him

I never met him but knew of him. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mouse.

Jethro said:
I never met him but knew of him. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mouse.
He was a good bloke Jethro,a real character,will be greatly missed,I heard most of the team wore black armbands on friday night,which was a good touch

jbb/james said:
What a great way to remember him. He was his own mouse. Many people with far less issues than mouse complain a lot more. Great life attitude and the world is a sadder place without him

Very sad news indeed and couldn't have said this better myself. Mouse was one of a kind. RIP...

Very nice words and video ( part of which was shot in Auckland on the long weekend in June). Onya Mouse, you were def a MWTS favourite

mwse web site has a short tribute story by tom keneally as well as the video shown in this thread
link:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Tribute-to-The-Mouse-Who-Roared/77515

The legend himself, Max Delmege, posted this on his facebook yesterday. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing it.

''In 2002 when I became major sponsor of the mighty Sea Eagles, I met one of the most passionate Eagle fans ever. His affectionate nickname was 'Mouse', but his allegiance to Manly had the roar and strength of the master of a pride of lions in the jungle. He expressed his extreme gratitude to me for saving his passion in life, his Rugby League club.
I expressed my gratitude to him for being so loyal to something he believed in so verdantly. He asked me to sign his jersey. My only regret.... I didn't ask him to sign mine. Mousey, we will love your inspiration forever. We are all so better people for knowing you. We will meet again at Brookie in heaven. Mousey, can I borrow your glasses until we meet again?"

bones said:
The legend himself, Max Delmege, posted this on his facebook yesterday. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me sharing it.

''In 2002 when I became major sponsor of the mighty Sea Eagles, I met one of the most passionate Eagle fans ever. His affectionate nickname was 'Mouse', but his allegiance to Manly had the roar and strength of the master of a pride of lions in the jungle. He expressed his extreme gratitude to me for saving his passion in life, his Rugby League club.
I expressed my gratitude to him for being so loyal to something he believed in so verdantly. He asked me to sign his jersey. My only regret.... I didn't ask him to sign mine. Mousey, we will love your inspiration forever. We are all so better people for knowing you. We will meet again at Brookie in heaven. Mousey, van I borrow your glasses until we meet again?"
well said Max,and thanks for sharing this bones

Nice sentiment from Max, but I think he needs a dictionary. Verdantly ???

castle eagle said:
mwse web site has a short tribute story by tom keneally as well as the video shown in this thread
link:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Tribute-to-The-Mouse-Who-Roared/77515

Nice tribute, what a fantastic supporter of our club. It's people like Mouse that are the bedrock on which are mighty club is built.

RIP Mouse.

Noticed during the week Darcy Lussick, an ex employee of Manly's and the NRL Lurker posted up tributes on twitter to Mouse

Funeral notice is in sticky thread above.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8