Some Stats on Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From those stats Darcy played better than I thought. It would be nice to know if a lot of those tackles he was doing a Hindmarsh, or if I just missed his contribution.

My criticism of him stems mostly from the drop balls last week, coupled with the one tonight. Can't afford it to happen too often.

And its fair that he hasn't actually said that he wants heaps of money (has he?) so we are probably reacting more on what the DT is saying.

ads said:
From those stats Darcy played better than I thought. It would be nice to know if a lot of those tackles he was doing a Hindmarsh, or if I just missed his contribution.

My criticism of him stems mostly from the drop balls last week, coupled with the one tonight. Can't afford it to happen too often.

And its fair that he hasn't actually said that he wants heaps of money (has he?) so we are probably reacting more on what the DT is saying.

Exactly. It's all rumour and then we jump on it, but when the tables are turned we get the ****s at rumour mongers.

1 error is not that bad at all especially in light of his contribution with tackles. He made 1 one on 1 tackle I believe but lets be honest, most tackles are 2 - 3 in there.

Everyone has been critical simply because he dropped a ball, there is so much more to a game than that, and when they can put in that many tackles almost one a minute, well to me that is a forward doing their job

Daniel said:
MadMarcus said:
He made critical errors two weeks in a row. He will cop a lot of criticism and deserves it.

The dropped balls he came up with show a lack of concentration. I don't think he is not putting in effort, just struggling to focus.

He needs to get his future sorted one way or the other asap so he can concentrate on his footy.

What is amusing here is that everyone is on his case about a rumour that has been circled by the media about the pay he wants, no facts to it, then in the blink of an eye, we are all quick to criticize those same news outlets that pedal these rumours.

The kid made one error last night, thats a fair effort for a prop who only spent 47 minutes on the field.

People mistake one dash of brilliance for playing the best game ever, but no one has mentioned two crucial errors from Foran, or stupid passes from King, not to mention the lack of effort, meters and hitups from Kite.

The stats tell the true story that in fact he was one of our best performers on the field.

Not sure if that is directed at me Dan or more generally but I haven't been doing any peddling (or pedalling) of rumours about Lussick! I don't think I have been on his case either, but you have to admit he has had some howlers in the past couple of weeks.

I do know that there has been plenty of press and hype about him over the past couple of weeks and I think the kid reads the papers. Maybe he is just still getting used to the NRL, but he looks to me like a player who is distracted.

Just in general.
Enough people have stated opinion that he isn't worth the rumoured amount he is looking for, but failing to realise that is a rumour!

He made two errors last week and one this week, i would hardly call them howlers. Disappointing yes, but by no means howlers.

I'd say missing two goals or giving away several penalties were worse, they actually were the difference in the game.

Not to mention Foran making two completely silly errors in critical field positions

Yes we did for Carney being off side from a Robeson kick. Was the first penalty of the game and got us to halfway from the kick.

Daniel said:
The Eagle said:
I mustnt have been watching properly and just added all the errors of all the blokes his size up

I'll take that for a smart ass quip because they are the official stats from NRL.com They will be revised later today I imagine but I only remember the one error from Lussick and that was the knock on toward the end. 2 missed tackles is not a lot when you make 37 of them.

Nope,i seriously thought he had made about 3 handling errors,probably due to the telerag making out he is holding the club to ransom

The Eagle said:
Daniel said:
The Eagle said:
I mustnt have been watching properly and just added all the errors of all the blokes his size up

I'll take that for a smart ass quip because they are the official stats from NRL.com They will be revised later today I imagine but I only remember the one error from Lussick and that was the knock on toward the end. 2 missed tackles is not a lot when you make 37 of them.

Nope,i seriously thought he had made about 3 handling errors,probably due to the telerag making out he is holding the club to ransom
No worries sorry I was all feisty and fired up.

It's easy to get caught up in what we are told vs what happened. I'll recheck the stats later in the week they will be revised

Daniel said:
behind Matt Ballin who made an incredible 61 tackles (and people want to see him gone pfft)
This baffles me. Week in week out he puts in. Don't think ive ever seen him have a bad game. Cam smith is the only thing between him and an Aussie jersey imo.

Napper said:
Daniel said:
behind Matt Ballin who made an incredible 61 tackles (and people want to see him gone pfft)
This baffles me. Week in week out he puts in. Don't think ive ever seen him have a bad game. Cam smith is the only thing between him and an Aussie jersey imo.

Agreed. 61 tackles borders on the insane! He tries his guys out every single game and seems like a damn decent bloke too!

Daniel said:
Napper said:
Daniel said:

Agreed. 61 tackles borders on the insane! He tries his guys out every single game and seems like a damn decent bloke too!

The type of player you keep to ensure a good culture remains and to teach the young kids how to conduct themselves, oh and to make 1/5 of the teams tackles

Matt Ballin is the last player that deserves to go. He's one of the more solid performers and he's not on a ridiculous salary.

Daniel said:
Fluffy said:
jeez calling him one of our best is a bit rich.

oldfield, whare, lyon, williams, king, choc, trex, buhrer all made more metres, mauro was averaging a bit better metres and tackles but only half the game time.

would only put him above Kite, robinson and harrison

Fact is he isnt bending the line this year just running then getting tackled and a slow play the ball.

I am talking in terms of stats and actual contribution. Compared to other players, he put in a lot.

Whare and Stewart from about 20mins onwards were our two best.

But for 47 minutes, Lussick did a hell of a lot of work and was relatively mistake free, what more do you want from your Props?

i was also talking in terms of stats. 7 players made more metres, one of your pigs on for 47 should be damn close to if not over 100m.

1.44m/min for Lussick, Kite who was very poor wasnt far behind with 1.11. King was 1.92, mauro 1.44, buhrer 2.28.

I also look at metres per hitup to get an idea of a props effectiveness
King 8.5, Kite 8.3, Mauro 7.2, Lussick 6.2.

Last 2 games that has been the biggest difference in my mind, something he has to work on. Rd 2 was 6.4m/hit up (58m 9 runs 8 tackles, 35 mins)

in metres

Just wanted to throw in there about Matt Ballin to , i thought he had a huge game when the sharks kept rolling us over coming back up the middle of the ruck he made so many one on one crucial tackles , i think the scoreline could of been more in their favour if it wasent for his defence also!!

The look of Matty Ballin's head at the end of the game says it all. He looked like he had the ****e kicked out of him. He puts 110% in every week.

Pride said:
The look of Matty Ballin's head at the end of the game says it all. He looked like he had the ****e kicked out of him. He puts 110% in every week.

haha Tooves im sure would appreciate that he to came out of games looking quite battered !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4