Some Quick Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
* What has happened to the Watmough that used to hit the line at pace ? Version 2010 is the all dancing, all crabbing, offloading, budget model.
* We really push the limits in the ruck with hold downs and wrestle. Can only assume it's a coached tactic as it has been evident from game 1 this year. Problem is we need to show some discretion, as a few times tonight we gave away dumb penalties at critical times.
* Having said the above I really felt that the Bunnies got the better end of the deal from the refs tonight in the ruck, they really slowed us down without punishment. Really killed out momentum a few times by "accidently" getting tangled in the tackle.
* Too many bloody errors and disrespect for possession, we really gifted Souths some ball.
* Bailey had his worse game ever tonight. His passing was shocking, I don't ever want to see him at 5/8 again. He also got posted a few times in defence.
* I didn't see much of TH in the second half, and when I did he was peeling off some poor kicks. With Foran pushed out to centre we needed more from him and it didn't eventuate, consequently our attack was disjointed, or stifled by Bailey.
* Ballin has really come on since his Origin experience and has given us some much needed spark. Hope Smith picks up another injury as another week in Qld Origin camp could work some more wonders for Matt.
* Our props looked a little lethargic and lacking impact tonight, starting to show signs of age I feel, not very dynamic. Big Georgie adds a bit of impact, but the other 3 ? I guess against Asotasi, Taylor and Burgess most packs look a little pedestrian.
* We have looked vulnerable up the middle in a few games this year and we really need to work on that.
* I'm liking Farrar more and more and really hope we can extend his contract. I would have preferred he had a crack at 5/8 tonight once Jamie went off.
* I'd have to put that game in the "lucky to win" category, we weren't the best side but managed to hang in there. Souths will be kicking themselves they couldn't put us away.

I agree with all that C & C.

I think Watmough must of lost one of his nuts, he's been ordinary this year.

Bailey should be released.

Ageed about Choc but I feel sorry for Bailey he is being used as a stop gap player and is thrown all over the field.

I really question Des theory of leaving Matai on the field, as soon as Souths worked out he was injured they targeted him for 2 try. Dont get me wrong I love Des but I could see Souths going his side for the first try and he left him on.

Yeah i would've thought Glenn could go to 6 and Bailey to Matai's centre and then bring in Joe.  But keeping him out there meant there was still some experienced combinations maybe?  I don't know, Matai did some good runs near the end!

Ballin for captain in lyon's absence!

may be a big contender for 2010 most overrated our boy Choc. He has to be injured!! He doesn't have that leg drive anymore. Just carts up and hits ground. Our left hand side is wher we use to run riot, not anymore, sureley won't play soo 3

Dan link said:
Ballin for captain in lyon's absence!

It would possibly be good but it would be a bit hard with Kingy already as co-captain.

i don't think we can win this years comp if lyon is not on the paddock

fit healthy lyon = success
no lyon = fail:(

brookie link said:

i don't think we can win this years comp if Bailey is on the paddock

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=183646.msg267873#msg267873 date=1276997692]

i don't think we can win this years comp if Bailey is on the paddock
[/quote]
true that too

Good write up C&C, and all very valid points. A few more from my perspective:-

+ Shane Rodney AGAIN played extremely well. What a buy !!
+ George Rose whilst making impact, needs to get more minutes, and needs to seriously work on his fitness.
+ I've always been a huge fan of Don Singe, but this year we look fat, slow and unfit, plus we are extremely injury prone now...what's happening (even Robertson looks as though he has lost pace and is porking up)?
+ I'd love to see Foran dominate more. I watched plenty of his NYC games, and he steered the team around the park. Screw TH, let that bloke play 2nd fiddle - our attack lacks precision and variety.
+ Our team is TOTALLY different when Lyon is there. PLEASE be available after the bye....we need you.
+ Disappointing crowd last night for whatever reason. That game should have attracted 15,000 minimum.

Lots of Souths fans tonight.  It was cold and Manly are not winning at Brookvale which may be a clue to the smallish crowd.  George Rose is fat and unfit and his lateral defense is crap.  It was a good win given Lyon's early departure and some busted players.  However it may well be a lonely drive to Penriff for me next Friday to see if we can pull off a miracle. 

Penrith will certainly be a test, but if we can snare a win, have the bye after that, we'll be sitting well up the ladder, with like you said earlier, a favorable draw, so no excuses really.

Hopefully Matai plays (he has a knack of backing up - he's just tough like that).

Seriously though as well, and sorry for the tangent...we SOOOO need Matai going forward...and I don't just mean this year. Make him a main stay at Brookie. When he is not injured, he just lifts the whole team (not like Lyon), but you know what I mean.

How do we beat Penrith though? If it is just Lyon out, I think we have then covered. Petero is injured I thought. The positive for us as well, is that they won this week...hopefully there is an element of complacency there.....and you know what?

I was VERY impressed with Des post match interview. He was very avid that we need to improve, and there are a lot of areas to focus on. Also, I think we ARE looking a bit better each week.

I'd love for us to string 80 minutes together against Penrith. Do that, and we are the best team in the competition in my opinion.

I really think Choc is missing his combination with Matt Orford at the moment, at the end of last year they worked beautifully together, this year he isn't getting that kind of service just yet

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4