Some potential Nood news about Joe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
good diversion tactics. love to see the big fellah get kitted up and run out there and warm up with the boys, let him soak up that atmosphere again and spur the young ones on with his experience. I'm sure there will be a few "18th men" kitted up and ready in case, so what harm in one more!
while it'd be great to see him in the squad, we need match fit players on the bench in case of any injury, he'd long run out of puff before gower and hassan in the event of having to play extra minutes.

mosto said:
tookey said:
The Daily Telegraph has learned Galuvao - ruled out for the season in April with a ruptured Achilles tendon - has this week resumed intensive training with the Sea Eagles in an extraordinary bid to bow out on the biggest stage.

Learned it from where??? This forum no doubt.

Silvertails...providing the Telegraph with their stories since 2004 :D

There's another article that claims they heard from club officials

CAMBO said:
mosto said:
tookey said:
The Daily Telegraph has learned Galuvao - ruled out for the season in April with a ruptured Achilles tendon - has this week resumed intensive training with the Sea Eagles in an extraordinary bid to bow out on the biggest stage.

Learned it from where??? This forum no doubt.

Silvertails...providing the Telegraph with their stories since 2004 :D

There's another article that claims they heard from club officials

Too convenient for the papers to call it today after we made the point he was training last week, noting it here during the weekend.

Dan should be earning royalties for paper sales/hits based on the amount of Manly stories in the media generated by our threads.

I think it's great news and worth the gamble but Smokin' Joe says he's available and keen to play this Sunday.

The decision now rests with Tooves I guess.

Watch Channel Ten Sport tonight!

Not looking too likely for Joe :-(

http://www.nrl.com/galuvao-grand-final-bid-set-to-fall-short/tabid/10874/newsid/74947/default.aspx

As much as I admire Joe I think it would be too much of a risk, particularly as we have two good replacements - Gower and Hasson. Of these two I'd plump for Gower. I think he is a lot better player than many people think. Given the opportunity I'm sure he would play his part. I read that he is unlikely to be re-signed for next year, which is a shame for him.
In several other NRL clubs he'd be in the starting 13.

The Who said:
As much as I admire Joe I think it would be too much of a risk, particularly as we have two good replacements - Gower and Hasson.

It is nice that we have to fight over the starting bench, rather than blooding someone who is not ready.

Pretty solid position.

Toovey on Gibsy's 2UE radio show last night said that Joe started training last week and was no chance of playing on Sunday.

1969 said:
The Who said:
As much as I admire Joe I think it would be too much of a risk, particularly as we have two good replacements - Gower and Hasson.

It is nice that we have to fight over the starting bench, rather than blooding someone who is not ready.

Pretty solid position.
Not bad. The 'starting bench'. I like it!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6