Some perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Ok watching that game was at times like poking your eyes out with knitting needles however it does it expose that without hoppa and Wang man we lack some depth in the outside backs.

However look at where parra hurt us, down our right hand side defensively, Lyon and Glenn were missing and parra very smartly exploited it. There's no way they would have had that much latitude if they played.

The other thing that it exposed is that Jamie is to Dce what toni carrol and then thaiday were to lockyer. I've never seen him shown up in d like he was tonight u forget how little he is and parra ran at him all night, he looked shagged come fulltime. Roberts ran at him all night.

The other concern is the failure to get our
Kicks away early in matches happened twice to Dce tonight and it happened to foz last week.

Darcy is lacking in confidence ATM is give him a spell in nsw cup and bring a fired up George rose back.

No need to panic yet we will get players back and it will click. It has to happen soonish.

Honestly I would consider starting lussick next week and bringing Kite off the bench.

bob dylan said:
Honestly I would consider starting lussick next week and bringing Kite off the bench.
Lussick needs some time in nsw cup to get his confidence back and get those little
Mistakes out of his game.

People bag George rose I've never seen
G make a poor read like that from marker, he played 50+
Minutes today and sounds like he has a point to prove I'd start with joe and king And have kite, g and Vic on the bench.

I'd be starting King and Joe with Kite and Rose off the bench and if we dont get decent go forward from them then we are stuffed.

bob dylan said:

I'd seriously think about bringing George Rose back on the bench. At least he can bend the defensive line. I can't recall either lussick or kite doing that tonight.

Bob, I thought Lussick and Kite played about as well as each other, and that's not a good thing. I know it's early days but when we got ahead 22 to 20 we should have sealed it up. Strangely that's was when parra got going and we didn't stay with them. On the front rowers, there seems to be no momentum when they take the ball. Lussick is standing still when he takes the ball and is easy meat for a defensive line. The plodders from Parra owned our guys tonight unfortunatly.

I can't disagree with one thing you say DSM5, my thinking for swapping Kite and Lussick is simply Darcy will not be in our top 17 when Glenn returns. He needs to be told this prior to next weeks game with a "it's now or never" speech.

Our props have been hammered three weeks in a row, and the only ace up our sleeve is George Rose, the opposition must be shaking in their boots.

Cambo said:
The other thing that it exposed is that Jamie is to Dce what toni carrol and then thaiday were to lockyer. I've never seen him shown up in d like he was tonight u forget how little he is and parra ran at him all night, he looked shagged come fulltime. Roberts ran at him all night.

The other concern is the failure to get our
Kicks away early in matches happened twice to Dce tonight and it happened to foz last week.

Darcy is lacking in confidence ATM is give him a spell in nsw cup and bring a fired up George rose back.

No need to panic yet we will get players back and it will click. It has to happen soonish.

Well said and thanks for instilling some hope.

Agree IMO DCE looked buggered tonight, taking forever to retrieve and kick balls obviously to get a breather but wasting precious time.

And yes we need George to replace Lussick, he's does nothing for us.

I read recently people bagging Mannah!! Was a giant last night! Notice The Moi Moi run, where were the forwards? All I saw was DCE, Whare, Wolfie and brett!!

They just look to be going thru the motions each weekend as though the actual game is just a sideshow to everything else going on, mainly the contracts situation.

In 2008 they played the eels in round 6 and a loss would have meant a 2-4 record. They were down but found a way to win and it proved to be one of the turning points in the season.

Next week against Penrith at Brookvale is the same situation. They need to get together this week and make the commitment to disregard all the negative things and do wherever it takes to get the win.

If we keep to perspective this Eels performance would have beaten most teams in the NRL & the dissapointing part for mine was after grinding back to hit the lead I watched us drop instead of lift the intensity.
Almost as though clawing back & leading would make this desperate team roll over - which they didnt.
This comes down to attitude & its the 1st time in a long time this has happened.
In the 2 wins & 3 losses have seen enough to be confident that when we are at full strength can compete with ANY team & WILL be there when the whips are cracking- long way to go.

MK Eagle said:
If we keep to perspective this Eels performance would have beaten most teams in the NRL . . .

No they were poor. But they did bust their guts and never gave up, and a couple of vintage Moi Moi & Hayne plays were enough against our sputtering lineup. I don't think Tooves will be losing his cool, he knows what's going on.

Manly scored the same number of tries as Parra - inspite of everyone bagging them here.

Manly just need to trust that the points will come with possesion and field position - we just seem too intent on passing the ball for the sake of it.

Brett has to hone his passes to Wolfy, the last two weeks he threw it 3 times behind the Wolfman. They need to work out their timing and all will be sunny once more.

Go Manly - home to God's own Country on Monday :heart:

SeaEagleRock8 said:
MK Eagle said:
If we keep to perspective this Eels performance would have beaten most teams in the NRL . . .

No they were poor. But they did bust their guts and never gave up, and a couple of vintage Moi Moi & Hayne plays were enough against our sputtering lineup. I don't think Tooves will be losing his cool, he knows what's going on.
Look - I was watching with a mate & commenting I expected more from Parramatta , they were their to be beaten. Our early intensity was what gave them a sniff imo.
Maybe the most teams is over the top tbh, but the effort they put in was up tempo by 40% on other games I have seen them in 2012 & would have beaten a decent share of the NRL teams.
Much as I dispise Storm ,Broncs & Illawarra they would have put that Eels performance to the sword by 30+ points making it pretty sad in many ways.
Your quote re Moi moi & Hayne + throw in Roberts against our "spluttering" lineup is accurate & unfortunately , sums it up

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8