Some news I heard about the juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Kieran Foran is seen as THE FUTURE by the club, supposedly Des raves about him and his ability!! Manly are going to take their time but is seen as very very talented!!is a 5/8

Heard our club is not interested in brother Liam (storm) insiders rate Kieran must more talented, even at this young age

toyota cup halfback Daly Cherry Evans- is noted for his attacking ability but unfortunately questions are being asked about his defence!!! sounding like an Aaron Groom so hopes his defence picks up. Has an enormous quality kicking game, one of the best I've seen in a  while in Toyota cup, it's a real worry and maybe that's why we have signed Hodkinson, the australian under 19's half from Parra!!!

totota cup 2nd rower Kenny Edwards- Australian schoolboys 2007
loaded with potential but his head isn't switched on to the footy, I have noticed some average games where he goes missing, big things WERE expected

toyota cup Sunshine Coast centre- Mark Page- quietly expecting big things to happen, has a real ability to be where he needs to be, quite small but quiet confidence he could go along way, club also extremely pleased as he is from Sunshine coast

PL Forward Junior Palau- a favourite of mine- currently bad injury put him out for season- not really on our radar, saw him yesterday, massive size, supposedly not focused on the game, has the size to be an absolute superstar

Jarrod Hargreaves-played 2 games yesterday- toyota and PL!!! Club very happy with him, very raw, has worked and got much better at quicker play of the balls, was very slow at start of season and that was causing concerns.

SG Ball- William Hopoate- seen as future star, club HAD to keep him at all costs!!! and it did cost alot!!!

Manly had 4 kids involved in aussie titles in Darwin,

I thought we showed interest for Liam Foran at one stage but i remember reading some where that he wanted to stay with the Storm for a while longer.?

Thanks Darren if we can get a few of this guys ready for NRL in the next season or two it will be great

Thats great news about Kieran Foran.  Do you think Des would comtemplate playing him for a few games while Lyon is out injured??  Given that the boys are going so well, might not be a bad move to give him a few games in top grade outside of Orford.  There will be enough experience around him to help him out surely.

nah, kieran is too young, He only turned 18 last week so could be still playing sg ball!!! He isn't the biggest but has years to develop with weights etc, he ain't like Wade Graham for example, I can't see him playing 1st grade with us till 2010!! He will probably play PL or whatever next year but remember can still play Totota cup next year!!!

Daly cherry is 19 and questions are already being asked about his defence so no way Des will play him

I'd say it is Robson at best, halden would have beenthe reserve but injured!! why we don't sign someone short term is beyond me, robson has and is always been poor

Darren - any idea how James Cunningham is rated by the club?

I understand he is one of the 4 players in the aussie titles. 

gday Tookey, I have watched him play 3-4 games I think, I don't know any info apart from a story 2 months ago that officials were excited on how quickly he was learning and progressing, he's got good size and mobility yet if he plays the islander kids he's around average size if that helps. I was impressed in how long he played as a front rower in stints, bit like kitey!! 

Bit hard with props, it seems they get better with age!!! We haven't really had a local kid as a gun prop since Kingy!! The club would want to be careful of him getting bashed up too early in his career!! Next year will be interesting as he will play sg ball and come up to Toyota cup when junior program finishes. I think Hoppa will be in the same team!! problem is our junior teams depth this year was very poor!

I know we shouldn't compare but I went to Penrith for the juniors this year. Young hoppa was the only one doing anything in both grades. Hopefully, we can bring some bigger, talented kids in!!!

Depends if there is any money for juniors??? To be honest, what does it really matter, a previous post of mine showed a handful of 2004 making nrl, parra etc spend a fortune on schooling etc ,does it help???

Note; Panthers crop of kids are unbelievable, we haven't heard of at least 7 in junior grades that will be dynamic, kid in matts called seika is years ahead of under 16's

Would totally focus on waiting for kids like wade graham at 21 who may want to leave for bigger dough!! He won't blossom for 2-3 years yet and like Tony Williams, that's when we should grab them, 1st grade ready

I remember talking to Dennis Moore a few years ago and he said that compared to what is spent on juniors by clubs like Dragons, Parra etc we basically are the paupers - things might be changing if the sign of Hoppa Jnr is any indication.

Darren link said:
Note; Panthers crop of kids are unbelievable, we haven't heard of at least 7 in junior grades that will be dynamic, kid in matts called seika is years ahead of under 16's

Harry Seijka. He's a machine. Matt Elliott has huge expectations of him. Very gifted player, even at his age, and certainly would be a great one to steal!! Except he signed a three year deal earlier this year to stay at the Panthers. There's no way they'll let him go.

gday will, seika is extremely talented, he did the right thing signing for 3 more years, he is still at home with parents and local area etc, end of contract will make him near 20 and looking for big money and opportunities, depends who can offer him the best future, ala tony williams no loyalty only bucks, can;t blame him though

remember fittler, left panthers when he was ready in early 20's, been groomed and all that and then 'hello Bondi" lifestyle has alot to do with it, living in bondi, north shore, cronulla etc is a drawcard

likes of canberra and some western areas isn't. I did hear a rumour that Bulldogs struggle to get big names due to that south west Sydney perception of growing violence etc!! and no, I'm no snob etc I live in Wollongong so no hoy peloy here :D

just always knew I lived in God's country lol, quite simple really  ;D

In reality, loyalty is long gone, money is the key and opportunities, understandable when players have 10 years to make their lifestyle forever

Yeah it is Will and Penrith Panthers owns Bathurst leagues so there is a strong link there.

Seijka is widely thought of as a bit of a wanker in these parts.

I was in Bathurst in the Days of Railway, Charlstons and St Pats as three of the teams in Group 10. At that time the equivalent of CSU had four of the 7 Uni comp rep team backline, ahead of a reserve back with the surname of Hasler (who later did ok as a league player. A guy who couldn't make the Mitchell first team was the star player for St Pats.

Michell were also unbeatable in the Rugby in those days with Bathurst as the other top team - five of the Mitchell team went on to play Country and two played for the Wobblies later. Footy was strong in Bathurst in those days.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4