Some interesting selection headaches

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think you are selling Tom Turbo short. He's a once-in-a-generation player. Not only does he have a freakish scoring rate (currently 1.36 for every match) he is unselfish, passing to teammates when he could score himself. He also is excellent under the high ball and in catching cross kicks.
There is not many truer sayings than: if you are good enough you are old enough.

Playing outside Jamie lyon you want a player with speed. Hiku and Jorge tafua would probably get beaten by DCE over the 100 meters. From what I have seen from tom trbojevic he is probably the fastest at the club.

Y
Exactly. How were the raiders yesterday. Hitting Matai on the nose every chance the got. Be dirty if we didn't do the same thou. But u would think we would have got a few penalties out of it.
you seem to be forgetting that we are manly, different set of rules when it comes to us !!

I think you are selling Tom Turbo short. He's a once-in-a-generation player. Not only does he have a freakish scoring rate (currently 1.36 for every match) he is unselfish, passing to teammates when he could score himself. He also is excellent under the high ball and in catching cross kicks.
There is not many truer sayings than: if you are good enough you are old enough.

I'd have Tom playing as a sort of defacto fullback - obviously in opposition half Stewart is the best in the business BUT on kick returns and in our own half he has lost all interest in doing anything. I hope in 2016 well sharpen our our back 3 by rotating Stewart and Turbo through fullback depending on field position.

I'm a Hiku fan and dont think he needs to be dropped BUT it was quite noteiceable yesterday the Raiders had a lot more punch from their back 3 via Edrick Lee and Jack Wighton on kick return. An area Brett no longer excels in.

Watching Turbo Jr in the 20s, he seems to have so much time. He could surpass Stewart as our greatest fullback since Graham Eadie.

I think he will be bloody good, but we have to remember not to get too carried away. That try he set up v Brisbane shows that he is very capable and will have a long NRL career, personally I think he still has things to work on as well though before being an automatic pick wen all options are available, defence is 1 of those areas

Taufua and Hiku are also good coming in for a run early in our sets on our own line, can see Tom getting monstered in that area at the moment too

A full off season coming up and he should be flying by the start of next season

I think he will be bloody good, but we have to remember not to get too carried away. That try he set up v Brisbane shows that he is very capable and will have a long NRL career, personally I think he still has things to work on as well though before being an automatic pick wen all options are available, defence is 1 of those areas

Taufua and Hiku are also good coming in for a run early in our sets on our own line, can see Tom getting monstered in that area at the moment too

A full off season coming up and he should be flying by the start of next season
OK. I respect that opinion. However, Tom Turbo is not small. He's much taller than Hiku and is bulking up.

Playing outside Jamie lyon you want a player with speed. Hiku and Jorge tafua would probably get beaten by DCE over the 100 meters. From what I have seen from tom trbojevic he is probably the fastest at the club.
No Brett is. Tom is not fast or quick from a standing position, one of the reasons he gets caught out on the wing when he tries to get back into position, rather his speeds builds up as he is running. Brett's is still explosive from a standing still and can step quickly as well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6