Some good news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah Perry is a genius, have a parade on a Thursday!! Why wouldn't you want to make it a family even, very disappointed in this. Where is the forward thinking!! Can honestly say I don't agree with paragraph 10.

no, but games like Warriors can generate alot more cash and obviously we keep going back to Bluetongue so we must receive a fair bit there as well. Until we get a stadium that allows us to make the money that giving away games do, then so be it! Play 8-10 games at home is fine. Places like sfs, leichardt, parra, anz, bluetongue aren't far for Sydney fans.

Try this, take us out of the gf and the win, maybe us getting beat in the semi, we would have lost over 1 million dollars in 2012!! Penn already put in 600 grand with Quantam, is that a good financial model for the future?

We can't keep banking on winning gf's every year to BREAK EVEN.

I'm sure players are probably leaving straight after the parade to head overseas etc. I do see your point but maybe a fair few players want out of Sydney for awhile.

Darren said:
no, but games like Warriors can generate alot more cash and obviously we keep going back to Bluetongue so we must receive a fair bit there as well. Until we get a stadium that allows us to make the money that giving away games do, then so be it! Play 8-10 games at home is fine. Places like sfs, leichardt, parra, anz, bluetongue aren't far for Sydney fans.

Try this, take us out of the gf and the win, maybe us getting beat in the semi, we would have lost over 1 million dollars in 2012!! Penn already put in 600 grand with Quantam, is that a good financial model for the future?

We can't keep banking on winning gf's every year to BREAK EVEN.

Darren, Your logic is flawed. Do you want us to become 'The Manly Nomads'? At Brookie, especially now as premiers, we can get home crowds of 20,000. Why would you reduce our chance of a win to play at Leichhardt (smaller than Brookie), Parra and Bluetongue (about the same size), SFS (where we got only 13,000 to a semi final), and ANZ where no fan wants to be?
Why dilute the Brookie Fortress effect? The more games we win the bigger the crowds, the greater the revenue and the greater the chances of winning another GF?

I see where you are coming from but even our 20k crowds have brought a huge loss due to no corporates. The $$$ guarantee at Bluetongue before anyone sits down allows so much more profit. I don't like seeing us giving games away from Brookie but we have to be more realistic in the short term. We have to try and break even. Wait until salary cap goes up!! Hoppa has been snatched, Des and Crusher thrown huge dough!! We have to compete financially and when cap goes up we are in trouble.

I meant Sydney grounds so at least we can see the team!

The Who, I think your logic is slightly flawed. You don't take into account the missed corporate sponsorship opportunities, each time a game is played at Brookvale in it's current state.
The clubs financial future is more important than wanting every home game to be played out of a dilapidated ground.

Darren said:
Wait until salary cap goes up!! Hoppa has been snatched, Des and Crusher thrown huge dough!! We have to compete financially and when cap goes up we are in trouble.

I'm sure that by then smart guys like you will be worth squillions and will be only too happy to support the club financially!
Unfortunately for me, I'm past me peak earning period.

mate, I'm just a school teacher!! My $80 membership and bit of clothing each year wouldn't probably pay Joe's travel expenses. Corporates are where the cream is made (see Broncos) Our $25 gate entry doesn't do alot, does help. When you think Des is getting offered 700k (coach, not players) that's 30,000 fans in the gate to just pay the coach. When we have rain we get 12k tops!! NRL TV rights are to blame big time as well!! Game is so undervalued at present.

Phoenix said:
Yeah Perry is a genius, have a parade on a Thursday!! Why wouldn't you want to make it a family even, very disappointed in this. Where is the forward thinking!! Can honestly say I don't agree with paragraph 10.

I guess that may have more to do with the player availability, Friday is the awards night and i am sure they celebrated well into monday / tuesday gives them today to recover parade tomorrow then awards night friday then their end of season trip. Add signing sessions and last minute club commitments in this busy week.

Jonesyv2 said:
Phoenix said:

I guessthat may have more to do with the player availability, Friday is the awards night and i am sure they celebrated well into monday / tuesday gives them today to recover parade tomorrow then awards night then their end of season trip.

You don't think all the fans should get the chance to celebrate together? Having the parade on a weekday makes no sense even if it Is the school holidays. I believe the supporter base is the foundation of a strong club and they should be given the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations. Why are matches not played on a Thursday night? Because the fans can't make it! Now the pinnacle event which Is the celebration of OUR team is being held on a Thursday @ midday? Come on!!!

Darren said:
I see where you are coming from but even our 20k crowds have brought a huge loss due to no corporates. The $$$ guarantee at Bluetongue before anyone sits down allows so much more profit. I don't like seeing us giving games away from Brookie but we have to be more realistic in the short term. We have to try and break even. Wait until salary cap goes up!! Hoppa has been snatched, Des and Crusher thrown huge dough!! We have to compete financially and when cap goes up we are in trouble.

I meant Sydney grounds so at least we can see the team!

When the salary cap goes up the NRL grant will significantly rise to match this. I don't think we will have any issues there. But you are right otherwise, if we have to move 2 or even 4 matches to make money then so be it. If we can get this upgrade to Brookie then maybe we won't need to do this but until such time we need to do what it take to bring in the cash.

This article is awesome news, but we need to keep moving forward because we can't win the premiership every year.

WAMF said:
The Who, I think your logic is slightly flawed. You don't take into account the missed corporate sponsorship opportunities, each time a game is played at Brookvale in it's current state.
The clubs financial future is more important than wanting every home game to be played out of a dilapidated ground.

I don't think anyone disputes that Brookie needs more corporate facilities, but corporate support will come from on-field success as we have had this season. Everyone likes to be associated with a winner.
Parra, Easts, Souths and Canterbury all play out of modern stadiums, but I'll bet they would swap the extra corporate boxes for the success we've had playing at Brookvale.
We are different to these others 'beige' Sydney teams. That's why we attract so much attention. It's also an important reason why we are successful.

agree The Who, their hearts would take a grand final win but probably lucklily for their club, the financial guys think with their head. I know we seem different in opinion. If we could guarantee 20k to EVERY home game I reckon we would have minimal or small losses but when it rains or we get Monday night games that is when we get financially smashed. I do remember some bad weather times and crowds were low (understandably)

Phoenix said:
Jonesyv2 said:
Phoenix said:

I guessthat may have more to do with the player availability, Friday is the awards night and i am sure they celebrated well into monday / tuesday gives them today to recover parade tomorrow then awards night then their end of season trip.

You don't think all the fans should get the chance to celebrate together? Having the parade on a weekday makes no sense even if it Is the school holidays. I believe the supporter base is the foundation of a strong club and they should be given the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations. Why are matches not played on a Thursday night? Because the fans can't make it! Now the pinnacle event which Is the celebration of OUR team is being held on a Thursday @ midday? Come on!!!

Get over it. You had that opportunity after the GF at either Homebush, the Brookvale Oval live site, or in the Leagues Club.

Phantar said:
Phoenix said:
Jonesyv2 said:
Phoenix said:

Get over it. You had that opportunity after the GF at either Homebush, the Brookvale Oval live site, or in the Leagues Club.

Get over it??? Mate I was at the Grandfinal. I am talking about the day as family whole event I gather you don't have a family. All three of those Venues would not be friendly for a five year old!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4