Some exceptional news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Uh guys. Mates can be racists. And if anyone chases a life in politics you would hope they at least had the wherewithal to realise they inhabit the 21st century if not the decency to function in it.

Joni and Cameron leave ser8 alone he said nothing about your friend that wasn't in the public domain and quite frankly the choice of someone like this despite how they may have repented and or been taken out of character at a difficult time of their lives is irrelevant. The way a selection like this might alienate potential sponsors and fans and parents at game day canteens is undeniable.

I don't know the bloke and don't pretend to but it would be a no from me with my knowledge of his public persona despite how good a bloke he may be and despite my understanding of mistakes in a persons history.

Jono said:
Napper said:
How racist is that comment though really?

Doesn't mean he is a racist. I have told people a racist joke or 2 in my life, doesn't make me a racist.

Thats what i was getting at. I don't think that comment is as bad as its made out.

north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

If he was a nobody, not a single **** would be given about what he said, obviously an inappropriate joke but we hold supposed celebrities to standards so far above anyone else that his home becomes the most vile thing on the face of the earth

north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

Really?? I don't think so.

I call my mate (who is half indigenous) the black fella or blackie and he comes to my house and calls me every two days.

Am i racist?

My cousin who is half samoan calls me a white dog every now and then. I dont think he is racist.

Napper said:
north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

No you wouldn't think so napper but you would be wrong. If you can't see what is racist about inferring the relationship between a couple is based on one of them 'ordering' the other from a catalogue and then receiving them in the mail then you are a first order boof head and I feel sorry for you and your struggles through a world that has left you behind.

Napper said:
north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

Look he said it ,he also patted a female jurno on the butt after a few drinks.(Bob Hawke did much worse). His own party put him in (libs). He has paid the price, he lost his job.
Mind you the libs would of won if they kept him there as Deadman got floged by labor who had no right to win that year.
He was a young man and he has paid for it.
Give him the job as he is a good leader and has paid his dues.

Top End Eagle said:
Napper said:
north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

No you wouldn't think so napper but you would be wrong. If you can't see what is racist about inferring the relationship between a couple is based on one of them 'ordering' the other from a catalogue and then receiving them in the mail then you are a first order boof head and I feel sorry for you and your struggles through a world that has left you behind.

Maybe there was a stamp stuck to her back so he assumed she was. Mail order brides aren't just asian.

Napper said:
Top End Eagle said:
Napper said:
north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

Maybe there was a stamp stuck to her back so he assumed she was. Mail order brides aren't just asian.

Also. Until i read the article and saw his wife i didn't even see where it could be deemed racist. AND, in your little lecture you gave me you made no mention of race so im still yet to hear you explain it.

If it was my decision I wouldnt have any ex politician in the job. Would rather see the best commercial manager they can find.

Anyway, back to the TV rights. What is Channel #9 (the home of rugby league, lol) going to do if they lose the rights? I bet their next point of call will be to follow 7 down the pathway of gutter trash TV.

Jatz Crackers said:
If it was my decision I wouldnt have any ex politician in the job. Would rather see the best commercial manager they can find.

Anyway, back to the TV rights. What is Channel #9 (the home of rugby league, lol) going to do if they lose the rights? I bet their next point of call will be to follow 7 down the pathway of gutter trash TV.

Id rather it stay at 9 under better conditions.

Yeah right! Good one napper! A stamp stuck to the back of her head. Priceless. That's how you tell they are mail order. Ha ha ha! Mate I don't know the colour of your skin, your religious practices or anything other than that you are a fierce manly supporter but I think we should probably all leave the political and social commentary for another forum.

And get on with talking manly.

Napper said:
Top End Eagle said:
Napper said:
north coast eagle said:
Napper said:

Very

Napper said:
Top End Eagle said:
Napper said:
north coast eagle said:

Also. Until i read the article and saw his wife i didn't even see where it could be deemed racist. AND, in your little lecture you gave me you made no mention of race so im still yet to hear you explain it.

He said sorry,It was in a bar he had a few drinks. He didn't say it publicly.
It should not have been repeated. Move on guys. He would be good in the job. He has learned from his mistake's. It has made him a better man. He has done lots of good things in business since.

Napper said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Id rather it stay at 9 under better conditions.

I don't care who gets it this is what i think the game should demand (maybe #3 is a bit harsh LOL).

1) All games live (Same time slot games to be a viewers choice on 9 or GEM, or 10 or ONE HD)
2) Fixed date & time Schedule for the entire season
3) No Ray Hadley
4) fairness in what days teams play on spread it as evenly as possible, no more broncos Friday each team taking their share of home Monday night games.

I'm not as anti-CH9 as some people. Sure they do a lot of things that annoy me, but in terms of the production of their overall telecast of their sports I think they are easily the best commercial station in Australia. Ch7 & 10 pre and post game stuff for most of their sport is farily ordinary in comparision. Ch9 have treated the game poorly in the past, but they are finally going to pay whats its worth and I think that will mean an improvement for us as the viewer. I'm happy for ch9 to continue broadcasting as long at they fix up a few things.

I'm not a huge fan of the fixed schedule. Whilst I'd like some sharing of games around, I don't like the idea coming into the last few weeks of the season and the friday night games are more important for the wooden spoon than the top 8. I think a decent compromise would be having the first 20 odd rounds scheduled in advance than planning the last part of the season around that time.

I'd still think 9 is the favourite. They really can't afford to lose the rights and I'm fairly certain they have the option in their favour to make the final bid. That still puts them in the box seat.

Jono said:
SER8, I never at any point in the post said anything specifically about YOUR past.
Neither did I about Brogden. I made a judgment of him as of now, as you have done of me.
Jono said:
So, no I won't apologise because you, and only you, were the one who decided to be a smartarse and belittle a man with great integrity, and probably the nicest and most genuine guys I have met in my life without knowing the facts. That says a lot because I have met A LOT of people in my life so far.
It wasn't a smartarse comment, it was a comment reflecting my genuine loathing of racist and sexist behaviour. Not being a family friend, as you are, I did not know he was a man of integrity. How could I know?
Jono said:
If you read it again I said you went down in my estimations because you made a snide remark without knowing the truth, that in no way is belittling your past or what you have been through. I never have done this either and I don't see a need to apologise. My post still stands.
You judged me. My comment was not snide it was plain and direct. Yes, I didn't know 'the truth', how would I?
Jono said:
PS: I'm not the one you should be apologising to anyways for your comments. I'm just standing up for a man that has been through enough as it is from the media.
For clarification – I said "Brogden?? Both racist and sexist. Would set the game back 20 years in the blink of an eye".

What I should have said, of course, was, "Brogden?? He behaved in a racist and sexist manner several years ago and got chucked out of politics, but who knows, maybe he has redeemed himself".

So my apology stands, but it's an apology to Silvertails, & specifically to a drum-toting Manly fan who I was pleased to meet briefly on the Gold Coast a few years ago. I'm not apologising to Brogden, in fact he'll get 100 apologies from Helena Carr, and another 20 or 30 from John Howard, before he ever gets one from me.

As for denying that you made any unfair judgment of me – for example without knowing why I so vehemently detest racism, or why I’m disgusted and infuriated by behaviour that disrespects women - that is disappointing, but probably not entirely unexpected. There is apparently a growing camp on this site that enjoys deriding any attempt at principled discussion of important issues, preferring to brush it aside with a sniggering ‘PC gone mad again’. Thanks for lending your weight to that camp.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jono said:
SER8, I never at any point in the post said anything specifically about YOUR past.
Neither did I about Brogden. I made a judgment of him as of now, as you have done of me.
Jono said:
So, no I won't apologise because you, and only you, were the one who decided to be a smartarse and belittle a man with great integrity, and probably the nicest and most genuine guys I have met in my life without knowing the facts. That says a lot because I have met A LOT of people in my life so far.
It wasn't a smartarse comment, it was a comment reflecting my genuine loathing of racist and sexist behaviour. Not being a family friend, as you are, I did not know he was a man of integrity. How could I know?
Jono said:
If you read it again I said you went down in my estimations because you made a snide remark without knowing the truth, that in no way is belittling your past or what you have been through. I never have done this either and I don't see a need to apologise. My post still stands.
You judged me. My comment was not snide it was plain and direct. Yes, I didn't know 'the truth', how would I?
Jono said:
PS: I'm not the one you should be apologising to anyways for your comments. I'm just standing up for a man that has been through enough as it is from the media.
For clarification – I said "Brogden?? Both racist and sexist. Would set the game back 20 years in the blink of an eye".

What I should have said, of course, was, "Brogden?? He behaved in a racist and sexist manner several years ago and got chucked out of politics, but who knows, maybe he has redeemed himself".

So my apology stands, but it's an apology to Silvertails, & specifically to a drum-toting Manly fan who I was pleased to meet briefly on the Gold Coast a few years ago. I'm not apologising to Brogden, in fact he'll get 100 apologies from Helena Carr, and another 20 or 30 from John Howard, before he ever gets one from me.

As for denying that you made any unfair judgment of me – for example without knowing why I so vehemently detest racism, or why I’m disgusted and infuriated by behaviour that disrespects women - that is disappointing, but probably not entirely unexpected. There is apparently a growing camp on this site that enjoys deriding any attempt at principled discussion of important issues, preferring to brush it aside with a sniggering ‘PC gone mad again’. Thanks for lending your weight to that camp.
You probably need to get your facts straight the man wasn't kicked out of politics he had a pretty bad breakdown and resigned from state politics

Its a very polarising and high profile job. Why would they consider someone whose solution to stress is attempted suicide:huh:

The one thing RL has always had, was factions. Whoever is appointed will have half offside from the start.

What about David Hill? He was a headkicker at State Rail back in the 80s and had RL connections.

I find it interesting, that since Gallop resigned, the ARLC has run smoothly and without any DT screamer headlines:cool:

HappilyManly said:
Its a very polarising and high profile job. Why would they consider someone whose solution to stress is attempted suicide:huh:

The one thing RL has always had, was factions. Whoever is appointed will have half offside from the start.

What about David Hill? He was a headkicker at State Rail back in the 80s and had RL connections.

I find it interesting, that since Gallop resigned, the ARLC has run smoothly and without any DT screamer headlines:cool:

I'm sure you meant nothing hurtful by the highlighted statement....but it's kind of a narrow minded way to look at mental health and suicide.

Sounds like we need a John Brogden appreciation forum. The guy has more support on here than Geoff Toovey.

You probably need to get your facts straight the man wasn't kicked out of politics he had a pretty bad breakdown and resigned from state politics

He resigned as leader of the opposition (which we all know means he was pushed) because of the controversy surrounding his allegedly racist and sexist behaviour, then had his meltdown IIRC.

Jono said:
John Brogden was the member for Pittwater for over 10 years, and was guaranteed to be Premier in NSW until everything went wrong and he admitted to depression, and left politics. The man is a good family friend of mine, has outstanding character and is a great businessman as well. He loves his family dearly and has the respect of a lot of the community, on both sides of politics He has numerous contacts throughout the business world and I would have been happy to see him on the Commission Board.

The NRL would be extremely lucky to have a man like him in charge. Manly would have a ally as well. Even though he was from Balmain and supports the Tigers, he was a member for our area, and still lives in the area as well.

He made two small mistakes that were completely out of character for him in the span of a week, then gave up the leadership of the Opposition because he knew he'd done wrong. He then admitted that this was a part of a larger issue of depression, which he has now got over. This happened back in 2005.

Anyone that makes snide comments about the man not knowing what he went through and what he has accomplished both before and after those couple of mistakes (which we can all make) need to take a real hard look at themselves, because you have gone down in my estimations, and probably the estimations of a lot of people in this state who will agree with me. He is not sexist and he is most certainly not a racist. Get your facts straight.

I'm sure a lot of Todd Greenburg and Des Haslers mates would also say they are good people, doesnt stop some people on this forum giving it to them.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6