some evidence Des is enjoying first year syndrome

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For the record i think Tooves and Matt Parish are doing a great job considering injuries. And unfortunately Tooves cant improve on last season he can only equal it or do worse. He cant enjoy first year syndrome as he didnt take over a **** club like the Dogs.

For the record i think Tooves and Matt Parish are doing a great job considering injuries. And unfortunately Tooves cant improve on last season he can only equal it or do worse. He cant enjoy first year syndrome as he didnt take over a **** club like the Dogs.

sean1976 said:
Just to counter some of the super coach hype that De$ is being tagged with, its interesting to consider how many coaches in their first year at a club do well. In the last few years the list includes:
Daniel ANderson (parramatta Grand final first year 2009, sacked the following year)
Brian Smith (Roosters, 2010 grandfinal, have failed to make the semi's since.
Ricky Stewart (sharks 2008 - first year Joint minor premiership, failed to make the semi's the following 2 years - resigned mid season)
Kevin Moore, the man Des replaced (got the Dogs close to the Minor premiership in his first year and then crashed the next two years, sacked mid season).
Add to that short term coaches like Jason Taylor and Jim Dymock who turned around losing streaks.
Coaching's a fickle business, and I wouldn't be calling Des a super coach just yet.
Anyway, just a thought, as the rapid deification of Hasler, good coach that he is, and the gloating of the Sea Beagle fans, is turning my stomach.

Well doesn't look good for Tooves then. If we make the GF then Tooves will be gone in a year or 2 also. Maybe we can get on the coaching merry go round like those successful clubs Parra,Penrith,Sharks.
FFS I can't believe I'm responding to another F***ing De$ thread.:flogger:

sean1976 said:
Just to counter some of the super coach hype that De$ is being tagged with, its interesting to consider how many coaches in their first year at a club do well. In the last few years the list includes:
Daniel ANderson (parramatta Grand final first year 2009, sacked the following year)
Brian Smith (Roosters, 2010 grandfinal, have failed to make the semi's since.
Ricky Stewart (sharks 2008 - first year Joint minor premiership, failed to make the semi's the following 2 years - resigned mid season)
Kevin Moore, the man Des replaced (got the Dogs close to the Minor premiership in his first year and then crashed the next two years, sacked mid season).
Add to that short term coaches like Jason Taylor and Jim Dymock who turned around losing streaks.
Coaching's a fickle business, and I wouldn't be calling Des a super coach just yet.
Anyway, just a thought, as the rapid deification of Hasler, good coach that he is, and the gloating of the Sea Beagle fans, is turning my stomach.

Well doesn't look good for Tooves then. If we make the GF then Tooves will be gone in a year or 2 also. Maybe we can get on the coaching merry go round like those successful clubs Parra,Penrith,Sharks.
FFS I can't believe I'm responding to another F***ing De$ thread.:flogger:

The bloke had something to say and it was his first post.

If you don't want to read it, ****en don't!

Welcome to the forum Sean. Hope you have a thick skin! There are alot of special people on here.

The bloke had something to say and it was his first post.

If you don't want to read it, ****en don't!

Welcome to the forum Sean. Hope you have a thick skin! There are alot of special people on here.

Utility Player said:
The Eagle said:
he goes elsewhere and tells everyone you're a s**t merkin to any paper that will listen
Small problem, all I have read or heard Des say is that Manly are the benchmark and the team to beat.

Heard of his parting shots at the board?

Utility Player said:
The Eagle said:
he goes elsewhere and tells everyone you're a s**t merkin to any paper that will listen
Small problem, all I have read or heard Des say is that Manly are the benchmark and the team to beat.

Heard of his parting shots at the board?

What do you expect him to say? They were all so lovely to work with? Can't imagine too many people when they left their employment on bad terms gushing platitudes about the place. After 6 months of reading the say stuff about Des just worded differently it's like the old saying "build a bridge and get over it"
People are starving in the world and living in wars! Penn, Tooves, Des, Greenburg are all living as millionaires and life is like that in their world, cut throat.

What do you expect him to say? They were all so lovely to work with? Can't imagine too many people when they left their employment on bad terms gushing platitudes about the place. After 6 months of reading the say stuff about Des just worded differently it's like the old saying "build a bridge and get over it"
People are starving in the world and living in wars! Penn, Tooves, Des, Greenburg are all living as millionaires and life is like that in their world, cut throat.

Darren said:

If you've got nothing nice to say, shut your treacherous mouth!

Darren said:

If you've got nothing nice to say, shut your treacherous mouth!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4