Some common sense written by one of our rivals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
In light of the Ben Barba case, I found this paragraph written by the boss of the Bulldogs main sponsor Jaycar in todays Australian newspaper. He says what most fair footy fans believe about the treatment of our Brett Stewart.

"Canterbury's major sponsor, Gary Johnston, chief executive of Jaycar Electronics, reopened an old wound when he called on the ARL Commission to offer Stewart a full and unreserved apology for the way he was treated four years ago.

Stewart was suspended by the then NRL and stripped of his status as the face of the game in 2009 after being charged with sexual assault. He was later cleared. The ARL Commission has stood by its handling of the matter but Johnston yesterday called for the game's administration to apologise to Stewart.

"I think it would be a good thing to do, I think it would be a right thing to do," Johnston said.

"I am an old Wests Magpies supporter and I remember the days when all the best Wests players were poached by Kenny Arthurson.

"I have no love for Manly but I don't like injustices, no matter where they happen. It would cost them nothing to do it and it would show them as having a bit of integrity, which a lot of the football public would admire. When you're wrong, you should fess up."

Stewart does deserve an apology.

Nice to read an honest, level headed comment from a non-manly supporter.

Goes to show some Manly haters still respect us.

Bulldogs fans love to label anyone raising the issue of injustice in the Stewart case as whingers and that no apology is warranted.

For a dogs sponsor to come out & say this publicly is priceless.

It will never happen.

There will never be enough pressure on the NRL to offer any sort of apology.

Is he sucking up to Brett knowing the Scumdogs are about to table him a deal as he still isn't registered with Manly?

Nthn NSW said:
Is he sucking up to Brett knowing the Scumdogs are about to table him a deal as he still isn't registered with Manly?

Brett wouldn't fit in at that club.... He was not guilty.

trojanhorse.gif

Don't believe the kind words, always be vigilant.

lol, nice one bones

What a smokescreen.:mad:
The Jaycar muppet is also the one who proclaimed that all women entering a Pub should expect to be verbally abused FFS:mad::mad:

Who will be the investigative Journo who has enough brains to ask
'Is Barba's offence a contravention of ASADA rules?'
He would have been out for 2 years for illegal/party drugs instead of a brief stay in rehab.
Seems odd that the EBC would be mere alcoholics:dodgy:

Greenturd was quick to claim its not a police matter, but no dimwit present had the nouse to follow up with the bleeding obvious.
His concern for Barba is a simple protection of the Dogs Playing Group asset.
Funny seeing the Son of Sam being made to tow a party line :p

Brett was financially decimated defending a false charge, the NRL apology is too little too late.
I trust that Manly inform us ASAP that all is Happy at Manly :angel:

^Update - Thanks Mr Perry for keeping our Family together :angel:

RL Gronk said:
@happilymanly why do you call Dog Hasler son of Sam?

Because he is controlled by a Dog:p

You would have to have been alive in the 70's to get the association.
After his arrest by New York police in August 1977, David Berkowitz (known as the Son of Sam Serial Killer) was indicted for eight shooting incidents. Berkowitz confessed to all of them and claimed that he was commanded to kill by a demon that possessed his neighbor's dog.

While I completely agree with his sentiments, what right does this bloke have to get his opinion in the media on every topic? I can't think of a single other sponsor (excuding major NRL sponsors such as Telstra) having their views aired publicly.

Whilst Gary Johnston's opinion is welcome, why does Gary feel it's necessary to qualify his comments with 'I always hated Manly' or suchlike? He should just get over it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8