Some big personal news that has impact on the site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good luck Dan, sounds like a nice opportunity.

You have already achieved a great deal, assisting the boys on the road to their 9th Premiership trophy, and been an integral part of the greatest sporting club that ever laced up a boot.

You job is all but done, well done, and thanks :)

Dan said:
jbb/james said:
nice news.Good luck

im currently going through the process of moving countries right now.At least you dont have to worry about schools yet. Its no fun .the process

Trying to move a 5 year renovation forward to a 4 week reno and have the house ready for renters by October 10 thats scary, once complete well then I will feel better about things.

I will be moving 2 months before Matilda and my wife, which will be horrible, but you are right I don't have the headache of schools yet

We have been lucky we moved from brissie to sydney in december so we got the house rented out and its going nice. We are renters now which is heaps easier, and one less hassle and a big one

Leaving the family for 2 months will be hard . Poor bugger.

jbb/james said:
Dan said:
jbb/james said:
nice news.Good luck

im currently going through the process of moving countries right now.At least you dont have to worry about schools yet. Its no fun .the process

Trying to move a 5 year renovation forward to a 4 week reno and have the house ready for renters by October 10 thats scary, once complete well then I will feel better about things.

I will be moving 2 months before Matilda and my wife, which will be horrible, but you are right I don't have the headache of schools yet

We have been lucky we moved from brissie to sydney in december so we got the house rented out and its going nice. We are renters now which is heaps easier, and one less hassle and a big one

It will be a relief to be a renter again with the house paying for itself. Not to mention the complete clean out of all our posessions.

Dan

Dan said:
jbb/james said:
Dan said:
jbb/james said:
nice news.Good luck

It will be a relief to be a renter again with the house paying for itself. Not to mention the complete clean out of all our posessions.

Dan

Its been really liberating being a renter again. We downsized a fair bit but need to continue to do so. We have had so much fun this year, heaps less housework, yardwork, living central rather than the burbs.

Congratulations Dan! Now is the time you really get to see exactly how much junk you've collected over the years. lol :)

Well done on new role Dan, I am sure it is one that is most deserved and you have put in the hours and dedication that was required.

You have seen this site through its birth, its formative years and its rebellious teenage years. It has now grown into a very mature place to visit and enjoy. Your deserve all the kudos for what this site has grown up to be.

Great stuff Dan.
Willy you have time to get down to a finals game for one last silvertails beer?

The role represents a new career path for me totally. I work in basically support now, I will be moving to more of a sales role, as a Solutions Engineer.

The company I work for is in the education space and the region I will be looking after is Benelux.

So should be an exciting and busy time, plus I will have lots of opportunities to see Europe much of that just through work travel

Dan

Meh, I don't think you leaving has much impact on the site at all.

Talk yerself up much...umm...Don was it? Cant remember.

Sheesh

(that's all, lol)

Duff said:
Great stuff Dan.
Willy you have time to get down to a finals game for one last silvertails beer?

It all depends. I don't have a start date yet, my boss and my new boss are negotiating on that. If I can get the house finished and rented I may be in Sydney for a week or so before I fly out, that will likley coincide with the grand final

globaleagle said:
Meh, I don't think you leaving has much impact on the site at all.

Talk yerself up much...umm...Don was it? Cant remember.

Sheesh

(that's all, lol)
If you only knew the background work that goes on to keep your account alive GE haha

So we will all be seeing you at the World Club Challenge in Feb 2014!

"So should be an exciting and busy time, plus I will have lots of opportunities to see Europe much of that just through work travel"

Congratulations and good luck Dan. You've build a great site and place for us to discuss all things about Manly and I'm sure it will continue to prosper in the years ahead.

Pffft is that alll, a new job ?. Here i was thinking I'd open this thread to discover Des has poached you to run the Kennel.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4