Some big personal news that has impact on the site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

Over the past month or so I have been applying for a new job, the job is with the same company that I work for.

I received news yesterday that I will be receiving a job offer for this, so I have the job, they are just finalising the numbers now.

Why does this impact the site?

Well the job is actually located in Amsterdam of all places, and I will be moving there within the next 4 - 6 weeks to start the job. The job also involves a lot of travel time and a lot less desk time.

With me being outside of Australian hours and not having much time with the new job, I wont have a lot of time to maintain the site, though I will be doing my best to stay in touch with everything.

I am working with the leadership team to make life easier for them in the running of the site, but I thought it important to let you all know as soon as possible and that the site may therefore go through some different changes in regards to who looks after the site and so on.

Down the track I may either have to sell the site, move it on to another passionate Manly geek or just keep things as is with the leadership team doing the moderation tasks etc.

Hopefully everything can stay as is and the site will continue to flourish in the way it has been running for so many years, that at least is my personal hope at least.

Anyway exciting news and many busy weeks ahead of me.

Cheers
Dan

I'll give you $5?

On a more serious note, congratulations!

(And you may have to change your user name to global Dan)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I'll give you $5?

On a more serious note, congratulations!

We dont want tomake @globaleagle think he is a trend setter

Awesome news and sad news too.
Congratulations mate.
Watch out for those 'special' cookies.

wow, sounds like someone is going to "amplify their experience!"

Now, add in all the pot jokes telepathically so I don't have to type them......

Done.

Congrats and a great way to see Europe!

Congrats Dan - will you change your user naeme to Dutch Eagle?

Its always good to see another European recruit to help out with the nightshift...posts can get a little slow during the day over here..

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
lsz said:
Congrats Dan - what a great place to live

It's a great place to visit; not sure I'd want to live there. It is a little too frenetic for me, and very liberal in its attitudes. But congratulations on the job, and on this site. I hope everything works out well for you.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
AmsterDan?

That I can go with.

One other good point is that I already have one Eagles fan who lives there that I can link up with. Someone I met many moons ago in a corporate box in Melbourne. It's great to know I have someone to watch the games with :)

Dan said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

We dont want tomake @globaleagle think he is a trend setter

Too late!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
AmsterDan?

lol, nice.

Dan said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
AmsterDan?

One other good point is that I already have one Eagles fan who lives there that I can link up with.

It's great to know I have someone to watch the games with :)

hahaha, your wife must be relieved!

Congrats Dan

Amsterdam Is the weed Capital of the world
Don't forget to watch Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo for tips

nice news.Good luck

im currently going through the process of moving countries right now.At least you dont have to worry about schools yet. Its no fun .the process

jbb/james said:
nice news.Good luck

im currently going through the process of moving countries right now.At least you dont have to worry about schools yet. Its no fun .the process

Trying to move a 5 year renovation forward to a 4 week reno and have the house ready for renters by October 10 thats scary, once complete well then I will feel better about things.

I will be moving 2 months before Matilda and my wife, which will be horrible, but you are right I don't have the headache of schools yet

Exciting times Dan. You have done a great job with this site and don't worry about not having enough time to update the site, just introduce them Dutchies to the great Aussie Sickday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4