Some Avatars missing -> plese read

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Some Avatars missing -> plese read

I have run a bit of basic performance tuning on the site, we are essentially getting hammered here and RAM is being consumed pretty quickly.

As such I have had to run a little tuning on the forums. One of those was to remove any external Avatars. The reason for this is that every time the system uses them it makes a call to an external server and then pulls the avatar from there, which in turn consumes memory.

So if you had not uploaded your Avatar to Silvertails, please do so now rather than grabbing from an external site.

Cheers
Dan

Re: Some Avatars missing -> plese read

Never mind i found it.

Its in the edit profile section if anyone else is lost.

i have already seen a massive performance improvement, especially given I am running a fairly resource intensive script in the background to do some cleanup.

Yeah id noticed the load times had fallen way back. Was a point there that the pages were instant loads but the 5-6 seconds aint bad. Heaps better than the 40 - 60 seconds it was taking a few weeks ago.

they have come right back to life for me now with about 2 - 3 seconds.

Am looking at a more light weight solution for the forums until I am ready to move over to Kunena. I have some concerns about Kunena still though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6