Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Big money ( supposedly) being thrown at the 28 year old Gillett, $600k year 1-2, $700k years 3-4, a total of $2.6 million.

If true , he's going to have to love Waynie Poo, and his home grown XXXX a lot to stay in QueeNZland.

......Brisbane often manage to keep their big names for under market value, thanks in large part to their loyalty to coach Wayne Bennett........

- bull****.

the brisso thoroughbreds (is that what they're called) - pump heaps of $$$$$ into their pockets, somehow it's all 'legit third party payments.'

Spot on mate, and yes that's their name.

I've heard they pump in about 3-4 million a year in TPA's, it's no wonder they can keep the best players.

Gillet could be waiting to see if the donkeys win the comp (cant see them winning).

If they do he can ask for more dollars.

Or perhaps he is waiting to finish the season to announce his future.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

is up there with one of the best starting rotations I have seen - ever. If you consider our bench selections could then be:

Lewis Brown, Apisai Koroisou, Addin Fanua-Blake, Siosaia Vave, Brenton Lawrence, Nate Myles, then fringe selections in Liam Knight, Willis Meehan, Nathan Green etc, we would be stacked, and there are 0 excuses.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

is up there with one of the best starting rotations I have seen - ever. If you consider our bench selections could then be:

Lewis Brown, Apisai Koroisou, Addin Fanua-Blake, Siosaia Vave, Brenton Lawrence, Nate Myles, then fringe selections in Liam Knight, Willis Meehan, Nathan Green etc, we would be stacked, and there are 0 excuses.

Agree with that but our forwards have been going " ok" in recent times , if Skivvy retires it's a replacement top line centre we need as well.

I just seen Tony Adams at RLW is saying if we land Gillette for 600k next year. We have bugger all left in our kitty and no more signing. Young guns it is. Dependant on Skivvy and Snake.

Api may not have the crispest passing but he reads the game well and moves us from left to right back to left well... he puts our forwards in good position , that is why last week Darcy made 170m, Vave 170m, Starling 140m, Kapow made 250m

There is no doubt that Api's direction and read has led to large meters from our forwards in the last 4 weeks

I have no doubt he will be our starting no9 for many years to come

He also made 57 tackles and played 80m last week

I love Api

Api kills our attack regularly. The complains about DCE's last play options have had a lot to do with Api's poor service to him.

Whilst I will agree he is enthusiastic and has that something special he also has many errors and stupid decisions in his game.

Matt Parcell is the better option at no.9 for 2017. He does all the things Api does well without the stupid plays.

Matt Parcell is the better option at no.9 for 2017. He does all the things Api does well without the stupid plays.
I was hoping Parcell would spark our attack, but his running game has been sadly lacking. Against Melbourne he made only one run. While I'm still hopeful he'll be a terrific player he currently doesn't challenge the line like Api does.

I was hoping Parcell would spark our attack, but his running game has been sadly lacking. Against Melbourne he made only one run. While I'm still hopeful he'll be a terrific player he currently doesn't challenge the line like Api does.
I agree he isn't using his speed the way he should - might be more to do with being his first full year in first grade, as he certainly used it to his advantage last year (different game plans would also impact).

He was out for about 8 or so weeks and only played about 60 minutes in reggies.
Yeah that would impact his last game for sure; however, earlier in the year he wasn't running much either. I am a big fan of his and expect to see more confident running out of dummy half next year.

Pretty hot debate as usual regarding Api and Parcell.

The fact of the matter is Api falls short in only one area; passing. Now granted its crucial to playing 9 but Parcell falls short in every area BUT passing. The pros outweigh the cons in this argument.

Yes api needs to provide better service but I'll take his ticker, line speed, creativity, short kicking game and enthusiasm over Parcell's dish off and nothing more for 80 minutes.

Anyone thinking Matt is the heir apparent to Cam Smith hasn't watched Jake Friend play a game in 6 years.

Yeah that would impact his last game for sure; however, earlier in the year he wasn't running much either. I am a big fan of his and expect to see more confident running out of dummy half next year.
Yeah me too.Probably just finding his feet at a new club and as you said,first full season of 1st grade.Doesnt help that he was playing with different blokes every week.But I think for cohesion,they have to decide who the no.9 is because I don't think they have room for both and I don't rate Korisau

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4