Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Api may not have the crispest passing but he reads the game well and moves us from left to right back to left well... he puts our forwards in good position , that is why last week Darcy made 170m, Vave 170m, Starling 140m, Kapow made 250m

There is no doubt that Api's direction and read has led to large meters from our forwards in the last 4 weeks

I have no doubt he will be our starting no9 for many years to come

He also made 57 tackles and played 80m last week

I love Api

Api cannot pass left to right so does not move things that way very well.

Can pass right to left ok but so can most right handers

so as a forward would you rather receive the ball from your hooker with space infront of you ? or would you rather receive the ball with 3 monsters waiting and ready to drive you back a meter or 2 ?

a good hooker has the ability to open up the defensive line and steer his troops into that space

it is in art and Api is a natural ... PLus his hamstrings are great

So as a halfback would you rather receive the ball on the chest with space in front of you or would you rather receive the ball behind you or over your head causing you to stop allowing 3 monsters to break you?

so as a forward would you rather receive the ball from your hooker with space infront of you ? or would you rather receive the ball with 3 monsters waiting and ready to drive you back a meter or 2 ?

a good hooker has the ability to open up the defensive line and steer his troops into that space

it is in art and Api is a natural ... PLus his hamstrings are great
I think Parcell can do all that and more; however, yes, he has had hamstring issues which isn't great but that doesn't mean it will be ongoing. He also doesn't miss tackles.

Anyone think Nathan Brown from Souths is worth chasing? I see he's off contract.
Aggressive. Both attack and defence. Would be a handy addition to the forward pack. Probably cheap too.
Loose cannon and with Taupau in the side,they don't need another player who's only a set of six away from another suspension

I stubbled across this thread and couldn't believe how punny it was.

I'm going to do it! Here it comes! API RANT INBOUND!!!!!

Seriously, why does everyone have a man crush on Api all of a sudden. He is a good player, yes, but his service from dummy half is second rate at best. He is not a hooker, he is best in the halves. Whilst ever he persists with those stupid f*cking pump fakes that nobody falls for that just get our halves crushed I will continue to object to him wearing the number 9 for Manly. Matt Parcell is by far and away the better of the two.

Ok, now I feel much better..... wait.... I just saw you bench.... ahhhhh second rant inbound!!!!!

Seriously, didn't everyone realise at the start of the season that playing two hookers in our scheme just didn't work? A second hooker on the bench is just a wasted spot. This is particularly the case when another player is a utiliy such as Buhrer or Brown. These guys can cover hooker if required. Yes, we would have such a great starting forward pack based on that team list. However; the bigger teams would steamroll us after the first 20mins once we start the rotations. You need at least three props on the bench these days. Then, and only then, can you have a utility or luxury like a second hooker.

Ok, I'm done now. I feel much better. So long as someone doesn't go and put a YART up trying to convince me that Tom is better in the centres or that he would make a great 5/8 or that because Player A has a great YouTube highlights video that he is our future 5/8 superstar I'll be fine............
Not just the blokes with a crush on him.

Manly throw the cash at Gillett
By Tony Adams
August 20, 2016

BIG spenders Manly are trying to gazump Cronulla and the Gold Coast by signing star Broncos forward Matt Gillett on a huge $2.6 million deal.

Arguably the best forward still available on the transfer market for 2017, Gillett has been in talks with the Sharks and Titans for many weeks.

But RLW is hearing Manly are set to make a late offer that will blow both clubs out of the water and see Gillett sign a lucrative four-year deal to play out of Brookvale from next season.

The Sea Eagles spent a fortune building a new team for incoming coach Trent Barrett but have been one of the big disappointments of 2016.

In recent weeks they’ve released forwards Luke Burgess, Feleti Mateo and Tom Symonds, leaving them short of quality big men and with some wiggle room in the salary cap.

Gillett has been paid under his value in recent years. His current contract is worth around $450,000 a season.

But Manly are willing to pay the Origin star $600,000 for the first two seasons and $700,000 for the following two.

Brisbane often manage to keep their big names for under market value, thanks in large part to their loyalty to coach Wayne Bennett.

But the sheer size of Manly’s offer will almost certainly force him to leave his mates at the Broncos.

At 28, he is at the height of his powers and is now among Bennett’s most potent strike forwards on the edges.

In addition to his Origin caps, he’s also played two Tests for Australia.

After a disastrous start, Manly have improved in the second half of the year – and there are signs of better times ahead in 2017, particularly if Gillett
puts pen to paper.

After the club’s big spending spree last off-season, they’ve little room to sign anyone else.

Impressive Titans rookie Cameron Cullen and Storm five-eighth Blake Green are set to come on board, and the trio should give Barrett a squad that’ll improve markedly on this campaign.

If Fulton can get this deal done with Gillett wow we look a lot better for 2017. With Green in the 6 jersey taking the pressure off DCE and now another backrower to run off DCE along with Buhrer we look a more potent side. Next a assignment for recruitment is a centre, looking at Roberts is a good idea but we need some cash to upgrade Tom and Jake so don't spend it all on Roberts. And maybe a winger but if wright debuts today their he will be wing next year I imagine.

So his "scoop"is purely based on alleged money the club is offering.Bennett doesn't lose players he wants to keep.For arguments sake let's say Manly do sign him at the alleged price.With DCE taking a chunk of salary cap and Trbojevics needing upgrades,who does the club propose to play around them and if anyone gets injured,they'll have same situation as this yr with no depth
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/d4a59adb764f3a0c2164c56de39e0ef0

So his "scoop"is purely based on alleged money the club is offering.Bennett doesn't lose players he wants to keep.For arguments sake let's say Manly do sign him at the alleged price.With DCE taking a chunk of salary cap and Trbojevics needing upgrades,who does the club propose to play around them and if anyone gets injured,they'll have same situation as this yr with no depth
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/d4a59adb764f3a0c2164c56de39e0ef0
You know we have a lot more money to throw around than last year. Snake 600k, Skivvi 550k, Lyon 700k that alone is more than we had last year. Add the dead wood leaving and we have a lot of money to spend. Tom and Jake only need 400k upgrades.

With clubs such as St Merge set to offer the Trbojevic's millions to leave Manly, I think we are going to need to offer them more than 400k upgrades @Turbo .

You know we have a lot more money to throw around than last year. Snake 600k, Skivvi 550k, Lyon 700k that alone is more than we had last year. Add the dead wood leaving and we have a lot of money to spend. Tom and Jake only need 400k upgrades.
Yes I understand that but depth has been a serious issue last few yrs.And mercenaries are not the answer.Im sure he'll stay in Brisbane but I don't think he's the answer to the woes

......Brisbane often manage to keep their big names for under market value, thanks in large part to their loyalty to coach Wayne Bennett........

- bull****.

the brisso thoroughbreds (is that what they're called) - pump heaps of $$$$$ into their pockets, somehow it's all 'legit third party payments.'

I agree Bennett usually gets his man but you reckon they would have locked him up by now if he was going to stay.

I'm sure Gillett said that he wants to stay with the Broncos and can't see himself playing for any other team..

It would have to be way over the odds to get him.

Never used to be a fan, but his kick chase is amazing.

I'm sure Gillett said that he wants to stay with the Broncos and can't see himself playing for any other team..

It would have to be way over the odds to get him.

Never used to be a fan, but his kick chase is amazing.
I agree.Not a fan of paying overs and especially when there are a few young forwards coming through.Not sure the Gillett you see at Broncos would be the same one that ended up at Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6