Solid All Over The Park!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Looking at all the NRL contendors i was trying to be a fair judge (which is tough) & noticed a really important factor.
The Seaeagles are arguably the most balanced team in the 8 - Why??
*Because i'm 1 eyed
*Solid aggressive defence.
*Quick as any backline.
*Controlled attack yet still enough quality to add spark individually & creating line breaks with speedy shifts & bodies in motion.
*Not relying on 3 or 4 players - most players average 7-8 out of 10 imo where other teams have a few 5's & 6's then a couple of 9's.
*I'm gunna rev some up & say we have the most talented & competitive halves in the comp who WILL handle finals footy - get that into ya!!
*Even though penalties are usually against us we get lions share of possession so wait till we get an even chop.....i hope.
*Plenty to play for after a tough last couple of seasons bringing the players closer & they are showing it by winning games they would have lost 2010.
*Des has them primed & touch wood apart from Kingy....I better not say it.
*I have $50 on them at 27/1 :p

Me too, I only have one bet a year, as soon as the odds come up...... $50 on Manly to win, been doing it for a decade.

So come on Eagles I could do with a lazy thousand in the kick pre xmas

I have them at $13.

I agree we have very talented halves. freakish ting is that they are soo young. Did they win any junior competitions together?

Brookvale said:
I have them at $13.

I agree we have very talented halves. freakish ting is that they are soo young. Did they win any junior competitions together?

They were minor premiers couple of years back in toyota cup foran, cherry,hoppa,lussick but got knocked out in the semis very early so that worrys me that they cracked under pressure in the big games...

mr seagles said:
Brookvale said:
I have them at $13.

They were minor premiers couple of years back in toyota cup foran, cherry,hoppa,lussick but got knocked out in the semis very early so that worrys me that they cracked under pressure in the big games...

Foran played in Melbourne in week one for the main squad then was back for the game in Brisbane. We would have won that first game if he was in the team.

I got $8 about them making the top 4 so just waiting to collect.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
I think that, along with Illawarra, we are best placed to cope with injuries. I feel the other contenders have some players absolutely vital to their chances. Lose them and they lose all chance. We have a more even spread of talent across the team.

$50 bet at 23/1 and a free 2011 Jersey:D
Like Mark from Brisbane, I alway believe that Manly will win the comp.

The Team of 2011 is self assured and thus overcome any errors/mistaken decisions etc.

They are articulate and impeccable in presentation at all Media events. Unlike the shots of the 3 Roosters on the News, the Manly Boys actually look like professionals and aware that they represent their Employer at all times.

Hope to travel away my Premiership winnings again, Ia Orana Tahiti :)

The Who said:
I think that, along with Illawarra, we are best placed to cope with injuries. I feel the other contenders have some players absolutely vital to their chances. Lose them and they lose all chance. We have a more even spread of talent across the team.

For sure.... I like Dess's dilemna of too many players, all who are good enough and all who deserve their position in the team.

The halves are a worry tho. Sure the 5/8 can be replaced by Jamie or Gift but that only weakens that position. The 1/2 can possibly be replaced by Gary Riccardi at the final pinch, but he hasn't played in the top grade at all.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have NO serious injuries for the remainder of the season.

lismore_fan said:
The Who said:

For sure.... I like Dess's dilemna of too many players, all who are good enough and all who deserve their position in the team.

The halves are a worry tho. Sure the 5/8 can be replaced by Jamie or Gift but that only weakens that position. The 1/2 can possibly be replaced by Gary Riccardi at the final pinch, but he hasn't played in the top grade at all.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we have NO serious injuries for the remainder of the season.

Most teams are in this dilemma with their no 1 halfbacks - same as us in 07 and 08 if Orford got injured. Jeff Robson played a game or two and didn't handle the step up to 1st grade too well.

Tough gig for a reserve grader to slot straight in the FG side and perform miracles straight away, it takes years which is what is so great about DCE's form this year. Even better than Hodko's form last year and that was pretty good for a rookie season

Heaven forbid, but if DCE was injured Foran would play half, Jamie 5/8, Hoppa into the centres and Wolfman on the wing. Still a very strong combination. We can handle one serious backline injury; two would be more problematic.
But without Cronk/Slater, Lockyer, Thurston the Storm, Brisbane and 'Boys would be gone. They just need one injury. That's the overall point of the thread.

The Who said:
Heaven forbid, but if DCE was injured Foran would play half, Jamie 5/8, Hoppa into the centres and Wolfman on the wing. Still a very strong combination. We can handle one serious backline injury; two would be more problematic.
But without Cronk/Slater, Lockyer, Thurston the Storm, Brisbane and 'Boys would be gone. They just need one injury. That's the overall point of the thread.
Bingo mate - the overall balance at the Seaeagles is a major trump card.

I agree mk, but for me b stewart is irreplaceable if we want to win the comp. you can't replace world class gamebreakers that easily. hoppa would be a great replacement but it's too much to expect him at this stage to pull out the magic when it's really needed in the clinch in a gf. of course we haven't gotten there yet....

Ian Martin tragic said:
I agree mk, but for me b stewart is irreplaceable if we want to win the comp. you can't replace world class gamebreakers that easily. hoppa would be a great replacement but it's too much to expect him at this stage to pull out the magic when it's really needed in the clinch in a gf. of course we haven't gotten there yet....
Cant argue mate , Snakes value to Manly has been proven last 2 years & is 1 huge piece of the puzzle if we go all the way. That said, 1 of the key factors imo is the close comradery in this 2011 footy team that wins games lost in 2010 & 2009 not just with Snakes freakish talent, but he seems to bond the players around him. Again Hoppa is a class replacement but i agree Snake is the last player i would want out so lets not even think about it...i'm the bloke that walks under ladders, runs over black cats & chinamen & all that stuff :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6