So what happened - Why was the site down?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks Dan. The skills and hours of labour you put in are vital so we can all continue telling bad jokes and abusing each other (an essential community service!)

But separate to that, the increased traffic now means this is no longer a ‘boutique’ site. Without seeking it, you have become a bit more mainstream and that brings extra scrutiny and possibly greater risks. Eg I’m sure whichever journos used to trawl mwse forum now peruse this instead.

The point being to add my thanks, but also to suggest there might be a number of folks who would happily contribute in some way (not sure how) if it helped to keep this valuable resource going. Meanwhile cheers & thanks!

Now the site is up and stable and there are only a few minor things I need/want to change but the site should be stable now and take less time, from there i will be looking at new sets of moderators to help keep things above board but all in good time

Dan have you ever looked into a possible sponsorship of this site through either MWSE or theyre sponsors?

Since they refer to you as the official forum run from outside the club these days that may come with some remuneration thanks to them closing the official forum and your brilliant service to the club as a whole

MWSE do not want to be and probably can not be sponsors, that would be close to endorsing what is said here.

But it's all good, things will sort themselves out eventually :)

I dont want to get into this debate again but they had legitimate business reasons and they had to.

We have always had an uphill battle and turbulent past with the club. We are extremely happy that this is now somewhat on the mend

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Just NOT good enough Dan.... (that you couldn't make it through to day break).

Seriously guys it's why we MUST help Dan find some more sponsors, he has one now (me)...we need more.

Whilst I know he's not expecting payment for doing this, he at least needs to have the very best of everything and not have to buy it out of his pocket.

Dan a suggestion that might be worth chasing, and come on everyone thinking caps on for some more.

Brookvale Travelodge ( heaps and heaps of people stay there)

Hey Mark, what about purchasing a few jersey or footballs and trying to get the players to sign it.

On one of your away trips that you organise we could try and sell the raffle tickets to reimburse the cost of the goods purchased and to donate to the web site.

Not the best idea but it may be able to collect few hundred dollars to help with running costs.

Allow tickets to also be sold to forum members who can't travel.

Other than that I would try and approach the local car dealership or construction company. Could try contacting some local tradies.

I appreciate the sentiment guys but as of now I am plugging along. Lets wait until the next year.

However if any of you have any contacts in the embroidery business etc that could help as I want to get some Silvertails Shirts and stubby coolers made up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4