So what forwards are available 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Before starting this thread- YES I realise its 2014 & I have NOT given up on this Champion side for the 2014 title, though we are true underdogs, no doubt.
There have been plenty of talk about players leaving & without jumping on it as a negative, this clubs historical championship background is built on desire to compete with the best & I have confidence this will continue.
Fact is if Manly were to recruit some new forwards, who is available for 2015.
Seems most of the marquee types have already been signed, are there any quality big boppers available, maybe even another tough pom, still regard old Kevin Ward the best ever Manly front rower.

Well they are talking about breaking up the rorters after this year. Would we want to try and get JWH back?

Loobs said:
Well they are talking about breaking up the rorters after this year. Would we want to try and get JWH back?
If he was available, definately.

A big front rower is needed. I thought we had one, but he hasn't been tried in first grade so I guess he's not considered good enough.
What about Fatsiano from the Dogs? He causes the Manly pack all sorts of problems with his bulk and off-loading ability, and I thought I read somewhere he may be on the outer at Canterbury.
But as well as a big forward I'm sure we need a winger who can jump and has pace, so I'd target Toupo (sic) from Easts. Or try to get Gagan back from Cronulla. He was playing for us and was really good when he made top grade for the Sharks.

Article today on Foxsports said a few Roosters players are off contract after 2015 JWH included.

Ten regular first graders — including representative stars Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, James Maloney, Aiden Guerra, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Daniel Tupou and Sean Kenny-Dowall — are all free agents in 12 months time. Others up for grabs include Mitchell Aubusson, Remi Casty, Frank-Paul Nuu’asala and Dylan Napa.

The way contracts are these days I am sure they could be available from next year.

The Who said:
A big front rower is needed. I thought we had one, but he hasn't been tried in first grade so I guess he's not considered good enough.
What about Fatsiano from the Dogs? He causes the Manly pack all sorts of problems with his bulk and off-loading ability, and I thought I read somewhere he may be on the outer at Canterbury.
But as well as a big forward I'm sure we need a winger who can jump and has pace, so I'd target Toupo (sic) from Easts. Or try to get Gagan back from Cronulla. He was playing for us and was really good when he made top grade for the Sharks.

Cheyse or Gutherson are fine on the wing. Blair should play more. Jorge should eat a few burgers and move into the pack. Off the bench could be devestating...

Haz88 said:
Article today on Foxsports said a few Roosters players are off contract after 2015 JWH included.

Ten regular first graders — including representative stars Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, James Maloney, Aiden Guerra, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Daniel Tupou and Sean Kenny-Dowall — are all free agents in 12 months time. Others up for grabs include Mitchell Aubusson, Remi Casty, Frank-Paul Nuu’asala and Dylan Napa.

The way contracts are these days I am sure they could be available from next year.

Rorters will keep them all

Frogz said:
Haz88 said:

And then some.

Frogz said:
Haz88 said:

by using this 'off-the-books' method:
28469908-brown-paper-bag-full-of-money-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
WoW_Blue_QuestionMark_Animated_by_atagene.gif

Killer03 said:
I'd like Sam Moa. He's a pocket rocket.

Get ball, run HARD!!! Make 10-15m, scatter defenders. Get up....do it again.

Very underrated player.

We had the chance to sign Moa for 2014 and knocked him back.

Great decision by our recruitment team,

Yeah, it was obvious to everyone that Ritchie would get suspended and then break his neck.

The club have to do something serious about this. We will be years in the wilderness despite a competition winning backline: but insufficient forwards to create a platform. King, Watmough, Gifty, Ritchie, George, Kitey all Gone.
Jake T, Sao, Lui all need to get well, get in form and step up. But we also need to boost our numbers/options with about 3 more front rowers.
This should not , cannot cost us too much. This is why is suggest George, Willy. Yeah Slamin Sam Moa - sure if we can get him.

HappilyManly said:
Hope not, he is an MRC regular. :dodgy:

Mose Masoa would be interesting :)

Agree with Mose, I watched him yesterday playing in pommie super league. Runs hard and straight every time . He whacks them in defence too.

I wonder if Dan is offering a prize for the person that starts the most number of threads........we have a winner!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6