So now we know what DESpicable has done with his money

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Des Hasler, head coach of the NRL Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, has spent $2.82 million to buy right on Collaroy Beach.

It is the circa 1905 cottage, Moana which sits on 967 square metres.

The classic Australian beach cottage was last sold at $2.55 million when offloaded by the Minnett family in 2010.

During the Minnett era, Moana was often the venue for beach side cricket for the Australian cricket team and visiting English cricket team.

The land was purchased in the 1890s by the Minnett family, of stockbroking fame, and the home was built around 1905 then later extended.

Three of the Minnett men were top cricketers, with Roy playing for Australia just after Federation and Les and Rupert representing New South Wales.

Hasler played in 309 matches in a first-grade career spanning 16 seasons, mostly spent with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles with whom he won two premierships, 1987 and 1996 before finishing his playing career with the Western Suburbs Magpies.

Hasler, who coached Manly from 2004 to 2011 winning premierships in 2008 and 2011, retains a hillside Collaroy house that cost $2.5 million in 2011 having sold elsewhere in the northern beaches suburb at $3.5 million.
- story in today's Property Observer

Who cares and good luck to him in spending his money.

But I wonder how many players and coaches actually live in the suburbs they play and coach.

tookey said:
Not to smart buying on Collaroy beach.

Global warming means that in a few years his house will be underwater. He can then have the australian syncronised team do their routine in his backyard.

I'm freezing right now.

I think it works like this:
Global cooling first, then Global warming, then back to Cooling, then back to Warming...

tookey said:

Global warming means that in a few years his house will be underwater. He can then have the australian syncronised team do their routine in his backyard.

If Des was as smart as some people think, he would have invested a lazy couple of hundred thousand into a sea sponge breeding program. The more sea sponges we can get breeding, the more water they will soak up and the rise in current and expected tidal heights can be kept to a minimal.

Imagine how much land would be underwater right now if not for the millions of sea sponges that already inhabit the oceans of the world. :rolleyes: :p

EagleFromMay1967 said:
This thread has become the blind leading the blind. Next.

This is only a small thing, hardly worth mentioning I guess but, you've spelt Watmough wrong in your signature. No "H". Cheers.

mozgrame said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

This is only a small thing, hardly worth mentioning I guess but, you've spelt Watmough wrong in your signature. No "H". Cheers.

Incorrect. There is one 'H', there's just not 2.
If there was none, it would be 'Watmoug'.
Cheers.

:p

bones said:
mozgrame said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Incorrect. There is one 'H', there's just not 2.
If there was none, it would be 'Watmoug'.
Cheers.

:p

Ta.

I want to state once and for all.........Anthony Watmough does NOT use heroin!

He does not even use Herron.

Stilnox on the other hand.........

There is no "H" in Watmough!! :p

So Dessie's bought a nice new house in Collaroy. Good on him.
He still has to drive to Belmore each day to be a dog: Hahahahaha:D

Daddycool08 said:
Who cares and good luck to him in spending his money.

But I wonder how many players and coaches actually live in the suburbs they play and coach.

Its not like the days of old when the NSWRFL blocked Wally O'Connell from playing for Manly in 1951 because they believed he still lived in the Rorters Sydney zone, despite Manly and O'Connell having evidence that he had been living in our zone for the required time.

IIRC when Mark Geyer played for Balmain he still lived out Penrith way (I read in his biography that he claimed it was an hours driver for him just to get to Tigers training at Leichhardt).

As for Des? I guess its his (and his wife's) choice what they do with his earnings.

And here I was thinking he was saving it to renovate Brookie in an effort to seek redemption...

DESappointed.

tookey said:

Hopefully Sam Kasiano goes for a swim out the front and the waves swamp his house

niccipops said:
So Dessie's bought a nice new house in Collaroy. Good on him.
He still has to drive to Belmore each day to be a dog: Hahahahaha:D
If the dogs miss the finals again he might not have to do the drive much longer

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4