So much for Groome

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is an interesting topic. Manly are slow to bring through players and blood them gently rather than throwing them into the deep end. Those that make it, make it well and there are not too many that are cast off to the scrap heap. We also don't lose too many established players. Mind you - we don't have the hugest nursey with which to work either.

Players like JWH are being nursed slowly and hopefully the year in the Toyota Cup will give him the experience to make the step up. Not many players are Falou or Inglis at age 20 and some mature in time.

Clubs like the Dogs pick up many, many junior rep players and then let them go if they don't shape up, some to disappear forever and others are left to establish themselves elsewhere. The roosters do a similar thing.

It is differing approaches and it is impossible to ascertain which is right and which is not. Harrison and Groom may make it at the Dogs but we will never know whether it was worth big bucks to keep them. We are no longer the Silvertails and so we can't just do a Brisbane and keep every slightly talented junior in the state on the books in the hope that they might come good. The loss of a couple of potentials must be offset by ensuring the present success of the current first grade squad.

He spent most of the first half left right out.

But his second half was good

and as for his defensive problems, well how bad is city/country rep minechello then, twice groome knocked it free.

Made 20 tackles, 4 of which were 1 on 1 and missed 5

The other half made 8, no 1 on 1's and missed 3.

He will play again based on that second half performance and will only get better with confidence.

He still looks small but he still looks class

near the very end i saw him kick under pressure, went dead but the distance and position was pretty good in my opinion.  oh well, moving forward...

Groom looked pretty good for a first game in firsts.

His big worry ,must be the fact that the dogs signed kimmorley today which leaves him to fight out a spot with Roberts. Holdsworth and now Kimmorley.

Not sure he is going to make it at the dogs and may need to leave and go elsewhere for a regular fg spot.  Maybe we can buy him back for $500k plus a block of flats in Manly in 2 years time.

I couldn't believe how small he was. Went ok for his debut.
I don't see why he couldn't be in firsts if he gets a bit a bit more experience, Holdsworth and Roberts are useless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4