So,leaving this mess out,how do you rate our chances

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
How do people think the recent events have effected our chances(assuming we lose no players to the diug mess)?.Apart from the drugs issue and snake distractions we have lost Gift for a couple of months.It is interesting that the good sides under investigation have drifted a little but most remain well in the hunt around $11.

I really thought we were a good chance this year but losing Gift hurts as we dont want to drop off the top 4 too much early on.I think top 4 will be a superb effort by Tooves but it may be a difficult task.I have a feeling Lawrence may be a real wildcard for us.

Better than average chance. I'd say we are one of the top 4 sides in the comp at full strength, whether we go all the way has a little bit to do with luck and hunger.

If everyone stays healthy top 4, a few injuries to key players and we will slide. BUT there are some rubbish teams this year (dragons tigers panthers titans ) so top 8 minimum.
Titans have lost prop mat white for season according to fox sports news.

I really like the recruitment. Plenty of able workers in the pack and genuine backs with speed. I think the Manly team has plenty of genuine leaders in the team, Jo, kite, king, lyon, Ballin the stewies , mattai and foran just to name a few.

I think the mix of youth and the ability to mentor these young blokes and journey men will allow both old and new to prosper. The right people get a genuine pride out of assisting younger people reach there goals and if fostered can be an almighty strength. As there is a big influx this year I think this will make them stand up more than normal and take more responsability. Its a massive boost

It always takes bit of luck with injuries but I reckon they can win the lot if they get it

If our senior players can stay on the paddock and their form is strong then we will challenge again this year.

However if we lose a few players like Lyon, Mattai, snake for long periods then we will struggle because our young guys are not quite up to it at the moment to replace them.

The next couple of years will see a masive change in our squad which is exciting as we seem to already have the next crop of champion players that will see us a strong club for the next decade.

If a couple of our young blokes really step up like DCE, Hoppa and Foran did in 2011 and our key blokes stay healthy then we can give it a shake no doubt. However a few injuries at the wrong time and we could drop back to middle of the pack.

Hopefully we will avoid SOO with only Choc and maybe Snake in the frame given Gift's injury.

Ryan said:
Seriously, top 3 with this roster. Anything less is just abstract failure.

is that anything like an abject failure?

Kiwi Eagle said:
When did we change from having a squad to a roster ? ;)

Thankfully we're still a club, rather than a "franchise", unlike some.

Top 4 - joey's work with the halves will improve them and I genuinely think our depth is better than the last few years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6