So how does this work?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Ok Ben Hornby at an NRL run post match ceremony just got the game ball for beating Norm Provan and playing the most games for StGeorge-illawarra. Of course he has, he's played 257 games more than Provan for StGeorge-Illawarra because Provan played for StGeorge and not the merge club.

Can someone tell me what's different between that merged club and the likes of Steve menzies records as a one club player at a club that merged then unmerged.

People will probably come in here and have a crack ite and say who cares but Steve Menzies was the one of the most loyal club man ever And this double standard will contradict it in the games history

Cameron said:
Ok Ben Hornby at an NRL run post match ceremony just got the game ball for beating Norm Provan and playing the most games for StGeorge-illawarra. Of course he has, he's played 257 games more than Provan for StGeorge-Illawarra because Provan played for StGeorge and not the merge club.

Can someone tell me what's different between that merged club and the likes of Steve menzies records as a one club player at a club that merged then unmerged.

People will probably come in here and have a crack ite and say who cares but Steve Menzies was the one of the most loyal club man ever And this double standard will contradict it in the games history

Totally agree with you.

It's a testimony to the loyalty of our players when we have had several 300+ players and yet Illawarra have none that are even close. Hornby would need to play for two more seasons to reach that milestone, and he looks like retiring at the end of this year

You completely missed the point Cam. Hornby and Provan played all their games for the dragons.

Steve Menzies played x amount of games for the Sea Eagles and only a handful of games for the Eagles.

Mate a sea eagle lives by the sea. An eagle doesnt. It's pretty obvious.

Daniel said:
Yup it's pretty clear bias

Are you being sarcastic Dan?
don't you agree that it belittles beavers legacy that he won't officially be remembered as playing 349 games for manly.

Provan remains the most capped St George player.

Triang Hornby is the most capped Illawarra Credit Union player. The NRL annual at the end of the year should confirm both those facts.

We get it.

Presumably the Dragons marketeers get it, but pretend that the current mob are the same club that Provan kicked around for all those years ago.

How could you consider that sarcasm cam? Are you just looking for a reaction?

No I was serious it's ongoing bias

Just have a look at the Dragons and Tigers merchandise - it says Dragons established 1921, Tigers 2000. How is that so? Surely if the Dragons can lay claim to 1921 then the Tigers can lay claim to 1908 - and can also include the premierships that both Wests and Balmain won if the Dragons say they have won 16.

Another job for Grant and his mates on the IC to try to straighten out. Possibly not in the list of the hundred most urgent tasks, though.

Every Saints fan I know is constantly reminded by me that their club has one premiership and 15 years of history. St George Dragons are dead and buried, ain't nothing they can say that will change that.

Daniel said:
How could you consider that sarcasm cam? Are you just looking for a reaction?

No I was serious it's ongoing bias
No mate I wasnt sure that's why asked. Sometimes with these sort of topics your a blah so I couldn't really catch the context of your post.

David Gallop left a LOT to be desired when it came to a great statesman of the game leaving.

Look at all the hoo-haha around Hindmarsh (which I don't mind, because he's the ONE Parramatta player I respect).

It seems the NRL tend to learn their mistakes off Manly (B Stewart vs. Todd Carney for example), and apply the appropriate procedures subsequent to that with the rest of the competition.

No doubt you are right Cam. Never moved from one place and his record should reflect that. The record books are just wrong. If good enough for St Merge then it is good enough for every other player in a similar situation. For us on here it has never been in dispute!

He's the most capped Dragons player - StG & StI Dragons. Provan is still the most capped St George player & Hornby likewise with St Illawarra. So technically they're right but it still sucks that they blur the lines a bit.
Even so I would've thought that they'd have a player that had played more than that.
We know that Beaver was a one club player.

Cameron said:
Daniel said:
Yup it's pretty clear bias

Are you being sarcastic Dan?
don't you agree that it belittles beavers legacy that he won't officially be remembered as playing 349 games for manly.

Maybe the new Commission should be asked to sort this out? How can this be done...who should ask?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2