So front rowers 2014??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
If Rose is really goneskis - whats the options??
Kite who has been 1 of the best buys over the last 10 years gone.
Kingy.......
Big George - gone??
Lawrence - makes his signing even more significant!!
Jake T - This bloke IS our future leader imo - ready 2014 -almost
Ligi Sao - Huge potential but maybe more 2015 - maybe a bench spot.
Starling - Hmmmm average
Cutters fella - Not seen him, but no run in Nth Qld even when Tamou/Scott on rep duty.
Dunamis Lui - Seen him in recent Broncos games & ....maybe can improve here.
Are there other options?? Hasson up front??

Hasson and Gower could both play in the front row.
Darcy Lussick will have seen the error of his greed and should return in 2015.
Watching the Under 20s and there are plenty of big bodies there - not just Jake. I'm sure we'll be well covered. However, players like Kite are rare and not easily replaced.

There are a lot of young prospects around for next year. I reckon Ligi is a shoe in for next year pending trial form. He's already had a run this year. I doubt they'll leave him for another year. Reports i've heard is that Dunamis Lui is wanted in the pack and Josh Starling maybe a benchy as well. Jake T is anyones guess??? People tout him as the next big thing but does he jump over others in the pecking order. Considering he's not playing against men regularly i don't think so. Jason King is another one in there. If he's fit he's in the mix. Purely for experience i reckon he'll start the season with Lawrence. Exciting times ahead though for sure.

Maybe Something like this?

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'aoso
16. Lui/Sao
17. Symonds

Then you've got blokes like Hasson, Gower, Starling, Sene-Lefao and Trebojevic really pushing for spots. Have i missed anyone?

Stevo said:
There are a lot of young prospects around for next year. I reckon Ligi is a shoe in for next year pending trial form. He's already had a run this year. I doubt they'll leave him for another year. Reports i've heard is that Dunamis Lui is wanted in the pack and Josh Starling maybe a benchy as well. Jake T is anyones guess??? People tout him as the next big thing but does he jump over others in the pecking order. Considering he's not playing against men regularly i don't think so. Jason King is another one in there. If he's fit he's in the mix. Purely for experience i reckon he'll start the season with Lawrence. Exciting times ahead though for sure.

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'aoso
16. Lui/Sao
17. Symonds

Then you've got blokes like Hasson, Gower, Starling, Sene-Lefao and Trebojevic really pushing for spots. Have i missed anyone?

Is King really up to is anymore? He hasn't played a full season in forever.

Have we even signed Lui yet?

Some talk recently that we were also chasing a pommy prop by the name of Lee Jewitt. Did we sign him?

Gower is off contract as well & probably unlikely to be re-signed.

Ryan said:
Stevo said:

8. King
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'aoso
16. Lui/Sao
17. Symonds

If he can remain fit he has alot to offer imo. The few games he played this year he was great. We need a older head in the side with a relatively young and inexperienced looking prop rotation. Lets hope he can get through the season.

Ryan said:

He played 22 games in 2012, 24 in 2010 & 23 in 2009. That's getting close ;)

In the 21st Century Kingy has played 219 games, pretty impressive :D

Judging by the signings over the off season and the way our pack looks at the moment i sorta get the impression tooves is going for a more mobile pack as oppose to a pack like souths or the rooster with massive units. (especially with players like Gower, Hasson, Buhrer, Symonds and to an extent even Sao)
IF thats the case can we compete with the bigger packs in the comp? coz geez souths are riding the wave to the GF on the back of the Burgess boys.

Im not so sure letting Georgie go either... i dont think he has played too bad, i actually think him and Fao have been our best forwards over the past month. Thoughts?

Wasn't there a rumour that Joe G may have been contemplating carrying on next year.

Look we've pretty much gone through the bulk of this season without King and Joe.....also a fair chunk without Richie as well.

Look at how well our front row recruitment worked out this year with Richie and BJ. Let's have faith that the recruitment team will pull off similar success with the new crop next season.

Chip and Chase said:
Look at how well our front row recruitment worked out this year with Richie and BJ. Let's have faith that the recruitment team will pull off similar success with the new crop next season.

Agreed. You have to have faith in our recruitment team after the stellar offseason they had preparing this years roster. I am sure they are more than qualified to make the call on George et al.

Mals said:
Ryan said:

He played 22 games in 2012, 24 in 2010 & 23 in 2009. That's getting close ;)

In the 21st Century Kingy has played 219 games, pretty impressive :D

yeah its only this year he has been really struck hard. He has missed a few finals games though which sucks for him.

The way the players talk about him and with Kitey going he is a must to bring on Turbojet and Soggy

Mals said:

Gower is only 23/24 i think from memory. A good strong off season and i think we'll see more of what he has to offer if he sticks around. Just hitting the right age for forwards to peak. If stays, i think he'll be a staple on the bench in 2014. Unfortunately i don't think passing 30 weighed well for George. I do hope he picks up a 2 year deal somewhere since sadly it won't be with us.

You would think the Tigers would be desperate for decent experienced forwards. Hope George doesn't end up at Parra (for his sake) or Dogs (for our sake).

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Mals said:

Gower is only 23/24 i think from memory. A good strong off season and i think we'll see more of what he has to offer if he sticks around. Just hitting the right age for forwards to peak. If stays, i think he'll be a staple on the bench in 2014. Unfortunately i don't think passing 30 weighed well for George. I do hope he picks up a 2 year deal somewhere since sadly it won't be with us.

Try 27, soon to be 28. It's what you see is what you get when it comes to Gower. Good forward to have around & the type of player that every team needs a few of, but blokes like that are a dime a dozen.

Sad to see Rose go from a fan perspective but you can understand why they're letting him go. Sad, but that's the reality of the salary cap. I'd like to see him go to England. Selfish, but I just don't want to see him play against us.

Ryan said:

All the more reason to squeeze a couple more seasons out of him. When players have many seasons of long injury lay offs it often (but not always) prolongs their careers by a season or two, as their bodies have been sat on the sidelines not being belted.

Kingy = 2 more seasons. Then he goes out to pasture

Lord Eagleton said:
Ryan said:

All the more reason to squeeze a couple more seasons out of him. When players have many seasons of long injury lay offs it often (but not always) prolongs their careers by a season or two, as their bodies have been sat on the sidelines not being belted.

Kingy = 2 more seasons. Then he goes out to pasture

Joking right? Pasture was calling kingy many moons ago.

I think he holds some value for Manly still. Be it to help guide some of the younger aforementioned props coming through. And im not sure of his contract status, but arent we able to get some kind of discount for a long serving 10yr Manly junior? In any case, he does seem to be held in high regard by co-players and opponents, he brings some aggro to the team. That will be valuable in educating the young guys

Trbojevic may only be playing kids in U20s but check his figures each week and you'll see he's the dominant force every week. I suspect he will be in Manly's 25 next year and playing NSW Cup initially. But I can see him and possibly Sao gradually getting first grade game time and by 2015, they could be Manly's premier front rowers. They're both young, but they are standout players in the making. Awesome potential.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6