So....Forward Targets 2016??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So its all out there - money to spend on 1-2 more forwards
Who is available & who to target
Is Tumou available - would be my top pick with who is out there
Wish we new the situation earlier to follow up Taumoloulo as he would have been perfect imo
Well - its not a wish list - who do we realistically target & why??
Have a young tank in Demitriou who will be a massive impact soon & I believe will come off the bench by 2016 & add in young Knight, so cant overlook our own backyard, but fact is, at least 1 more aggressive big bopper will be of massive benefit to a Seaeagles side building well for the future.

So its all out there - money to spend on 1-2 more forwards
Who is available & who to target
Is Tumou available - would be my top pick with who is out there
Wish we new the situation earlier to follow up Taumoloulo as he would have been perfect imo
Well - its not a wish list - who do we realistically target & why??
Have a young tank in Demitriou who will be a massive impact soon & I believe will come off the bench by 2016 & add in young Knight, so cant overlook our own backyard, but fact is, at least 1 more aggressive big bopper will be of massive benefit to a Seaeagles side building well for the future.
If those two could play a Jake Turbo role in 2016 then we can afford to go big with the signing. A Tamou. If they need another year, I wouldn't be opposed to Moa and maybe Vidot who can play inside or out.

How d you know we have money left?

Looking at our contracted 22 players there cannot be much left in the bank

Sam Moa and trex back on a reduced contract.

I know, i know.....trex? He played his best football with us and his heart isn't in it at the dogs.

Plus i want someone who has the ABILITY to split the line or at least drive the defence back.

He has that and his defence has been quite good at the dogs.

He certainly won't command the $600k he left the dogs for.

I'd give him a contract with a representative bonus in it for state of origin or australian selection.

Sam Moa and trex back on a reduced contract.

I know, i know.....trex? He played his best football with us and his heart isn't in it at the dogs.

Plus i want someone who has the ABILITY to split the line or at least drive the defence back.

He has that and his defence has been quite good at the dogs.

He certainly won't command the $600k he left the dogs for.

I'd give him a contract with a representative bonus in it for state of origin or australian selection.

Re: T-rex...

I'm thinking that if Foz of all people has to fire you up to put in....then you have real motivational problems!

@:D

How d you know we have money left?

Looking at our contracted 22 players there cannot be much left in the bank
Got Foz, Horo, Hasson, Lui, Wolfie (who would have been signed to his current deal when he wasn't terrible), Mason, poss Mateo and others that have been told to look elsewhere - all off the books. Matai, Ballin and Lyon poss on lower rates for their final non peak years, young guys like the Turbos and Gutho not taking up huge money then DCE's 1.2 but how much of that is the Fox, Rebel, Telstra TPA's...

Got Foz, Horo, Hasson, Lui, Wolfie (who would have been signed to his current deal when he wasn't terrible), Mason, poss Mateo and others that have been told to look elsewhere - all off the books. Matai, Ballin and Lyon poss on lower rates for their final non peak years, young guys like the Turbos and Gutho not taking up huge money then DCE's 1.2 but how much of that is the Fox, Rebel, Telstra TPA's...

Yes but we have already chewed into that chest with Myles, Api, Lussick, upgrades to Jake, Tom, Gutho etc and Foz's last contract was about half of his new one so not huge savings there and highly doubt Ballin, Lyon etc took pay cuts, Horo, Hasson and Lui are some of our lowest paid and you have to pay 25 players in total.

We must be close to the cap but if we lose either Mateo or Burgess plus forward load a small amount on Killers contract expiring at the end of next year then I can't see why we can't get at least one middle of the range forward for perhaps 300-350. Considering we got Myles for $500,000 we should be able to get a reasonably good young gun for that price.

With Barrett the obvious intended coach it may be a positive that the Panthers have given him leave. Would give him heaps of time to look though Penrith and other Juniors as well as our lower grade players particularly our 20's to come up with a decent squad for 2016.
Think the backs are fairly ok .....wouldn't mind a centre with some experience if Killer plays five eighth. Also there when Matai goes. Hiku is a question I think if T Turbo is long term full back. Also Ramien needs to be secured and brought along carefully.

Sam Burgess, Shaun Lane or Tamou for me. I reckon Kelly will be after big Sammy already. The dogs cant keep all of those big boppers.

We must be close to the cap but if we lose either Mateo or Burgess plus forward load a small amount on Killers contract expiring at the end of next year then I can't see why we can't get at least one middle of the range forward for perhaps 300-350. Considering we got Myles for $500,000 we should be able to get a reasonably good young gun for that price.
We will be punting some more deadwood so we still should have a fair bit of coin

Any of our forwards besides Jake T can hit the line and produce a pass to a support player. Didn't include Mateo as he's not in my side.
Saw one tonight in Bryce Cartwright. These sort of players worry the opposition the most eg Arthur Beetson, Malcolm Reilly, Sonny Bill.

For sale:
8 cats who dont play/tackle/run their fair share Symonds Chee scam lui mason hasson andrews jsl soggy
Wanted to buy:
8 mongrel pigs with size and two shoulders who enjoy whacking in defence and will run close to 100 each week.

No side is scared to run at our forwards right now.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2