Snoz and $ouffs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Snoz Daley just said that souffs can win the comp. sucks to be souffs he can't pick a winner if his life depended it. And They only beat parra ffs.

Personally I think they concede too many points. While they can be competitive I think their inability to defend like the top teams can will be their downfall this season.

They should be happy though with the way they're traveling. This is the best they've looked in a very long time and there is plenty of room for improvement.

I personally think the dogs are better chance than Souths.. but it will boil down to Manly and Melb/Dogs this year provided we can field at least 90 % full strength team

What does it say about us if we've lost to parra ! We as fans love manly but hate to admit that other teams are genuinely performing better than us, Souths have showed good form of late and should make the finals, if we were to face Souths right now I wouldn't be overly confident. I still believe that we will make the finals but there is a lot of improvement in both defence and attack ! Look forward to seein us hit full stride, but until then I will admit that there are other teams that look much better than us !

Realistically there are five teams that can win the comp (six if the Worriers ever get hot like last season) - Manly, Melb, Brisbane, Wests and the Dogs, in that order imo.

I think The Who is spot on too.

Except what about the Cowboys who were impressive against the Broncos, though admittedly they were depleted and it was at DF.

In the end it'll all come down to injuries, which can make or break any side.

We have a great shot at another premiership this year, but it ultimately will come down to who we have on the park. The teams that show the most consistency are the teams that have the same roster week in week out, something we haven't had in a little while.

manlyfan76 said:
I agree with the who but I can't see dogs winning finals the way they play.

Don't underestimate the Dogs, they came mighty close to beating us and the Storm this year already, they are a real chance if Reynolds keeps improving like he has been. I think we are the ones that will struggle if we don't fix our sloppy defense this year, Monday will be a good benchmark of where we are at.

I just watched the highlights of Souths v Parra.

First thing, as we all know, Sandow cannot tackle. But what is worse is his team mates cannot rely upon him, and in fact, he is a liability in defence.

Secondly, when Sandow took that intercept and ran the length of the field, I was more impressed with the ref whom seemed comfortable in keeping up with him. The ref could have gone across to make the tackle along with the Souths half. Inglis was struggling. But the ref, he strode across the soft wet surface like it was dry.

Souths have fallen on their feet with their new half and putting Inglis at fullback. Parra, well, shame on us for not turning up when we should have.

Top End Eagle said:
Broncos look ominous. They are like robots. We can beat them but need to be very on song.

You're joking right?

I have watched a lot of Donkeys games this season and they are the most predictable and least creative side in the comp. They have a lot of hard runners and are very fit, but they offer little else.

Ralphie said:
Top End Eagle said:
Broncos look ominous. They are like robots. We can beat them but need to be very on song.

You're joking right?

I have watched a lot of Donkeys games this season and they are the most predictable and least creative side in the comp. They have a lot of hard runners and are very fit, but they offer little else.
Totally agree with this, not sold on Bronco's at all.
Some good individual youngsters with talent like Norman, Hoffman but still think Wallace is overrated though has been better than I expected in 2012. Yes also some young mobile fowards but theres better packs imo.
Melbourne at full strength are a 10 point better team than 2011 & Tigers with Ellis to come back & Lawrence yet to hit his peak are the main dangers for mine.
Next bracket Dogs, Sharks, Cows & Bunnies.

Three dangers to Many

Storm
Tigers
Cowboys

Dogs and Bunnies building nicely, but maybe not this year, but not far way.

Broncos are somewhere in the mix.

Cronulla is pie in the sky stuff. One of the worst back lines in the NRL.

People can't seriously be discounting the Broncos or bunnies for that matter. The Broncos simplicity is a huge strength, it enables everyone to be on the same page and the amount of blokes who can play in the backrow but quick enough to play in the centres is a huge plus for them. Corey Norman has easily exceeded my expectations as a replacement for Locky. The Bunnies have plenty of quality and I'd be worried playing them in a final especially if GI continues his great form, and when we are a touch off our game our markers are a tad lazy and no dummy half will expose that quicker than Luke. When you are playing in a final you have to expect that you'd get the best the opposition has and opposed to hoping you'd get the worst of them. I'm still confident our best is good enough to beat anybody but I'm not sure how anybody who watches the NRL every week can't see the dangers in all teams.

I fear that all this disruption with contracts has played a big part in our average performances. Problem is its not over yet we've still got Snake, Ballin, Oldfield, Wolf all up in the air so all this uncertainty is disrupting team harmony as well as individual performances. Now we have Whare,TRex,Lussick going elsewhere next year I question if we have the team harmony to go all the way this year like we have had the last 5 yrs. Des has that ability to galvanize a team against the odds now it's going to be a big test to see how 2V can perform in that regard.

Cowboys are terrific on paper, but their record in Sydney is appalling. I think it's one win from the past 15.

Without Dogs or Manly glasses on.

Melb: The team who came out of the gates flying this year, however like the Dragons in recent years, coaches are starting to work them out, and I feel they are going to cop a few losses of late (in particular without Slater).

Bulldogs: I'd class them as the underdog this year, and with an air of unpredictibility they can put off other teams. Given a big run of injuries in the backline they are still winning games, and digging deep when needed. All depends which team turns up on the day, and one of a few sides yet to play a solid 80 minutes on song.

Broncos: Look good on paper and their position makes it seem they are doing well. However they have struggled against better sides, and had a lucky draw this year.

Rabbitohs: I don't think they are contenders, but they provide nuisance value. Will push the top sides, and will beat the lower placed sides. Again like Broncos have had a reasonable draw this year.

Sharks: Another darkhorse, who unlike Souths can definitely beat the big teams. That said they lack experience in final footy, but should be up there at the end of the year.

Cowboys: The Cowboys always seem to do the same thing. Start well, float towards the middle of the season, and fall apart at the end. Thurston is relied on too mcuh to carry the team I feel.

Tigers: Sure they are on a run at the moment, but they can be very hit and miss. At the moment they are hitting, but a few losses or a slump in form for Farah/Marshall and it could come crashing down like a pack of cards.

Manly: Like the Bulldogs, have suffered key injuries and disruptions during the season so far. Forans injury has hampered a good run, and with Toovey the team is still finding their feet a little. It's not the Manly of old, and in patches defence can be ordinary, but teams above them need to be wary because they are still a premiership winning side (that can't be discounted), and know how to play finals footy.

Top 4 for me:
Melb
Bulldogs
Manly
Broncos

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4