Snake's miracle passes of late

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Howdy, havent seen any discussion on this but has anyone else noticed hes been throwing an awful amount of wild passes lately.

Dont get me wrong I love the guy but it seems like he has been going for the glory miracle play when he should of just taken the tackle...

It looks awesome when he pulls it off but lately theres been alot more hitting the ground.

He must have thrown about 3 or 4 on Friday night. Sorry I dont recall the game too clearly as I havent watched the replay on tv but I remember at least 1 pass that went straight to a dog with the others causing turnovers anyway.

Hope its just final nerves (trying to forget the few from the back end of the normal season) but if we are any chance of defending our premiership we need him to be on song..

Yeah made mention of it in another thread he just has to show a little more patience at the moment cause it is costing us badly. If we don't respect the ball and get our completions near perfect next fri we are gone.

oh crap yeah was trying to find a thread...

it is costing us dearly...but my god it looks crazy when it works...

Hope we can get our shiit together come Friday.

Bowen is on fire :mad:

Snakes offloads are reflective of the positioning play of his supports, which has been poorer lately, particularly Whare.

i was just thinking today while watching the replay of Friday, and thinking over a few recent games he does seem a little trigger happy. It's a good thing in the way that his confidence is up, and i don't think he is too much to blame more the lack of a consistent team on the paddock around him, so combinations aren't 100%, it's not always going to be the ever reliable brother or Lyon there with the magic hands and perfect positioning, and these younger guys are probably not reading ahead expecting it. When they work, boy is it magestic, but maybe put a little lid on it in the early parts of a tackle count could help a little. They're the killer ones. 4th or 5th tackle, go for it, 1st or 2nd maybe a little more conservative. But hey, the next risky one could be the one that wins a game, so i wouldn't be trying to change his game at the moment.

I agree. Love the Prince but they aren't hitting the mark. The team has played terrific football but it is Final's time and careful, methodical, high-percentage plays are the only way to go.

At the Titans match Snake was over the line and passed a shocker to the right wing resulting in a missed try. He threw a second shocker during that match and a couple last week. I'm sure Tooves will be onto both Snake and his support players to clean this up. He's usually got great hands so I'm sure he's very aware that he's thrown a few clangers.

I've thought for a few weeks that the final pass to the winger on both sides of the field has been a bit off.

It's been finding the sideline or an out of position winger that has to prop instead of hitting it at speed.

I didn't think we would miss Hoppa and Robbo so much.

Because of injury concerns I think he passes whenever he can, regardless of position of support to avoid being (crunch) tackled altogether.
Given all the history i'd prefer he unload the ball, and safeguard himself, most of the time they DO work out , and lead to tries.

Its a fair enough criticism of Snakes games recently. However, I think its more of a sign that his confidence is getting back to where it was prior injuries. Because he's so capable of pulling it off its hard to ask him to be more selective, I think we just hope it starts coming off.

Anyone got snakes try tally for the season, seems to have been going at almost one a week for the past 2 months?

What is he up to all up now? 130 odd?

Still think he would've given ken irvines tally of 212 a fair shake if not for two full seasons out of the game..

joeboy said:
Anyone got snakes try tally for the season, seems to have been going at almost one a week for the past 2 months?

What is he up to all up now? 130 odd?

Still think he would've given ken irvines tally of 212 a fair shake if not for two full seasons out of the game..
He still might, if he finishes his career on the wing. I do not think anyone good enough to push him onto the wing will come along though.

14 this season. 127 in total. He's about to go past Bob Fulton (129) and become Manly's second highest try scorer.

The only currently playing players above 127 are
Nathan Merritt and Billy Slater both on 137.
However Nathan has played 199 matches, Billy has played 222 matches.

The Snake has only played 158 and all for the 1 club !!

Snake should retire when he has surpassed Beaver's record of 180 tries ?

Top 10 all time

1. Ken Irvine (212)

2. Steve Menzies (180)

3. Andrew Ettingshausen (165)

4. Terry Lamb (164)

5. Matt Sing (159)

6. Hazam El Masri (159)

7. Harold Horder (152)

8. Bob Fulton (147)

9. Frank Burge (146)

10. Benny Wearing (144)

then

Johnny King: 143 tries
Steve Renouf: 142 tries
Nigel Vagana: 140 tries
Phil Blake: 138 tries
Slater/Merritt 137 tries
Eddie Lumsden: 137 tries
Rhys Wesser: 129 tries
Sid Goodwin: 128 tries
Reg Gasnier: 127 tries
Wendell Sailor: 127 tries

You can look here for the all time list of players above 100, although it doesn't seem to be right up to the minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_with_100_NRL_tries

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6