• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't Snake close to an all time try scoring record ?

Is there a chance that Brett and the club have an eye on this and thought it would have already been achieved and hence have this milestone in mind as an appropriate time to make a devision on his future

I for one hope he achieves & believe he deserves this legacy which will stand the test of time and cement him for ever as the Prince of Brookvale

The wait for this and playing the champion while out of form is worth it in a season already gone

It will be the ultimate feel good story for the fat Greek & Boxo who all played for the same junior club as gifty and snake and have Thier pictures all hanging together on the wall

A rumour that is believable however.

He is entitled to the $650,000 though. I wouldn't be giving it up for the love of the club that treated my brother so poorly.
I wouldn't say the club treated Glen Stewart poorly, he was treated no differently to Steve Menzies or Brent Kite, or Watmaugh for that matter, and his subsequent form vindicated the club's decision.
Getting the balance right of what a player thinks he's worth in his final contract can be a very delicate situation, and sometimes hard decisions have to be made, as the player will always think he's worth more than he actually is.

I wouldn't say the club treated Glen Stewart poorly, he was treated no differently to Steve Menzies or Brent Kite, or Watmaugh for that matter, and his subsequent form vindicated the club's decision.
Getting the balance right of what a player thinks he's worth in his final contract can be a very delicate situation, and sometimes hard decisions have to be made, as the player will always think he's worth more than he actually is.

It wasn't just about not re-signing him, it was more about the lack of honesty, communication and drawn out bull****. A player of his service deserved the respect of being told early of the clubs decision. It was poorly managed.

Isn't Snake close to an all time try scoring record ?

The top 10 all-time NRL try scorers are:

Ken Irvine - 212
Steve Menzies - 180
Billy Slater - 172
Andrew Ettingshausen - 165
Terry Lamb - 164
Brett Stewart - 163
Matt Sing - 159
Hazem El Masri - 159
Nathan Merritt - 154
Harold Horder - 152

Given the circumstances, he's no chance of catching either Beaver or Ken Irvine. His most realistic goal would be Billy Slater's record of tries for a single club (which should be Beaver's record, but anyway.....).

Last edited:

Ken Irvine - 212
Steve Menzies - 180
Billy Slater - 172
Terry Lamb - 164
Brett Stewart - 163
Matt Sing - 159
Hazem El Masri - 159
Nathan Merritt - 154
Harold Horder - 152
And we all know Beaver's were, in the real world, all for Manly. Stuff that Northern Eagles horse shyte.

Ken Irvine - 212
Steve Menzies - 180
Billy Slater - 172
Terry Lamb - 164
Brett Stewart - 163
Matt Sing - 159
Hazem El Masri - 159
Nathan Merritt - 154
Harold Horder - 152

Given the circumstances, he's no chance of catching either Beaver or Ken Irvine. His most realistic goal would be Billy Slater's record of tries for a single club (which should be Beaver's record, but anyway.....).

Thanks mate

I had a feeling there was a big deal about brookvale

Might be mixing up with the overall manly record or just wishful thinking by me to be able move snake on respectfully

Either way I think all parties are looking for an opportune & appropriate way to make the announcement

Eagles reunion
Spotted during the week at a Dee Why cafe was the retired Anthony Watmough with three current stars, Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Foran. Also there was the players' manager, George Mimis. Foran was looking the best he has been in weeks.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...an-for-now-20160618-gpmdw2.html#ixzz4ByXDei6j
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
Looking forward to @Ryan letting us in on exactly what was discussed!

Thanks mate

I had a feeling there was a big deal about brookvale

Might be mixing up with the overall manly record or just wishful thinking by me to be able move snake on respectfully

Either way I think all parties are looking for an opportune & appropriate way to make the announcement
Your talking about the all time brookvale record held by menzies. Stewart is one try away from equalling menzies brookvale try record. It has been mentioned every time we play at brookvale by ray warren. And im pretty sure he played a alot less games than menzies at brookvale, which makes it all the more special

The bloke is a champion and he will come good. Keep the faith people.
First hint of a form slump in 10 years and people are knocking him.
Watching him score a double in a losing side tonight.

how about a double in a winning side .... I support Manly !

I'd say if Brett scores a double then Manly will win tonight. I seem to remember a stat that when Brett scores a double that Manly very rarely loses.

Probably has the most Monday night tries as we play more Monday's than most teams...

You ain't gonna believe this but I looked up our Monday night stats since 2007 which is when MNF became an every week thing.....

Played: 32 (tonight will be 33)
Won: 16
Lost: 15
Drawn: 1

Most tries: Brett Stewart (15), Jorge Taufua (11), Michael Robertson (11)

I'd say if Brett scores a double then Manly will win tonight. I seem to remember a stat that when Brett scores a double that Manly very rarely loses.

Manly have played 34 games in which Snake has scored two or more tries (29 doubles and 5 hat tricks). We've won 30 of them.

His last double was in Round 19 last year against Canberra in Canberra. Coincidentally, his last hat trick was on a Monday night game also against in Round 3 of 2011. And IIRC correctly a knee complaint meant he was actually playing on the wing for the last two tries of that hat trick with Robbo at fullback.

We actually lost the first two games in which he scored 2 or more tries. He scored 3 in a 28-30 loss to Cronulla at Brookvale in 2004 (Rd.5) and a double in a 32-50 loss to the Dogs at Brookie in Round 11 of 2004. Our first win with him scoring a double was in Round 23 of 2004 in a 48-10 win over Newcastle. Since then we've rarely lost when Snake has been in a try scoring mood.

Last edited:
I'd be happy for him to score one try considering the dry spell he's having (His last try being in RD 3). Anyone know the longest he's gone in consecutive games without scoring barring injury?

I'd be happy for him to score one try considering the dry spell he's having (His last try being in RD 3). Anyone know the longest he's gone in consecutive games without scoring barring injury?

Before this year his leanest run was 7 games in 2013. If he doesn't score tonight it'll be 9 games he's played without scoring.

Unfortunately Brett was very poor tonight. It looked like he was training for touch football.

However

It is clear he is playing injured. He was limping around most of the 2nd half. You will not see him playing next week or 4 with his dodgy hammys.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6