• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think everyone can see that snake needs a rest to get the hammies to at least 70% but with the injuries to our backline, it makes it difficult to rest him.

Having Lyon, Matai and Taufua out for periods this year meant we were lean in the backline. Then we sign Wright to cover and DCE goes down and Walker has to go back to the halves.

If we had Lyon and DCE back, it would give us the opportunity to give snake a rest now that Taufua is back. Tom goes back to fullback and Walker can go back to the centres with Jamie.

That won't happen for until after the Titans game though.

He may well be "taking one for the team" by playing injured but who knows? I don't. All we know is that he is not even 50% of the snake of old and it's sad to see.

We'll know more when the others come back I suppose.

Bad hammies or not Snake showed no leadership or guidance to the rest of the team when the 'Riff started their comeback. He didn't lead the team onto the field after half-time - Jake did.
If the coaches thought he was putting in he'd be captain, not co-captain.
This former great was the most experienced player in our team yesterday - except for Mr Plod - and we needed him to steel the players in defence, and put his body on the line.
I have heard from an unreliable source that he is not liked by the playing group. I don't know if this is true, but I do know that if he has clocked off we should announce that he has a season ending injury and let Tom Turbo get accustomed to playing fullback in first grade.
Our season is gone. We won't win the dreaded wooden spoon, thanks to Newcastle. So we may as well trial some reserve graders because they may turn out to be better players than we thought.

Mark are you going to game?Maybe we could catch up for a beer.

Hard to get excited but I have to be there if our guys are going round.Will be interesting to see how Kapow responds to his suspension.Cant help but feel he may have been helpful in stopping their momentum yesterday.Will be a real test.He must know he has let the team down and owes them one.Winnable game if yesterday hurt them enough.

I'm taking the caravan away tomorrow and not due back to Monday afternoon, probably won't be going but I live at Redland Bay now so I suppose it's a cop out not to go.

I'll have to see what time I'm back so " maybe".

Felt the lack of effort and lack of appetite for any contact was still there yesterday. Yes bit better than previous weeks but that's not saying much. When young Cleary strolled through he was 98% to score I know...but you always see the last man throw an arm at the ball and try to dislodge it over the line....Stewart just let him stroll over. Only a small thing but to me symptomatic of where he is at these days. First option is always self preservation.

It's tough for Barrett dropping a club legend, but on form its looking like the only call if this goes on much longer.
He can only do that when Lyon comes back, otherwise who do you bring in?

Brett doesn't have an all round skill-set to still be an attacking danger in games if he isn't 100% fit injury wise or attitude wise.

Even a broken down Foran playing with injury and a poor attitude could add something in attack and left side go forward plays. Brett is reliant on others to bring him into the play be it line running, second man plays he finishes off with the final pass or chasing an attacking kick.

If Brett has no inside ball players, structures to run off or not forming any combinations of worth don't expect the performances to suddenly hit a "consistent" good patch---he has never been one to go looking for the ball all over the field.

We've got another fb waiting in the wings. He's younger, faster & stronger. He's also playing very well & scoring a bucket load of tries as well. He runs 150-200 mtrs in his sleep too. Snake knows what time of day it is, but the decision is ultimately his, irrespective of his current form. So let's see what he decides.

He is definitely injured and he is definitely missing a quality half that can give him quality ball. Snake had a great combination running off Foran. We have had a different halves pairing every week, which has impacted him significantly

He is definitely injured and he is definitely missing a quality half that can give him quality ball. Snake had a great combination running off Foran. We have had a different halves pairing every week, which has impacted him significantly

Agree in attack, but you have to also acknowledge the angst many have about his lack of enthusiasm in defence is a factor too!!

It's unfortunate he was benched from the 49th minute of yesterday's game. We missed his brilliant organising of the defence from the back...

He's been a great champion of our club and I don't want to see him make an arse of himself. Those close to him need to tell him it's time... If he doesn't know already.

The Warriors, Penrith have both dropped star players recently and it has worked for them. Taylor has also with his benching of Farrah.
I doubt Soward and Farrah were the liability to their teams snake has become to us.

If his injuries are stopping him from performing at 1st grade standard then the coach is at fault for not having the cojones to insist that he stands down until he's fit enough. It's a pretty simple equation.

They can tell him what they like. Won''t matter in a salary cap sense.He will earn 650k per season till the end of next year. There is zero reason for Snake to retire and I don't blame him for that.

My gripe is his selection in the side when his form and effort is terrible. He negotiated a contract in good faith and I don't think anyone on here would toss away a million bucks .....but would be nice to see more effort to earn that money.The coach,and it is a terrible situation to be in I admit,just needs to select the best side each week to win games.How much a player is paid shouldn't come into it.The money is spent...it is form that matters and he isn't at first grade level.

Snake + Williame + Myles are massive liabilities.
These three players are playing at a standard not even worthy of a NSW cup bench spot. Because of these three, everybody else has been under massive pressure to cover their defense (Williame) and lack of attacking ability (Stewart and Myles). You would need a team of superstars to carry these three and still win. Buhrer, Starling, and Walker were all gassed at the end of the game yesterday due to the extra workload and responsibility thrust on them.
A great solution would be to find a way to replace these guys.
So what can we do?
Tapau for Myles
Lyon for Williame
Tom T to fullback for Snake and bring in ? (pity we lost Symonds).
NYEagle

Maybe if he was dropped to NSW cup he might consider retiring. If not dropping him might jolt him into at least trying to find some form so he could get a contract in the Super League.

I don't care who he is and what he has done in the context of being selected to play in this team this week. He is not up to it at the moment (for whatever reason, noble or dubious). People (including Snake) cannot go on living in the past. Be professional. Be real. Be honest.

Or perhaps we should just select Snake, Gifty, Choc, King, Kite, et al each week, then wheel them out in the back of utes to play. Hell, we could even bring back Fulton. And who knows, maybe 13 utes on the field would stiffen up our defense?

Is it not a case that with the amount of injuries we have there are not any other options

Drop him and who do you play in the centres? Wright?

Is it not a case that with the amount of injuries we have there are not any other options

Drop him and who do you play in the centres? Wright?
Anybody who wants to have a go. I don't care about making the 8 this season. I want to focus on reclaiming our culture. I would happily accept a wooden spoon if it meant putting out 17 men with a willingness to invest their heart and soul into their team mates. 17 men who loved their footy and fully appreciated the opportunity to play the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4